It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Breaking: Bin Laden Audio Tape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
CNN just reported that Al Jazeera will be playing part of a new Bin Laden audio tape they just received. CNN says their in house experts are watching the network now and will report what is said on the tape as soon as they air it.

I am sure we will have a news submission at some point but thought those of you who can might want to tune into CNN and see what the initial reports are.

No word on when the tape will play, just that it will air shortly.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It has been played and is being translated. Accordind to translation Bin Laden is promising new attacks on US soil. I will provide links as soon as they are available.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Kenshiro,

Have they said if anything in the tape indicates a recent recording? I have often wondered if they don't have a stack of these things laying around to pull out when needed.

Reports on Fox are it talks about coming attacks (blah blah blah) and about war destorying the security of afghanistan. Nothing new I guess.

Now it offers a truce to the US to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan? How odd, unless our refusal (which makes sense) would then be used to recruit new members.

This tape doesn't suprise me with the recent attack in Pakistan.

[edit on 1/19/2006 by nativeokie]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
He also repeats democrat talking points. Does it bother any of you that USAMA agrees and echos your words?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
From what I was hearing, Yes it would have to be a new recording as there are references to Bush lying etc which is the same as a-Zakawi has been saying recently.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Dronetek doesn't bother me at all. Any nut can repeat anything they want. For proof, look at all the right wingers who parrot each other daily.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Why would Osama be always willing to help Bush & Co?

Those tapes appear exactly as needed to give this country more ammunition. huh?

As a mortal enemy, you would think the said "Osama tapes" would not come out in order to make Bush out a liar. But no, he always comes through. How can anyone beleive this? They're best friends, thats why. Osama helps with the agenda.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That dosnt change the fact that bin laden is using the same anti-bush propaganda that liberals use.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here is a link to a bit of the story.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So now Osama uses our polls against us? Are we sure this guy isn't on the Republican Election committee? He is the best thing that has happened to republicans in months.

What a great day for Bush. Now those who speak out against the war (you know the majority) can be accused of helping the terrorist. Bush must be wetting his pants now thinking of his state of the union address.

Also his talk of attacks refer to the "heart" of America. Would that be a hint of a heartland attack?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey guys, USAMA says the Bush is misleading the world! You were right! Spread the word!

He is the best thing that has happened to republicans in months.

*SNIP*

It's like I've been saying for years. We have enemies among us that will have to delt with at some point. Otherwise we are going loose this war.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Dronetek]

Mod Edit: Removed Political Baiting.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 19/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Dronetek I completely agree with you and your point about enemies among us. I think the difference would be in who you and I consider that enemy to be.

But in the end our biggest enemy is the terrorist. So until we put this partisan BS behind us and start focusing on what is important we are doomed to failure.

So let's make a deal, we deal with Bin Laden and his nutcases first then I will happily be the first to stand toe to toe with anyone on the other side that wants a fight.

You seem to think the Democrats help the terrorist, I think our foriegn policies do just as much. In the end it does not matter. What matters is that there are some pretty smart organized people out there that want us to be destroyed one way or another.

These animals really don't need a reason or "help" from anyone. They are on a religious mission, which clearly clouds all sense of reason.

Let's get them first and sort the rest out later.

[edit on 1/19/2006 by nativeokie]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Then hell would be unleashed...
the heartland has already taken more than its share...(as if there was a "share") but the people have had it...

I have personally met several independant reporters that haven't even let the murrah bombing die yet... and are still uncoving new info... and connections...

and yes, dgtempe... the timing is rather perfect for the administration... so if an attack does happen... I beleive the intellegence of the people WILL look further than the nearest arab nose...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok, let me understand this....
he is offering a truce... without stipulation of any terms, other than rebuilding iraq, and afghanistan...

and why aren't we taking him up on his offer?
Isn't it negligent of the administration to refuse it, when Americans lives would be saved by doing so... not to mention the success of the very reason that Bush has said that we are over there accomplish (rebuild Irag to be run by Iraqi's)

win win hello

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This may explain whty there are no terms aired:
the tape that has been shown on the Al-Jazeer station is not the entire tape. The tape is purportedly about 10 minues long. The TV stations decided to only air 4 minutes of the tape that they thought was "newsworthy"

Al-Jazeera's editor-in-chief, Ahmed al-Sheik, would not comment on when or where the tape was received. He said the full tape was 10 minutes long. The station aired four excerpts with what it "considered newsworthy," he said, but would not say what was on the remainder.

FoxNews.com

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Ok, let me understand this....
he is offering a truce... without stipulation of any terms, other than rebuilding iraq, and afghanistan...

and why aren't we taking him up on his offer?
Isn't it negligent of the administration to refuse it, when Americans lives would be saved by doing so... not to mention the success of the very reason that Bush has said that we are over there accomplish (rebuild Irag to be run by Iraqi's)

win win hello

I know you won't here this on the news or any thing but believe it or not....the US has been rebuilding Afghanistan and Iraq. Yet, the insurgent attacks continue....

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well it's about time!
I was wondering when good ol' bin Laden would jump in and save the day for Bush and his comrads.
Wonder why they didn't send a videotape this time, maybe because audiotapes are easier to fake? Hmm hmm

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Well it's about time!
I was wondering when good ol' bin Laden would jump in and save the day for Bush and his comrads.
Wonder why they didn't send a videotape this time, maybe because audiotapes are easier to fake? Hmm hmm

With evidence like that, who needs critical thinking?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Liberals are the best thing to happen to terrorists world wide. The liberals do all they can to hurt the war weffort back home and all the terrorists have to do is echo the same dribble.

It's like I've been saying for years. We have enemies among us that will have to delt with at some point. Otherwise we are going loose this war.

I understand the dynamics and experiences that have shaped this opinion, which is just as valid as anyone else's. I respect that you are genuinely concerned for the security of your/our country, your loved ones, and your/our way or life. However, it seems to me that branding those who disagree with their nation's foreign policy as - essentially - traitors, simply because their statements contradict or undermine a foreign policy they do not agree with or support in the first place, is in itself antithetical to the way of life we all wish to perpetuate for many years to come.

Before a policy is established and carried out, civil debate over its merits is generally not criticized beyond the context of politics. However, if a policy is implemented and those who were protesting its very consideration based on their personal beliefs and conscience continue to do so (as they did before its implementation), then they become traitors by default. It's as if once something becomes policy, it becomes right.

Might (or adoption of policy) doesn't necessarily make right, and even if it did, people still have the right to disagree without being considered treasonous. The alternative is a nation without political or ideological diversity. It would be the end of pluralism - a far greater threat to our future than terrorism in my opinion. It is a too often overlooked irony that those who most advocate and honor the willingness to die for one's country, are frequently the same individuals who place measures designed to protect the lives of our citizens above riskier propositions designed to safeguard the very essence of that nation. (That is not meant to be offensive, and is not intended to be a characterization of any certain group or set of ideals. I sincerely apologize if anyone was insulted by that statement.
)

If anything betrays this country and its future, it is the divisiveness currently festering in its institutions, religious centers, legislature, town halls, and living rooms. This kind of divisiveness is exactly what the terrorists want. Bin laden wants us out of nations he considers off limits, and has said so since long before there was even a war for "liberals" to protest. He would be saying it regardless of what anyone on the right or left said in this country. We all need to stop seeing one another as adversaries, and start realizing that we're just equally patriotic people who all want to get to the same place, yet disagree on how we should get there.

EDIT: To be perfectly clear, I personally feel that attacking conservatives for their beliefs is just as divisive and unnecessary.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by AceWombat04]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join