It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting Rocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I know alot of the Mods are probably cringing when they see that I have started yet another post in here. Not to worry though.. no complaints!!

I just wanted to say I've recently taken up reporting on here. I love the site and wanted to do something new. Podcasting isnt really my thing, so I decided to give reporting a shot. It's been pretty interesting so far.

First of all, I've learned alot. I find myself cruising around google, and various news sites. I read alot of the same stories, but from alot of different perspectives. I even browse Al-Jazeera's site, just to see how they spin the story. It really gets the brain cells firing.

Secondly, once you post your first story, the process is simple. Your vocabulary gets a good work out as you reread details and try to put them into your own words.

Third, points. Wow.. It will probably take a couple of stories to get one accepted, but when it happens, and your topic takes off, watch them point totals rise. I know the points are worthless, but I look at em like a sort of badge of honor. You earn them points. Right or wrong. But a well received story can pay out pretty huge.

Fourth, the ATSNN layout. It looks awesome to see your story posted on there. I kind of take pride seeing it up there. I understand now, why they scrutinize the content so much.This site rocks, and its only get bigger and better. Especially when the show starts. (How freakin cool is that??)

If there was one thing that I could change it would be the voting notification system. I really think they should notify you of all the "yes" votes as well. I have no real compass as to where the story is going. And when I open my U2U box and see 7 no votes for "story" and "bias", its a little like opening the mailbox and getting 7 bills. Sucks. But seeing some "yes" votes in there would be like getting a card in the mail from your grandma with 50 bucks in it on the same day as those 7 bills.

So to any of you who havent tried it yet, go find yourself a story, and give it a shot. You only run the risk of gaining some knowledge and some points.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by spliff4020]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that your contributing to ATSNN. I've tested the water in that forum a couple times, and it was an interesting process.
And yeah, the points are pretty good. I think it's 250 points for every time someone replies to your story.

Originally posted by spliff4020, If there was one thing that I could change it would be the voting notification system. I really think they should notify you of all the "yes" votes as well. I have no real compass as to where the story is going. And when I open my U2U box and see 7 no votes for "story" and "bias", its a little like opening the mailbox and getting 7 bills. Sucks. But seeing some "yes" votes in there would be like getting a card in the mail from your grandma with 50 bucks in it on the same day as those 7 bills.

I know what you mean about opening those u2u messages.
It would be nice to get the cards from grandma, because I found all the bills a bit disheartening. Seeing the
votes would be a nice encouragment, and it would give the author a better idea of the statis of their story.

Maybe a mod could bring this up for discussion in their board forum.
It's ideas like yours that make ATS better................

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

[

I know what you mean about opening those u2u messages.
It would be nice to get the cards from grandma, because I found all the bills a bit disheartening. Seeing the
votes would be a nice encouragment, and it would give the author a better idea of the statis of their story.

Maybe a mod could bring this up for discussion in their board forum.
It's ideas like yours that make ATS better................

There will likely be some changes made in that regard (voting) with ATSNN 2.0, which will RAWK.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Good to hear that there's some changes coming.
Any idea when ATSNN 2.0 will be implemented???

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

There will likely be some changes made in that regard (voting) with ATSNN 2.0, which will RAWK.

What is this "ATSNN 2.0" of which you speak? Time frame for release? Curiosity levels peaking as we speak...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
What is this "ATSNN 2.0" of which you speak? Time frame for release? Curiosity levels peaking as we speak...

ATSNN is being revamped. The new submission process is a part of out move toward a news network that is more focused on conspiracy and alternative topics that are in line with ATS topics. There will be other changes, as well, in lots of areas

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Out of all the reporting on rocks, this happens to be my favourite rock:

I call him George. :-)

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nice one! This one is my favorite, though...

[edit on 19-1-2006 by spliff4020]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Not really that fun. Soooooo many people. Sooooooo many people are way too critical!

I have found that reporting is pointless. you spend so much time putting it together and then you get your story voted down by some lazy....

Anyway, don't try this (reporting) at home.

Waste of my time. I have tried it twice. This system is not working out for me.

new topics

top topics

join