It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is only PLAYING dumb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think that bush is playing dumb in a variety of current political issues.

The first being in Iraq, I think he is saying that we are in Iraq for oil because revealing the real reasons would put them in jeopardy.

perhaps the reason we went to Iraq was to put muslim against muslim. The shia and the kurds hate alqaeda and fight for america. look at recent headlines about car bombings and suicide attacks (from a credable source not from the cnn or something) and you will see that the targets of these attacks are no longer americans but shia and kurds.

I beleive this is because the goal of alqaeda is not just to wipe out america (though that would make their ultimate goal much easier) but to establish jihadist governments in the middle east and eventually throughout the world.

Afganistan and Iraq were their best chances at establishing this so america stepped in.

Another reason we could be in Iraq is to keep an eye on Iran and have the ability to attack Iran quickly if neccesary, and as of recently it is looking as though it is going to be necessary.

Another problem that bush may be playing dumb at is illegal immigration. Now i dont like the fact of illegal immigration any more than any of you but that is because i am looking at it from the perspective of how it benefits me and not how it benefits the country.

Despite all the problems anyone may have with illegal immigration it does boost the U.S. economy by 400 billion a year. This may be why bush has done such a horrible job protecting our borders. Because it helps america but not the individual american.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bush's puppet master tells him to play dumb for a few reasons. If you look back at old video of Bush he wasn’t always the bumbling idiot we see on TV.
His "simple ness" helps him reach the Homer Simpsons and Al bundies of America.
Currently his "dumbness" is used to create a rift between the left and the right. The left wing can't stand that this moron has won two elections. It makes them so mad that they can't stand the right wing.
In turn the right wing gets mad that the left wing calls "their guy" an idiot. Retaliation to Bush-bashing is calling the basher anti-American.

Divide and concur. This is the reason for Bush playing dumb.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I never intended to say that bush is a super genius, all i meant to say was that he is not as dumb as people makes him up to be.

no doubt it was one of his advisors that came up with the idea of acting stupid. The problem i have noticed most people have with bush is they think he is just plain retarded.

This may or may not be true, i was just throwing ideas out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The President isn't stupid; he is suffering from a disease that affects many in America and is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. That disease is alcoholism and drug abuse. Cognitive ability is greatly diminished by substance abuse and usually returns when the abuse stops.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't know if there is any truth to this or not, but I have heard rumors/speculation that he has dislexia. That his father has it also, but much milder. Like I say, it could be true, makes a little sense but I have no sources to back it up.

I also think that he is pretending to be dumber than he really is. I mean, if anyone was really that stupid, he never would have graduated from junior high. I know Daddy would have pulled strings, but ...... he appears to be able to read the teleprompter.

It will be interesting next week to hear his version of the State of the Union.

One other thought: if he is playing dumb, he is doing it in a way where he seems to be inventing all sorts of words that were never in the english language before. And if this is true, it's not a good sign. I started a thread months ago that didn't get much attention, but someone else having the idea that he is playing dumb also, well what can it hurt to post my old thread here again. I think that it's somewhat relevant:

When Words lose Their Meaning, People Lose Their Freedom

Anyway, just my few cents

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have no idea where I found it but there is an edited verion of one of Bush's State Of the Union adress where the editing makes him out to be this pure evil incarnate person. It is really quite funny because the way the editing was done, when he says someting really bad, the audience smiles and applaudes. It's great, I'll see if i can find it. If I do I'll post the link.

EDIT: Oh, found it. It's called Bushwakced.

downloads.warprecords.com...

Linked from here: gnn.tv...

[edit on 24-1-2006 by DrTim]

[edit on 24-1-2006 by DrTim]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
That's pretty hilariious!

(I hope I don't get a warn for a one liner, but "pretty hilarious" just about says it all!)

Actually, maybe not. We still have the next one coming up to look forward. I bet his speech writers are dreading this one!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Interestingly I couldn't tell the difference from that and his real speaches
what a moron

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There is another video that has some actor guy in it playing his speech writer. It's pretty funny also. Ill try and find it and link it for everyone.

EDIT: Okie. Found it ;D Here ya go.

www.badmash.org...,%20Presidential%20Speechologist

[edit on 31-1-2006 by DrTim]

new topics

top topics

join