It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My very emotional mother just served us nine pizzas. Anyone who has completed at least a 5th grade level in astronomy knows what that sentence means. However, with the recent discussion of removing Pluto as a "planet", a new problem arises...

How are we going to remember the order of the planets now? My emotional mother wont be serving pizzas for much longer, so we need a new acronym.

"Mikes very energetic moth just shot up Narnia"?

"Monkey vikings established monetary jousts, showcasing unbridaled nobility"?

C'mon people!! We need to think! This is going to become a serious problem if Pluto is released of her planetary positional duties. One day, decades from now, when our children are freely roaming the solar system in their x-wings , do you want that phone call saying, "I'm going to be late! I thought we were going to Saturn, but it turns out that it was Uranus instead. I was confused"? We need to teach em a new way to remember. Our children deserve no less.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by spliff4020]

[edit on 19-1-2006 by spliff4020]

E_T

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Aren't planets normally counted starting from closest to sun?
And those should be taught in first basic classes of astronomy.
(or are they teaching Earth-centered solar system model with flat earth?)

And I bet for many it's much harder to remember which one is first, Neptune or Uranus

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My very enormous mother just sunbathed under noon.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i might be wrong about this but dosent pluto get closer than neptune every once in a while. if im right wouldnt that make that pizza thing wrong every once in a while. if im wrong dont worry about it but i feel i learnt it somewhere.

My very enormous mouse just swam up north

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My God, what's hard about knowing the planet names and order? I've known them since I can remember, it isnt exactly challenging. If kids nowadays can't remember simple things like that, then there is something seriously wrong.

Danny

E_T

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtyrat5000
i might be wrong about this but dosent pluto get closer than neptune every once in a while.
Yep, that's also one point in guestioning its status as planet, its orbit is highly eccentric and more elliptical compared to other planets and plane of orbit is more than little different.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtyrat5000
i might be wrong about this but dosent pluto get closer than neptune every once in a while. if im right wouldnt that make that pizza thing wrong every once in a while. if im wrong dont worry about it but i feel i learnt it somewhere.

My very enormous mouse just swam up north

It does. Thats another reason they want to do away with Pluto's status. Shes apparently, a trouble maker.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My very educated mother just served us nachos.

happy?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travellar
My very educated mother just served us nachos.

happy?

well, well, well..

that takes care of that. I cant believe I didnt think of it...

well done.

new topics

top topics

join