It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Middle of Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

PODcast: Middle of Me
BH recalls the unrequited love of many years ago...
(Sorry about the noise - for you pros)

length: 02:46
file: btsmpod_1276.mp3
size: 1298k
feed: btsm

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Another unbelieveable contribution. I have to get an IPod, I swear and the first thing I'm downloading is the greatest works of BH, followed by every other one of the great musical podcasters on here.

Although this one really threw me right back to 15 years old and not a place I ever wanna go again - lol.

I am truly amazed at the talent being shared on this site, not to mention the heartfelt expressions of some of us who have no business attempting musical podcasts, but WOS inspired such an outpouring of that.

Gosh, I love this place.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!!

My dear you have done it again. This was a beautiful song as so well done. Like your podcasting tune i'll be listening to it over and over.

You remind me a bit of sarah McClachan. Thats a compliment cause I really like her work as well.

Love and light my friend,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
BH,

I'm listening right now and I must say ... Fantastic!

We've got to get you a Pro mic and line the walls, in your PODcast studio, with egg carton acoustic baffles.

Personally, I think this is your best work yet!!!

Hat's Off! ... and keep 'em coming.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Aw, shucks, thanks guys.

This song started in the shower a few days ago and developed from there. I came right out and recorded the draft vocal so I wouldn't forget it.

I realized I'm kind of a lounge lizard!

I wish I had more time to spend just working on stuff like this. But I'll take what I can get.

Thanks again for the encouragement. It really means a lot to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ahh, such a sweet voice BH. I'm diggin both the lead vocal and the harmonies you put on this. Sounds retro, but retro is good with me. Keep em comin!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks True American. Means a lot.

I really had to step outside myself to write this and get the right mood, which was an interesting challenge. It's about a woman loving someone who is not in love with her. It's about him breaking up with her and she's not strong enough to let him go.

She's not really like me at all. But it could be an experience out of my distant past. At one point, she says "Are you leavin’? (Don't go) Then go away – No I want you by my side, can you hear me"? She's so dependent on him (and desperate) that she's not sure she exists without him. She's torn between love/longing and anger. The questions "Can you hear me"? and "Do you feel me"? indicate that she doesn't quite feel alive without his validation.

It was a fun challenge.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hey Benevolent Heretic, great work there! What are you using for writing the backing track? I've been wanting to do some stuff myself, but I can't think of any decent programs to write backing tracks with.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks, nrky.

I'm not sure what you mean by backing track, but I'm just using audacity to record and I have a Yamaha keyboard that I'm playing the music on.

Other members use more sophisticated music writing software instead of a keyboard, such as Cakewalk and Reason and then there's the easier (and cheaper) programs like Fruity Loops. I don't know how to use any of them.

If that doesn't answer your question, let me know.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good stuff BH!

First time I checked the PODcast forum btw.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
here i got rid o some of the static for ya

PODcast: Middle of Me (reply 1)
Here i got rid o some of the static for ya

length: 02:46
file: btsmpod_1315.mp3
size: 2596k
feed:

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thanks Shadow! How do you do that?

Thank you Swear Bear.
The PODcasts are so cool, hope you listen to more!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
lol its really simple if you know how, if youre looking for a tempory option , the software here Diamond art audio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what i did was, 'Effects
ynamic proccessor
Select) background sound enhancement: Preview and tweak it until it stops being fuzzy (turn the threshold and ratio down a tad)

Effects:Punch and crunch: select compressor on the right (to get rid of the crackle:

also turn the db (decibels) up as it will get quieter, but check it doesnt go above red bar (indicating amplification)when previewing, as that will create worse fuzz) just play around with it till it sounds better.

i find the noise filters very tempermental whatever program used, but if its seriously crackly then try a noise filter.

Lastly after all these effects the track will have been "numbed" (aka lost amplification) a lot so try a virtual valve amplifier (1935 retro jukebox is good, it gives it a crisp clean sound) to make the track louder without creating static. thats also in effects.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL probably a lot of that is confusing, it will probly become clear once you download DC audio, if u want to clean up anything that program is a good place to learn the basics, then you could try more complex program. The more complex ones will likely get better results, only hardly anyone can work out to use them. lol silly programs!

glad if i could be of some help, i just really liked your song, quite moving.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ooo and lol just a tip about the crackle in the first place. Possibly try some better recording software (they usually compensate if its too loud, that way also you can stand further away from the microphone, a common cause of that crackle when you do a louder note
bye 4 now!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This song is being played at the closing segment of The Conspiracy Hour for nettalkradio.co.uk this week, in case anybody was interested.
Keep makin those tunes Benevolent Heretic!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
This song is being played at the closing segment of The Conspiracy Hour for nettalkradio.co.uk this week, in case anybody was interested.
Keep makin those tunes Benevolent Heretic!

Oh, my God! Thank you so much, nrky! What an honor!

THANK YOU!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You're welcome.

'Tis a shame you've only done those two musical podcasts... umm, didn't you do one or two for willypalooza, or something? If you can remember any more that you've done, lemme know and I'll play them in the show next week.

top topics

join