It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sewer Worm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Employees at the Huddle House had been having problems with the restaurant’s drainage line clogging up and when plumbers came by to check on the problem they found that some unknown species of animal had apparently crawled through the city sewer lines toward the Huddle House until it became lodged in the line just short of the outside clean-out plug. When a worker spotted the plug, he grabbed it and began pulling it out. And he pulled and he pulled and he pulled until an eight foot long, white, skinless, eyeless snake-like creature emerged.

Full Article

Well what can I say? Theres a photo of it and everything. I have no clue WHAT it could be. Any of you guys got any ideas?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No skeleton, something that 'looks like' a mouth, no eyes, no nothing - Except for 'meat like' flesh.

My guess is that its a plant, or root which has swollen a lot because of all the sewer water.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It actually looks more like a length of cow intestine. If you look at the bottom left of the picture detailing the 'mouth', you can see the cross section of a large vein attached to the body. It looks like the barrel of a tiny gun.

I doubt it was a giant animal. More than likely some intestines, or a strange root as the last poster postulated. Interesting story though.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say. The picture are, as usual, horrible quality. So, until I see something better I am gonn ahve to go with swollen root as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
lol maybe somone had to go potty reeallly badd
nah jk

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkfox12
nah jk

ha ha ha , that's sick ... but still, I like your theory . I'll go with that ...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think down south they call that "Chitlins"!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Interesting stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fanatic

Originally posted by Darkfox12
nah jk

ha ha ha , that's sick ... but still, I like your theory . I'll go with that ...

Okay, a tree-root vs. someone who had a REALLY bad stomach, and you stick with the latter?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would think the simplest thing would be to do a biological analysis of this "thing"... this would help significantly to narrow down the possibilities greatly...

1. Such an "autopsy" would most likely reveal evidence for either animal or plant state.

2. If plant, then end of story, but if animal what tissue/cellular and chemical composition does it most closely match? ... vertabrate/invertabrate ... etc.

The fact that the specimen was sent for examination is IMO the way to go ... but there seems to be some conflict or retraction in the attached editorial about the specimen's ultimate fate?

... and I agree the pictures are poor (almost a rule it seems) ... and I would be suspicious if the story just disappeared with not even a mention or documentation of the examination findings.

... at a guess ... just based on the pictures, I would hazzard the possibility of a large Boa Constrictor type snake that became stuck in its sewer wanderings ... died and decomposed to the point of discovery (the implied time frame though seems quick though) ... where the skin either sloughs off or rots off leaving a tubular rotting mass with the possibility of the skull breaking off thus leaving a vague hole?

Similar missidentifications have been attributed to the rotting washed up remains of whales in regards to possible "sea monsters". Where clinical examination of tissue (and bone) samples strongly indicate or verify a known marine species.

LCkob

[edit on 21-1-2006 by LCKob]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Could be some kind of eel. And it might have bines, the article said it 'appeared boneless'

Or it could be a tubar, all the suggestions sound good.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's on of the two, and this is why. It was deemed TO EXPENSIVE to send it to UGA to have it examined.

Now, if you are in charge of the labs at Georiga, do you turn away the chance to find a new creature? No, you take it in and have the school fund in through grants. No cost to the finder, and he gets his name as the man who found it.

Some one, once contacted at UGA, would have went to the site to see it first hand and make a decision on accpeting or rejecting the speciman. It's a simple car drive, a tank of gas investment. We aren't talking flying a jet to Antartica. This is a limited risk oppurtunity for the University. If it was garbage, they just went to dispell the myth before pandamonium occured. If it's real, they are on top of it and studying. Win-Win all for a tank of gas. You don't pass that up. After all, if you get there and it's fake you merely release that you never fealt it was real but knew the public would respond if the myth wasn't dispelled. An act of preventive crowd control.

The request was sent in. The story stops there. It never says if UGA accepted or denied the request. It does say the people who had it couldn't pay some cost that some one in the position of UGA wouldn't even impose, which is fishy to me. (Leading me to think it's fake, and they didn't want the myth busted.)

It's either a Hoax, and the guy got rid of it as the story states... or it's a Conspiricy and the creature did get sent to be studied (perhaps to Georiga, or some private investor who deemed it best that no one knows where it is until they have finished the studies). Not enough info to make a decision.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think it came from a cow, I just think that they have it in bad cow so someone can't identify what it truly is.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
well my guess is someone let his pet python or boa constrictor escape who then died a horrible death in the sewers, the body was then found in an advanced decomposed state and here we go ....sensation . I'd start an enquiry on lost pet snakes in a mile radius

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
well my guess is someone let his pet python or boa constrictor escape who then died a horrible death in the sewers, the body was then found in an advanced decomposed state and here we go ....sensation . I'd start an enquiry on lost pet snakes in a mile radius

top topics

join