It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Breaking: Bin Laden Audio Tape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
You believe he is dead, yet you don't believe Al Jazeera's playing the audio tape as a credible source that he is alive?

No. The CIA 'authenticated' this tape. From the links in this thread:

Al-Jazeera on Thursday broadcast portions of an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden

The CIA later said the tape is authentic, but the FBI was not so sure.

Osama did spell out a truce back in 2004 I believe just after the Madrid bombings. The European nations refuse to agree with the truce. It was news.

OK. I just don't remember it. I found something on it.

cnn

European politicians have ruled out negotiating with Osama bin Laden after a tape the CIA says is likely to be that of the al Qaeda leader offered a truce to European nations if they pull troops out of Islamic countries.

And

CNN experts who have listened to the tape say the speaker sounds like bin Laden but there is no way for CNN to independently confirm the speaker's identity.

I guess this year, the CIA has figured out how to do that, huh?

Again. the CIA 'authenticated' that tape.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm

He was a factor. And he did fight.

He got his famous AK-47 off a Soviet soldier he killed.

Stinger missiles to down Soviet helicopters just being one of the weaponry that was gained from such a relationship.

If you believe that I got some land to sell you. First get the gun right its a AKSU-74 not a AK-47 theres a difference they dont even fire the same bullet. Yes the AKSU-74 Osama claimed he got off a dead Soviet general. Note he never anywhere said he killed the general only he " picked it off a dead general " Its a nice story isnt it.

Osama came into Afghanistan and spread his own money around brought in heavy equipment from his families construction busniess. Osama was a organizer and financier he was not a warrior though he did do a great hype job after the war.

Virtually all of the war was waged locally by regional warlords. Not just Osama was a minor factor all foriegn fighters were. Osama also never got stinger missiles thoose went to local warlords.

For most of the War the US never even picked nor cared where money and weapons went as long as they were used against the Soviets. Pakistani ISI handled all that and they had their own interest in the area they picked. Later we found out the groups the ISI wanted in power werent always the best ones from the US point of view. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran they all wanted to back different factions and groups for their own interest.

But ask yourself if Osama was the great hero/fighter against the Soviets then why were the local people ready to turn him over to the US in 2000?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by deltaboy
You believe he is dead, yet you don't believe Al Jazeera's playing the audio tape as a credible source that he is alive?

No. The CIA 'authenticated' this tape. From the links in this thread:

Al-Jazeera on Thursday broadcast portions of an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden

The CIA later said the tape is authentic, but the FBI was not so sure.

Osama did spell out a truce back in 2004 I believe just after the Madrid bombings. The European nations refuse to agree with the truce. It was news.

OK. I just don't remember it. I found something on it.

cnn

European politicians have ruled out negotiating with Osama bin Laden after a tape the CIA says is likely to be that of the al Qaeda leader offered a truce to European nations if they pull troops out of Islamic countries.

And

CNN experts who have listened to the tape say the speaker sounds like bin Laden but there is no way for CNN to independently confirm the speaker's identity.

I guess this year, the CIA has figured out how to do that, huh?

Again. the CIA 'authenticated' that tape.

dont forget that the CIA killed JFK, so its kinda hard to believe anything they say now.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm really surprised at the amount of people lapping this up. I'm not sure where to begin here.
First off, these tapes are highly suspicious. The quality and timing. Already their authenticity is being questioned. I cannot in fact remember the last time we have had a credible message from bin laden in the past few years. They do seem to be getting poorer in quality as someone observed.
I do believe he should be dead by now, if he is not dead then it is definately easy enough to kill him if they want to.
Take the efficiency with which the gov can trace people in america who speak out about the truth and make their lives a living hell. There are countless accounts of this happening, and people within the gov KNOW they can and will be tracked down if they speak out.
Now take the ruthlessness and efficiency with which the gov can trace these whistleblowers and think about how determined they would be to track down osama. If even as a last resort by remote viewing. It does exist and has been acknowledged, look at the declassified documents on it at www.blackvault.com

Now we have questioned the validity of the message and whether he is alive, assuming i'm right then what? Where is the motivation.

For those of you in the loop with the NWO, you should know that an event like this MUST occur for their plans to continue forward.
A nuclear attack or something similar is needed for bush to be able to use his newly aquired powers in suppressing the people of america. For those of you that don't know, your freedom has been taken from you slowly but surely you just don't hear about every new law passed and changed on the news. Who can be bothered checking up on the inner political workings of the government every day? It's boring.

Yet recently the pace in which new laws are being changed and passed in relation to your security and what is permitted in the state of emergency has increased. As if something is being planned or to be expected.
9/11 was the trigger for these changes in law to be more easy to accept by the people at large, and few have blinked an eye.

I do not think it is as simple as the gov trying to distract from the spying scandal.

Also has the truce message to the UK ever been verified? I for one never heard much about it, though i'm sure it happened. I will do some research on the authenticity of the message later.

The full reasons for the timing and purpose of the new message may not be known and aspects will probably be overlooked, but i do suspect it is also to do with Iran, making it easier to continue their plan of operations there. Will history transparently repeat itself, and the same tactics are being used from 9/11 with the 'You attack us now we fight back, even if it wasn't you who did it' strategy?
Either way, an attack on US soil would generate fear and acceptance for whatever action the gov takes on terrorism, whetherit be related to those attacks or not.

I cannot imagine Osama making a truce, they tend to have the fight to the last man, all or nothing mentality. As seen in the palestine Israel conflict, once war has started with these people neither side wishes to give in.
Osama of all people, would not give in.

I can't help but feel the timing of this is rather unnerving. When i saw it on the news i thought 'this is not good at all....' and had a bad gut feeling. It has been predicted for quite some time now that something big will happen, the NWO is stepping up it's plans, bush is preparing his next move, climate changes, much increased UFO coverage by the mainstream media, the serpo.org files popping up, the year 2012 approaching( my position on those are quite neutral, will post opinions on the relevant thread once it is up again )

Maybe i'm looking into it all too much, making links where they dont belong, and all the countless sites regarding all these matters are fake. : )

Interesting time to be alive?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is interesting though that zawahiri released a tape of poetry today though.
2 things come to mind, Both men are dead and these tapes are old and they are trying to rally the troops and garner (is that a word) the soft side of Al queida.

Peace talk and poetry, if I didnt know any better, I think I'd think AlQuedia has a crush on us.
But then I also think, could these 2 tape, both being odd in nature. Be some sort of coded message , combining together to make a message.

Just seems odd, Peace an poetry thats all

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
It is interesting though that zawahiri released a tape of poetry today though.
2 things come to mind, Both men are dead and these tapes are old and they are trying to rally the troops and garner (is that a word) the soft side of Al queida.

Maybe the recent Zawahiri tape. But not the Bin Laden tape. As he has mentioned about Americans divided as well as polls that points out that the majority of the American people want to pull out of Iraq, and that Osama mentions that they won against the American infidels. That shows that it was new, possibly weeks or months ago.

dfx

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think some people are overreacting to bin Laden's comments about the President. When Clinton was President, bin Laden also said that the US President was a butcher, he suggested that mothers of American soldiers should oppose the President, and that the very name of Clinton provoked disgust and revulsion. It's just not uncommon for bin Laden to verbally lash out at members of the US Administration (not just the President).

However... He used to just say that the President or the Secretary of Defense had the blood of innocents on their hands. Now it seems like he's trying to get a new job as a political strategist with these references to polls and US elections. What is the intent of these statements, and how do they fit in with his overall fatwa?

Why does it seem like he is directly trying to addresss Americans? I thought he hated all of us, but now it seems as if he has created a new degree of hate just for Bush. Would he withdraw the fatwa if we elect a Dem in '08? I kinda doubt it.

And what is up with this reference to the William Blum book? This may be a prelude to something truly terrifying: The Osama Bin Laden Book & CD Club. If you thought Columbia House was difficult to cancel....

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
while i lean conservative on most political issues as most of you know, im not sure i believe the authenticity of this tape. granted i havent looked into it that deeply as of yet. but everytime i hear that a tape has come out i cant help but notice that really you can cut and paste peoples pictures and voices into anything...so do we really know? im not saying for sure that the gov is lying..im simply stating that i dont know if they are telling the truth or not which means i have to wait and see what happens.

Kind regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
If you believe that I got some land to sell you. First get the gun right its a AKSU-74 not a AK-47 theres a difference they dont even fire the same bullet.

Ooh, oooh, I got the type of Russian gun wrong, oooh, oooh. Major disaster!

Grow up. It's an AK, regardless of what number follows it.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX Yes the AKSU-74 Osama claimed he got off a dead Soviet general. Note he never anywhere said he killed the general only he " picked it off a dead general " Its a nice story isnt it.

Actually he has said he got it off a Soviet he killed. You say he picked it off.

Maybe he picked it off a dead general he killed then?

Nice story? Yes, does not mean it's not true.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX Osama came into Afghanistan and spread his own money around brought in heavy equipment from his families construction busniess. Osama was a organizer and financier he was not a warrior though he did do a great hype job after the war.

He had to fight to prove his worth as a 'martyr' to be and someone to be allied with to make himself known to others he would influence, his organisation and financing came at the same time, and after he stopped fighting. The CIA trained him and his group of fighters. Al-Qaeda was the name the CIA gave to them. In Arabic, it means 'The Base' as in the base in Afghanistan where CIA-funded resistance against the Soviets was centered.

Virtually all of the war was waged locally by regional warlords. Not just Osama was a minor factor all foriegn fighters were. Osama also never got stinger missiles thoose went to local warlords.

Foreign fighters came into Afghanistan and had an increasingly major role in the fighting, on a fanatical scale, that the local Afghans came to resent.

Local warlords still fought as what became later known as Al-Qaeda and/or The Taliban.

The fact that you state that only local warlords were given stingers does not mean the CIA did not fund Bin Laden's militants, because many of those warlords became the Al-Qaeda and Taliban. Foreign fighters were also given the stingers, the more who wished to fight the Soviets, the better in CIA's view.

For most of the War the US never even picked nor cared where money and weapons went as long as they were used against the Soviets.

Exactly. And that was the problem.

Pakistani ISI handled all that and they had their own interest in the area they picked. Later we found out the groups the ISI wanted in power werent always the best ones from the US point of view. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran they all wanted to back different factions and groups for their own interest.

But the CIA still aided the ISI, both did not care who they were funding, as long as they fought the Soviets, and had influence, like Bin Laden.

But ask yourself if Osama was the great hero/fighter against the Soviets then why were the local people ready to turn him over to the US in 2000?

Osama was not the great hero for the ordinary Afghan, he was the hero of the 'Al-Qaeda' element, and of course the CIA and ISI.

With his financial and organisation influences, he turned out to be quite critical.

Denial is understandable, but the CIA supported a mass murderer, as they have often have been found to do in the past in various parts of the world.

It's just that he came back to bite them in the buttocks when US foreign policy enraged him.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by Regensturm]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ooh, oooh, I got the type of Russian gun wrong, oooh, oooh. Major disaster!

Grow up. It's an AK, regardless of what number follows it.

No, you sound like a moron calling a AKSU-74 a AK-47 they are not the same gun. I guess a M-14 and a M-16 are the same thing too since with your thinking the numbers that follow it are meaningless. To the uneducated they might be the same but they are not.

If you make such a stupid mistake expect to be corrected on these boards its nothing personal just "denying ignorance" all kinds

Actually he has said he got it off a Soviet he killed. You say he picked it off.

Maybe he picked it off a dead general he killed then?

Nice story? Yes, does not mean it's not true.

Oh now Osama killed a Soviet General
Maybe Allah gave it to him in person too
Its only been mentioned on a few programs thay OBL claimed he aquired it from a dead Soviet general. No where are you going to find any claims he ever killed a Soviet General but go ahead and knock yourself out looking.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
double post sorry

[edit on 22-1-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Border Areas Is Said to Falter
By CARLOTTA GALL and MOHAMMAD KHAN
Officials say that the effort to root out Al Qaeda members is bogged down, and the militants are stronger than ever.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join