It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Peoples= Atlantians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Okay here is my theory. The Sea Peoples are the same as the Atlanteans.

The Sea People were first documented in Egypt around 1200 years BC during the 19th Dynasty. Plato who wrote about atlantis said that Atlantis was 9,000 years before his time (~300bc) and he heard the story from Critias who heard it from Egyption priests. Since it was the Egyptians who often sparred with the Sea People, the Egyptians probably had a significant oral history of them and probably demonized them with disaster stories. Now I think that Plato exageratted his time instead of 9000 years it was probably 900 years, the same time of the Sea People invasions in egypt. So as you can see it all fits.

What do you think

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And trimming 90% off one piece to make it fit is a little drastic. I like Plato's original dating. It fits the theories and evidence I support. Plato wasn't deemed to be one to be so careless with the truth. Why do you think he would make such a huge change? It is not like him from what I read.
It doesn't really matter, other than the fact that he isn't here to refute you.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And the most likely civilization to be the Sea People are the Phoenicians who were constantly on the move around the Atlantic. The Phoenicians place of origin was the city of Sidon in land of Canaan. They were the best Sea Merchants of the ancient world.

Funny how the Sea god Poseidon of Greek mythology has Phoenican root words combined to make his name:

Phoe-Sidon
Phoenician-Sidon

The legend of Atlantis, as told by Plato, states that Poseidon created the kingdom of Atlantis by raising rings of land out of the ocean to isolate himself and his mortal wife in the center most ring.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

The legend of Atlantis, as told by Plato, states that Poseidon created the kingdom of Atlantis by raising rings of land out of the ocean to isolate himself and his mortal wife in the center most ring.

Isn't that interesting.
I just watched a show on the biggest marine projects in the world, and wouldn't you know it, off the coast of Arabia, a huge manmade island is being built up. It will be very large, considering it is totally manmade, and will have many miles of beaches. It sure seems like history likes to repeat itself.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I like the way you think, Vegemite. The Sea Peoples- despite the temporal dislocation- could very well be the descendants of Atlantean survivors.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Possibly but Id rather think that a transcribtion error added an extra zero onto the 900 years plato intended

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Possibly but Id rather think that a transcribtion error added an extra zero onto the 900 years plato intended

I have read much that fits with the 9000 year time, very closely. Why do you favour 900 years?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, trimming 90% off that one piece is rather drastic. But it's not the only thing that doesn't match up. Much more revision is necessary in order to shoehorn the Sea Peoples into the role of Atlanteans.

To start with, practically everything we know about the Sea Peoples comes from Egyptian writings about them. The Egyptians knew who these "people" were - actually a conglomeration of various tribes from different locations. They said as much in their writings. We don't know who they were mainly because we don't know who the Egyptians were referring to in the names they used for these various tribes. Why do the Egyptians tell us one story - that Ramses III defeated them, and they tell Plato's Solon another story - that the Athenians defeated them?

And, why do the Egyptians on the one hand spell out exactly who these invaders were in writings at Medinet Habu, and on the other hand tell Plato (Solon) they were somebody else?
This link provides reference for the above statements.

Additionally, what we know as the Greek Civilization began around 1100 BC. Why is it that the early Greeks make no mention of Atlantis? Why no mention at all, all the way up to the time of Plato? Why? because it's likely that people that eventually became the Greeks themselves made up a generous portion of the "Sea Peoples". So much for the Athenians (Athens didn't exist then, either) defeating the Atlanteans in Plato's fantasy allegory.

Also, and this is another real kicker, it wasn't only the Egyptians that left written records from the time period you ascribe to the Sea Peoples/Atlanteans. Why is it that we have no similar stories from the other civilizations that existed in the area and in the same time frame?

No, while Plato's fictional account of the Atlantean civilization may have borrowed heavily from what he knew of the Sea Peoples, as well as stories of the eruption of Thera (Santorini), neither were the Sea Peoples Atlanteans, nor was Thera Atlantis.

Harte

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No, while Plato's fictional account of the Atlantean civilization may have borrowed heavily from what he knew of the Sea Peoples, as well as stories of the eruption of Thera (Santorini), neither were the Sea Peoples Atlanteans, nor was Thera Atlantis.

Harte
Agreed, on everything but the term fictional. It is certainly not proven to be historical fact, but I have not seen the evidence that it is fiction either.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i have been researching the possibilty that the sea people are atlantians and it has alot of backup
one hole in the sea peoples histroy is that they are said to be a loose community but a so called loose community would not be able to defeat civilizations like the hittites and egyptians
but directly calling them atlantians is a bit irrational
some say they were migrants meaning that the idea of them being descendants of surviving atlanteans is a good theory
but surviving what exactly is my question
there is a theory that the atlanteans came from the star sirius meaning their contact with the eygptians would be important for the eygptians used the moon and sirius to make their 365 day calendar but this could also be counted off as humans not thinking that people before them could be cleverer, overall i think the sea peoples may have something to do with the roestta stone, if anyone has any information on that.

i am sorry if i mispelled or mistyped something, i am not the best typer thankyou

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Sea People were most likely the early Greek civilizations, such as the Myceneans .. particularly warlike and had great naval power in the 2000-1500 BC era.

They conquered the Minoans, near and on Crete, who would trade with Egypt heavily, were Matriarchal, and did not participate in war. They did have bull fighting, or rather it was bull "jumping" and doing acrobatics off of a bull. And so in modern gymnastics there's that bar thing with the hand grips, it came from this sport IMO.

So the Myceneans probably made sea raids on Egypt and Canaan. This would explain them being the Sea People. Also, in pictures carved or made from the era by Egyptians that show the Sea People show them dressed in Greek like outfits of that era.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Runetang is right.

The sea people are the Minoans if I recall, who were destroyed when a volcano erupted in their capital...this same volcano set off the trigger of events that caused the ten plagues of Egypt and also caused the lowering of the Reed Sea (not the Red Sea; that was just a mistranslation) which became the story of Moses parting the sea.

I saw two separate shows on the History Channel a while back; one about the Minoan civilization, the other was a really high-budget show about the Exodus by James Cameron I believe. They were separate but they basically explained what happened and how they were linked in a very unusual way.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Check out the Robert Temple book, "The Sirius Mystery" -- he references the "Sea People" as the thesis for his book.

Says they could live IN the Moons of Saturn (Iapetus, Pheobe and Dione), he almost calls them, "moving aquariums" for these people and reached that conclusion as to the strange orbit of some of those Moons.

That's where I usually think of R Hoagland's research into Iapetus as a "Death Star" that is artificially-created.

Interesting topic when thinking about Atlantis and Plato's time.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Very strange. But it sounds like this is a hot topic. Aliens are real and u.f.o.'s are real, but it will take a while until we find other life. We don't have anough info. to know if the "Sea peoples" were Atlantians and if Atlantians are even real.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
When Atlantis is Just a myth fabricated by Plato for some rhetoric, based on a mish mash of actual cultures and events, tales he had hears......

There is no Atlantis to find!!

All these folks do is present a load of what ifs.

When venturing further into any discussion, keep some evidence in your pocket to substantiate the matter your are putting forth.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

i guess at this juncture we should verify a few things in order to validate your opinion.

did you know that by 23kya a wonderful shallow green sea filled the carpathian basin [middle danube into the upper danube]? and that it drained "mysteriously" sometime in the last 10ky? [6250bc]?

did you know that this sea was called oceanos potamos? and that atlantis was on oceanos potamos?

had we looked everywhere? had we even looked on oceanos potamos?

these other cultural stories you talk about are enki and his bolts and the rectangular apsu or/and yima and his three ringed city and rectangular vara or/and ra and his rings plus ptahs rectangular royal enclosure and/and atlantis plus the rectangular pen of geryon...?

we should be able to find a great rectangular cowpen carved into the high ground on a great flooded plain across a strait from a twinned peaked island with a great big natural and manmade [as the story says] catastrophically destroyed three ringed structure/city nearby wz huge canals und gates und twinned ports und etc. we should be able to find it from space right?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Parta]

top topics

join