It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Aussies around here anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Another Aussie here. Brisbane (yeah, yeah I know what they say; Melbourne, the cultural capital of Oz. Sydney, the glitz and glamour capital. Brisbane, some drunk guy in the Valley)

mod edit: removed inappropriate comment

[edit on 22-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Perth here

Been to Melbourne a couple of times sorry did`nt like it.

Sydney once but breifly so i cant make my mind up on it.Tho spent a day at Byron Bay,saw Rex Hunt and gave him a thumping for giving cold saws to fish.(just joking)

Brisbanewe had a ball,went up and down the coast,well as far as Gympie and then stayed at Noosa and loved it.

Next stop Tassie.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hi fellow Aussies.....

I am originally from the country... a country gal but now live and work in Adelaide.

Go to Melbourne rather a lot... it is ok, although I hate airports!!!!
Is Kennet responsible for the hideous architecture on the freeway from Tullarmarine airport to the tunnel? What the? So much concrete and the tunnel is already leaking! :O Lived in Sydney for about 2 years (Party Party Party); worked in Perth for 3 months.... (more Party Party Party)

I like Adelaide because it is soooooo green, plenty of trees and park lands. Adelaide has the Clipsal 500, The Fringe Festival; Womadelaide
It isnt the Festival State for nothing!! Only takes me 20 mins to get into the city...and 5 mins to work
yippee. Sydney and Melbourne are great but hated the travel time. Up and out the door at 6am to get to work!

Pity the Grand Prix was stolen from SA by the Victorians
... hmm now I am opening up a can a worms!!

oh and we have the best footy team here too... Go the Crows!!!!!

Nat

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Oh, and I also want to go to Japan to teach english, that'd be AWESOME. Shame I don't have any tertiary education, plenty of debts from uni, and no teaching experience.... already tried for a position with AACE (the group that works for NOVA, the english teaching company in Japan), and was denied.

Hello again, just wanted to give U a heads up on your comment here as I am now settled here in Yokosuka Japan
... U don't need the "qualifications" NOVA ask for, I researched it with them too and found they actually stink to go through to pursue this avenue of work out here, pay sucks and I have heard many stories from friends and family who know people personally who have just come here to do it and stacked many dollars getting their foot in themselves, just by selling themselves and didn't even need to speak Japanese to do it (have heard most actually prefer if U don't speak the native language when teaching English, say they learn better and faster if they have to talk to U in English)

I have come across many an ad for training and teachers needed to teach out here, especially classes for kids (at about $25 p/h USD
)

So I know by suggesting just getting here and going from there is not so easy to do but the opportunities are aplenty if it is something U want to do but are unsure of how to go about it. Of course the papers I see these ads in are US MIlitary newspapers and bulletins (my fiance is a US sailor stationed out here) but U have a hook up here if U need one in the next couple of years

On the flip side, I am eager to learn Japanese and am planning to home-tutor myself, wish me luck!

[edit on 27-3-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm from Melbourne but I live in Queensland, ATS is absolutely the best site I have ever had the luck to come across in my trekking across the mostly wasted space of cyberland....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
*bump*

I can hear all the songs...yanno 'up there gazalle'..'pub with no beer'

all I can say is 'what the?'

Did anyone see Rove live this week? Bloody funny...oh bloody isn't an acceptable word in Canada...maybe even in UK...they are 'not happy Jan' with our latest ads...

I am insane...but not Sadam Insane.. ok?

edit = typo lol

[edit on 30-3-2006 by NJE777]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join