It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Breaking: Bin Laden Audio Tape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Well it's about time!
I was wondering when good ol' bin Laden would jump in and save the day for Bush and his comrads.
Wonder why they didn't send a videotape this time, maybe because audiotapes are easier to fake? Hmm hmm

The US needs to distract world opinion from the fact it recently bombed innocent women and children in Pakistan. Now they can say, "Look, see? It's Bin Laden! We had to do it!"

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
The US needs to distract world opinion from the fact it recently bombed innocent women and children in Pakistan. Now they can say, "Look, see? It's Bin Laden! We had to do it!"

Pakistan names three of four al Qaeda members killed in strike

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh I love the part in the tape where they talk about a truce
So they can rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. That sounds like the actions of a side that is winning.

I really dont know how people can believe this is Osama on the Tape though. Come on Osama is long dead by whatever means

- Lack of dialysis or other medical supplies (beleive dialysis requires massive supplies I had a family member on that)

- Natural causes perhaps even the massive earthquake in that regoin, it killed what 70,000 people

- Or a good old US bomb

The biggest proof IMHO is the fact he hasnt release a Video tape which would be 100% Proof he was alive if he talked about current events. This would also be a huge propoganda tool for him and his supporters (Look even the might of the Great super power cant stop OSAMA) Something along those lines and yet all we get is a few audio tapes which may or might not be Osama

No matter the cause of his death, unless he died in some Great "martyr" attack would be a blow to his people so they would go to lengths to hide it. Even if it was a natural cause like a earthquake or some medical issue that wouldnt look to good for Allah's Golden boy.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice the tags on this subject: "fairy tales, liberal hate,"

It looks like Bin Laden's message is having it's intended effect.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
CNN claims the tape is legit according to the CIA. It also appears to have been recorded in December.

Why cant we kill this guy?!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is no way the CIA can be positive who is on that tape by voice alone. Voice Analysis is just not as accurate as people make it seem. Heck even DNA testing is not 100% correct all the time it can only give you odds granted super high odds. But Voice analysis is a far cry DNA testing

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another fake tape. Gee, I wonder who's falling for this now....

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
1. Dronetek, enough of your baiting.

2. Stay on topic. Discuss the Bin Laden tape and other pertinent issues related to the thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
People like Dronetek forget that nobody outside of America even care about what a "Liberal" or "Conservative" is- all they care about is tyranny. That's what GW is- a TYRANT.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No more political baiting goes for both sides.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The powers that be know very well that they do not need a "video". The audio should suffice for those who are TRUE Americans. You know, beleive Bush.

As someone put it, the rest of us are terrorists? Let me tell you something, that is the most ignorant and anti American phrase i ever did see posted here. But we are all entitled. For the love of God, that voice doesnt even sound like Osama's last video!
Oh well, as long as the experts in government analyzed it and say its the real thing, thats good enough for some.

I find it
to say the least. As far as a truce, pffft, yea right. And why dont we take it?
Because as a wartime president mr. Bush could never possibly stop ze war???
Oh my gosh. I just love it when i am a good law abiding American and someone makes reference that if i'm not with Bush i must be a terrorist.

My day is made.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
external image

What I wonder is how are we not able to find him? Is the country of Afghanistan actually all that big or is the terrain the major issue?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDayAfter

What I wonder is how are we not able to find him? Is the country of Afghanistan actually all that big or is the terrain the major issue?

There are many factors that explains why we can't find Osama both in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Not to mention much of the population especially Pakistan where they are Taliban and Al Qaeda sympathizers. Also, Osama doesn't exactly tell where he at.
Not even telling us if we are hot or cold or even warm or cool.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What we're seeing is shadows on the wall...Im sure the real players will never come to light. Is this a CIA trick to prolong the war?......I don't think so, why would the CIA advertise its failure to catch OBL....everytime OBL spews his garbage its a slap in the face to the CIA.

I think its for real and it shows that perhaps we have put a hurt on radical islam.....Afghanistan is no longer a terror state....Pakistan is hunting them down....Iraqi insurgents are turning against Al Qaeda terrorists and the Iraqis are not gonna jump on the "Jihad" bandwagon. Maybe that strike in Pakistan really did hit some top AQ members.

I take this video as a sign that their hurt and if AQ coulda hit us on America soil.....they would have, but he said that to make us think that our extra security is not working and he is trying to psyche us out.

Maximu§

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It does not surprise me Bin Laden is hinting at a truce, if the audio tape is indeed him and it was recorded recently.

Bin Laden sees the US eyeing up Iran.

Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda hate Iran's government, because the majority of Iran is Shia Muslim, a branch of Islam that does not recognise a certain Caliph as a successor to the prophet Mohammed, unlike the Sunni branch.

The extreme Sunni belief, of which Al-Qaeda follow, are of the belief that the Shia, because of their non-recognition of the Caliph, are not Muslims, and in Al-Zarqawi's words "Worse than Americans"

Hence why Shia mosques and Shias themselves are targetted by Al-Zarqawi's group in Iraq.

Thus as a result, any form of conflict between two of Al-Qaeda's enemies, US and Iran, can only bring glee to Al-Qaeda.

Bin Laden wants a full out overthrow of Iran's leadership, and wants the US to do it, a US invasion to create anarchy and space for Al-Qaeda to prosper in Iran among the Sunni population in Iran.

But the US troops themselves are busy in Iraq with the Iraqi insurgency, let alone invading Iran.

What better way to encourage an invasion of Iran then relieve the US troops of Al-Zarqawi's group and other Al-Qaeda inspired groups for awhile.

Whilst not stopping the insurgency in Iraq (There's still the Iraqi home grown Resistance), Bin Laden hopes it would be enough relief to see war in Iran, to see the end of the leadership there now, and the end of any governance of Iran for awhile, and general carnage in Iran, seeing Americans and Shia Iranians kill each other, both enemies of Al-Qaeda.

Bin Laden has seen favourable leadership change before, seeing the overthrow of Saddam Hussein and the Baathists by US led Forces.

Bin Laden is said to have called Saddam "A bad muslim" for being secular, and opposed his rule, indeed offering to lead an Mujahadeen Army in fighting Saddam's forces in Kuwait in 1990 rather than see US troops stationed on holy ground like Saudi Arabia.

Bin Laden is aware that with an invasion of Iran, the Shias in Iraq, whose insurgency is not quite as intensive in 'bang bang' as that of their fellow Sunni Iraqis (preferring to infiltrate the Iraqi security services and government from within)would be in uproar at the invasion of a Shia dominated Iran, (and don't foprget Shia dominated government which has ties to Iran) intensifying the insurgency in Iraq further while the war in Iran raged, and an Iranian insurgency.

Bin Laden wants to see US Troops bleed and be bogged down in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran, along with the fall of the Ayatollahs in Iran.

That's of course if the audiotape is real.

It makes one think why Al-Zawhiri, almost as wanted as Bin Laden had no qualms about appearing in person in video tapes but not Bin Laden, preferring the audio tape.

This was happening before the airstrike in Pakistan, so it was not Bin Laden's fear what nearly or may have happened to Al-Zawhiri in Pakistan that makes him prefer the audiotape.

Maybe then, the audiotape is fake.....Bin Laden not appearing in video means his physical presence in the world is reduced to pictures that get older over time, raising much speculation as to whether he's slive and dead.

But perhaps that works to a man most wanted's advantage.

Dead or Alive? He'll not completley comfirm either.

As to the promise of more attacks on the US....whether true or not, the voice on the tape succeeds in planting fearful paranoia, justly or unjustly, in the minds of Americans, which can have almost as much as a damaging effect on society as any terrorist act.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
What we're seeing is shadows on the wall...Im sure the real players will never come to light. Is this a CIA trick to prolong the war?......I don't think so, why would the CIA advertise its failure to catch OBL....everytime OBL spews his garbage its a slap in the face to the CIA.

I think its for real and it shows that perhaps we have put a hurt on radical islam.....Afghanistan is no longer a terror state....Pakistan is hunting them down....Iraqi insurgents are turning against Al Qaeda terrorists and the Iraqis are not gonna jump on the "Jihad" bandwagon. Maybe that strike in Pakistan really did hit some top AQ members.

I take this video as a sign that their hurt and if AQ coulda hit us on America soil.....they would have, but he said that to make us think that our extra security is not working and he is trying to psyche us out.

Maximu§

Maximu§

Agreed, It is also likely that the recent attack on the pakistanis killed several al qaeda, hence bin laden offering a truce now......even though his terms for a truce he realises are not realistic.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OK, suppose the tape is real- so what? Youve got a self-righteous towel head declaring war against America while hiding in a cave. Wow that's so threatening- get the nukes ready we need to invade Iran, Bin Laden MUST be stopped!!!

No, really, you think the CIA can't fake an audio tape? Why not release a video? Because it's harder to fake perhaps? Does it matter if that's Bin Laden? We'll never catch him. NEVER. Why? Because nobody want's to catch him- he's the perfect propaganda tool, and even if he's "not into it" the people in that area unfortunately love him and will hide him. What if we do catch him? We'll put his head on a pike but then GW will focus on some other boogieman to carry forth the totalitarian agenda. That's the truth, sad but the true.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
OK, suppose the tape is real- so what? Youve got a self-righteous towel head declaring war against America while hiding in a cave. Wow that's so threatening- get the nukes ready we need to invade Iran, Bin Laden MUST be stopped!!!

Oh wow, wonder where the orders for 9/11 attacks came from, maybe from the cave?
There are many ways to attack America, even from a cave.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The orders for 9/11?

one or all of these:

1)A comfortable Saudi Palace

2) Dick Cheney ordering NORAD down while Bush read my Pet Goat upside down.

3) A Closed meeting in the Pentagon.

4) Mossad headquarters.

You honestly think some towel head with a few goat herders masterminded 9/11? I don't- it's an insult to my intelligence (the official story is).

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
You honestly think some towel head with a few goat herders masterminded 9/11? I don't- it's an insult to my intelligence (the official story is).

Osama the "towel head" and his few goat herders can do a lot of damage.
Maybe I can post a couple of pics of how these goat herders train to fight America? You want to see?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join