It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing X-Men: Joss Whedon returns February 22, 2006.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

After a 6 month hiatus Joss Whedon and John Cassaday return to the blockbuster hit Astonishing X-Men. The creative team started it all back in May 2004 with Astonishing X-men #1. With that issue X-Men and Joss Whedon fans were treated with the start of one of (if not the) best X-Men books ever produced. Originally Whedon and Cassaday had only signed up to make 12 issues. Since then they have decided to sign on to make another 12 issues together. The first of the new 12 issues will be available February 22, 2006. This will be an excellent jumping on point for those that missed the first 12 issues there will be a Hardcover that contains those issues. There are also 2 paperbacks available that collect the 12 issues.

Marvel Comics held a press conference today with Joss Whedon to discuss his return to Astonishing X-Men There will be a full transcript available at Comicbookresources.com
There you will also find some preview art for issue 13.

Don't miss out on picking up Astonishing X-Men #13. The first 12 issues were a blast and I expect the next 12 to be even better.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I should also mention that Astonishing X-Men will now be a bi-monthly book.
They had a really hard time getting this book out on time every month. I remember a few times the book would ship really late.

This time Whedon is making extra sure that he is ahead of schedule in his writing. I can understand how he can get behind. He is a very busy man.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes, I’m late to the comic shop.

I just finished reading Astonishing X-Men #13. All I have to say is wow. I was worried that all the things established in the first 12 issues would end up being loose ends but things are coming together.
I just love how Whedon writes Wolverine. I hope Marvel convinces him to write for the Wolverine movie.
I’m glad I was late getting this book. Now I only have to wait a couple weeks (instead of two months) for the next one.

join