It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Free' Unlimited Energy Source Developed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DustintheWind

Originally posted by Magickesists
But I did think of one thing once all the poking and prodding tech is worked out whos to say this method of energy harnessing has to be limited to trees. This may have more ramifications than first realized, I'm not sure what other medians could be used perhaps plant life spliced with electric gelly fish or eel dna for extra current. hmmmmmm?

Magick did you take a look at the link jtma provided on this?
Electrode Potentials
The electrical potential shown in the chart is from two dissimilar metals placed in water together.
I get alot of rain where I live, maybe I will use water instead of killing my tree's with nails...

*...runs off to get some Lithium....*

I didn't look at that before I figured that i'd still be considered a novice but I'll start studying and maybe have some interesting new results I'll be taking a trip to the forest once i figure this out. I have a question though, has anyone figured out whether this is the same principles that cause the potato battery or lemons. like is this electricity brought about by the result of acidic degradation of alloys. Or is it more on the static equalization between the base and possible the staticly charged tree. I'd be interested if this method was actually the result of bio energy, you knwo the energy of the tree or planet like tesla theories well I'm gonna study and preform a few tests of my own. Mind you by the time i get up to speed something new will be discovered and this is gonna be all tinkered out so it's viable lol. anyway get back to you soon on this hopefully.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I took a Electricity Class last year in high school, so if i can lend any help at all, just ask whatever is needed and ill hop to it

Edit - now that i think about it, couldnt the type of tree be a major factor in voltage? i have also an idea, if this hasnt been done yet, try hooking up multiple connections to one tree and see what you get, im thinking about testing it myself. Me and my Friend(who i live with) are going to try many things when we can get ahold of a multimeter, maybe my grandpa has one, try different varients of wire, nails, and trees. im thinking a pine would produce less volts then a maple in the winter, but im not sure, something im going to have to test.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by rekar]

MBF

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would like to know where people get investors to finance, develop and market their inventions. I know that there are some crackpot ideas out there that promise unlimited free energy, but there are also some good viable ideas that I feel if they had a little help to develope could really make a change in the power industry.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar

Edit - now that i think about it, couldnt the type of tree be a major factor in voltage? i have also an idea, if this hasnt been done yet, try hooking up multiple connections to one tree and see what you get, im thinking about testing it myself. Me and my Friend(who i live with) are going to try many things when we can get ahold of a multimeter, maybe my grandpa has one, try different varients of wire, nails, and trees. im thinking a pine would produce less volts then a maple in the winter, but im not sure, something im going to have to test.

Hey rekar, I did all those test off of one tree with the nails spaced randomly, and ranged from -.6 vdc to -1 vdc.
Today I tried paralleling the nails with wire and had a common ground but only recieved -.8 vdc total maybe from the different nails I used? I have to look into this more,Theoretically the voltages should have added together, I must of overlooked something simple...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DustintheWind

Originally posted by rekar

Hey rekar, I did all those test off of one tree with the nails spaced randomly, and ranged from -.6 vdc to -1 vdc.
Today I tried paralleling the nails with wire and had a common ground but only recieved -.8 vdc total maybe from the different nails I used? I have to look into this more,Theoretically the voltages should have added together, I must of overlooked something simple...

yeah, maybe you did, keep trying. ill look into it myself.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Has the weather conditions changed in your area at all?

If there is a high or low pressure that may change the levels of power available by the difference between the ground and atmosphere or tree and atmosphere. Could be one of the reasons its not used universally because the weather changes the results of the test on a daily basis making them seem rather random and not consistently reproducable.... Just and idea.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
Has the weather conditions changed in your area at all?

If there is a high or low pressure that may change the levels of power available by the difference between the ground and atmosphere or tree and atmosphere. Could be one of the reasons its not used universally because the weather changes the results of the test on a daily basis making them seem rather random and not consistently reproducable.... Just and idea.

I think it may be a combination of the stranded and solid wire with the different nails hooked together in the same circuit that is causing the problem, I will hook like wires and nails together in parallel tommorrow and test it.
As far as the weather, it did not rain a lick today and the sun was actually out all day, but I tested the nails seperately and came up with the same voltages as in the previous tests when it was raining. Thanks sparkie for the idea though.

apc

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Check your resistance between nails, in circuit and out. If the higher voltage being generated is causing a resistance to accumulate in the electrolyte, the current drop could be responsible for the lack of voltage. If this is the case, try hooking them up in a serial-parallel configuration, so the amperage does not have to carry from nail to nail.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Check your resistance between nails, in circuit and out. If the higher voltage being generated is causing a resistance to accumulate in the electrolyte, the current drop could be responsible for the lack of voltage. If this is the case, try hooking them up in a serial-parallel configuration, so the amperage does not have to carry from nail to nail.

never thought about that... hmm, when i go to try, ill use this

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
sorry for the double post, but do we have any new news on this?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Thanks for the thought apc, I will try that this weekend when I have time, First though I will make up multiple circuits of the one that gave me the most voltage to see if that eliminates the problem I was having before, It may also be the common ground I was using, I will put a couple more rods in the ground to see if this helps by keeping the circuits seperate. Will update later.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join