It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water & U!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ok look, when there are water restrictions in place why on earth are people still watering their gardens ? And I do not mean the few who actually do it responsibly, I speak of those who feel the need to water the sidewalk also ... for a good couple of hours at least.

I was out walking the other day and I usually circle a few of the same streets and paths on my way around. I passed one house in particular who approx 1 hour and 45 minutes after I had passed it the first time STILL had them in the same position (as most are but dang, c'mon now) making puddles on the sidewalk I'M TRYNA WALK ON!

There is of course more than that one part of the story that worked my last nerve. See they tried placing a 4 minute shower limit but I'll be damned if I'ma cut back my cleaning process for retards to water a garden nobody gives a toss about anydamnways.

Then today on my drive home from work I see this inbred watering his garden with the storm clouds as a backdrop

It's about to rain, turn the damn hose off! :bnghd:

As I typed this I have heard my neighbour hosing down what sounds like cement, backyard gazebo perhaps ? who knows but it's been more than 15 minutes and I think that is plenty.

Excuse me while I go be all "neighbourly"

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I know what you mean, here (nyc) in the summer we always have water shortages because people open fire hydrants for the heat and have these suckers gushing thousands of gallons and the funny thing some of these spend hours going on like that, even when nobody is under them. I mean when I was younger I admit that I played underneath these fire hydrants, but we didn't have the same water problems back in then and the local super (building attendant) would also shut them off late at night. but lately you would see fire hydrants left gushing overnight. I remember like 2 summers ago they had one hydrant that wasn't going on too strong on for like almost 3 days. They had to put a special request for parts of harlem a few years because the fire department was having difficulties with their fire engines because of the drop in pressure from all the hydrants that were open. This was during one of the worst heat waves of recent years.

[edit on 1/20/2006 by Oblivions void]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 1/20/2006 by Oblivions void]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I live in the desert.
All my neighbors have lush green lawns.
They also spend 3-5 times more on water and chemicals than I.

I landscaped with native, and other high desert plants.
They are always on Water restriction..AND THEY LIKE IT!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here in the UK, when they introduce a 'hosepipe' ban, you may use as much water as you like, provided you've paid the extra water charges before hand.

top topics

join