It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Eugenics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Today in The National Post I came across this article regarding a book by former Newsweek journalist Brook Harmer aledging China's selective breeding of atheletes through cruel sports programs.

At the center of this book is NBA's 7 foot 6 Yao Ming.
The book purports that Yao Ming's family has been watched for two generations.

Apparently officals recruited Yao Ming at the objection of his parents.

Interesting read and further shows how everything can be manipulated for purely political reasons. Olympics anyone?
Article

[edit on 1/20/06 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Im not sure why anyb ody is surprised by this. As the article points out the enitre Chinese sports system and you bet thier entire Olympic team is a product of Soviet era athletic "Gulags" where kids are forced in at an early age and train day in day out.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
nothing surpises me what china land gets up too

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
lol, again i see how dumb western people are,(soy no offensive i just can't help saying like this) keep telling storys like this again to make youself feels good...too sad.
this is already a joke in china buddy

[edit on 21-1-2006 by taobo33]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
LoL.

This says it all

First it says
"Meanwhile, scientists fed him a steady stream of mysterious concoctions designed to make him taller"

Than says
""In Yao's case I don't have any proof "

Whats with that

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
LOL, China hardly has a leg to satnd on when it comes to their athletes. We all remmebr those monstrous Chinese women swimmers at the olympics which were on steroids.

Twenty seven Chinese women have flunked drug tests since 1990, more than the total from all other nations.
whyfiles.org...

In January, Chinese swimmer Yuan Yuan did something blatant: she was caught trying to smuggle 13 vials of hGH--enough to supply the entire Chinese swim team--through a customs check at Sydney on her way to the World Championships in Perth. Now banned for four years, Yuan is the only athlete to be penalized for hGH--largely because she was carrying it in a bag, instead of in her blood.

www.time.com...

Just a few of many exapmles of Chinese ( sate sponsored ) drug abuse. Whatever it takes to mkae China look superior eh.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Anything recent mad scientist?.

Do you know drugs and steriods were big fabs in the 80s and early 90s and nly after seoul did drug testing become more intensive. I suspect the ones that weren't caught were probaly using new designs

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Anything recent mad scientist?.

Do you know drugs and steriods were big fabs in the 80s and early 90s and nly after seoul did drug testing become more intensive. I suspect the ones that weren't caught were probaly using new designs

So you're saying that orignal Chinese attempts at doping were unsophisticated, and they obviously didn't try and hide it. I remember those CHinese female swimmers at the olympics, they were grotesque.

I'm sure Chinese doping is amongst the best on the world now, especially since they ant to beat the Americans at their home olympics.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well its a no brainer that trying to hide some steriods in your gym bag is going to get you caught. 60 minutes in australia had a show on about future steriods which develop in your blood steam after one hour.

Theres a differnece between steriods, one makes you bigger increases your testosmone or something and one which makes you last longer like store in more energy to train. Theres also natural ones to like red meat

[edit on 22-1-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Just a few of many exapmles of Chinese ( sate sponsored ) drug abuse. Whatever it takes to mkae China look superior eh.

There are also many examples of american drug abuse, including jones and armstrong. The question is the poor chinese only have outdated drugs to use, which can be easily detected. No wonder, US has the world leading drug technology.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Mad scientist, your speaking as if no other country in the world has coaches telling athletes to use steroids in olympic games...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I highly doubt China is alone in trying to create a perfect athlete via eugenics. How quickly we forget the Forced Eugenics projects of the western world.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

including jones and armstrong

Umm... Lance Armstrong did not use performance enhancement drugs, neither did Marian Jones, both of their cases focus around allegations and speculation, no hard proof to go around.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by taobo33
lol, again i see how dumb western people are,(soy no offensive i just can't help saying like this) keep telling storys like this again to make youself feels good...too sad.
this is already a joke in china buddy

[edit on 21-1-2006 by taobo33]

No offense taken
but it doesn't make me feel good, just sad.
Most people have a suspicion of this happening.

But think of the ridecule for Yao Ming if this were true in every sense and made public. He was a national icon in his homeland, loved by many who felt betrayed by his being snapped up by the NBA.

He would truly face the same fate in America. Imagine as a child what he endured and went through to become who and what he represents, only to realize after all is said and done all he truly represents is based on a lie of the greatest magnitude.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
sum one said america is the leader in drugs i heard from a bio med student that there are carcnigens in the stelroids u feed your cows and that is is known there are carcnigens any the only reason they dont stop feeding these cows the # is because south america the worlds leader in products for synthetic drugs and synthetics dont give a # about there defect drugs and that u all have to put up with it because if you dont the rest of the drugs will shift to the same price with or with out the roids

my question is there more carcnigens on your bbq or in the beef

and stelroids while the may effect neo toxins cognitve function seratona and the entoptical dopamein there not as bad as they seem look at arnie hes a mini gwb a son of a nazi whos building oil rigs of calafornia and lapping it up lik a pig in a bay thing

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
sum one said america is the leader in drugs i heard from a bio med student that there are carcnigens in the stelroids u feed your cows and that is is known there are carcnigens any the only reason they dont stop feeding these cows the # is because south america the worlds leader in products for synthetic drugs and synthetics dont give a # about there defect drugs and that u all have to put up with it because if you dont the rest of the drugs will shift to the same price with or with out the roids

my question is there more carcnigens on your bbq or in the beef

and stelroids while the may effect neo toxins cognitve function seratona and the entoptical dopamein there not as bad as they seem look at arnie hes a mini gwb a son of a nazi whos building oil rigs of calafornia and lapping it up lik a pig in a bay thing

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Today in The National Post I came across this article regarding a book by former Newsweek journalist Brook Harmer aledging China's selective breeding of atheletes through cruel sports programs.

At the center of this book is NBA's 7 foot 6 Yao Ming.
The book purports that Yao Ming's family has been watched for two generations.

Apparently officals recruited Yao Ming at the objection of his parents.

Interesting read and further shows how everything can be manipulated for purely political reasons. Olympics anyone?

I heard about this years ago and have been wondering whether there's any truth to the stories, but haven't seen much in the press about it lately.
Here's another articale from 2005 www.time.com....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i heard another story says in the states those slave masters selectively bred black slaves to get bigger and stronger future labors.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Chinese always deflect the topic back to Americans and Americans always make generalisations about the Chinese, but no one ever seems to want to answer the question. This is a topic that I'm really interested in especially with the olympic games on, but am finding it hard to get an answer to.

new topics

top topics

join