It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Aussies around here anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So where are all the australians here nowadays, ey?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Melbourne here

Where are U located ?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
another melbournite?

[edit on 19-1-2006 by riley]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hi ,
Yep,
Im from Melbourne!

There are a few Aussies ......from all over Australia.
helen

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Dunno about the Aussies per se........... looks like the Melbournians have hijacked this thread

Mind you........... Melbourne IS the best city in Australia

D

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, I'll give a voice to the Sydney people.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm From Perth W.A ,You know the city all the way on the other side of the country

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It sure is mulberryblueshimmer

hi everyone

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
yeah well i have to say im from australia

im lived in melbourne last year.

for uni

it is an absolute hole

the farm is heaps better

always will be

mod edit: Do not circumvent the censors

[edit on 20-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54
yeah well i have to say im from australia

im lived in melbourne last year.

for uni

it is an absolute hole

the farm is heaps better

always will be

awww U must have lived in or near Broadmeadows or Sunshine or something

Seriously, whereabouts did U live ? I am sure the farm is much nicer too
I am a lil over it but I am bout to be in Japan

[edit on 20-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Subz is also from melbourne

and eye of ra, ebert and I are from Far Tropical North

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm a melbournite too...
My family has lived in the south-eastern suburbs for decades now (around the area between chadstone, box hill, and waverley gardens), but I had to move to an apartment in west footscray a few months ago for uni... OMFG I HATE THIS PART OF THE CITY! It's SUCH a hole! So many druggies, so much litter, the traffic is awful, it always smells wierd, the weather is worse than in glen waverley, and there's no 24/7 coles anywhere to be seen. At least there's highpoint (heaps of HAWT asian girls everywhere, muhahahahahah), and cheap discount stores for the dole bludgers around here, like community supermarket, a giant op-shop (called 'Savers'), and footscray produce market... oh, and all the cheap vietnamese restaraunts... shame the uni here BLOWS, victoria uni is the worst uni I've ever seen, or had the privilege of going to.

Oh, and I also want to go to Japan to teach english, that'd be AWESOME. Shame I don't have any tertiary education, plenty of debts from uni, and no teaching experience.... already tried for a position with AACE (the group that works for NOVA, the english teaching company in Japan), and was denied.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by nrky]

[edit on 20-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i lived in brunswick, but i have seen it all, it is all bad.

the city is disgusting, and every where else is full of immigrants.

i dont have any thing against ethnic groups, just against people not rasied in australia

and there is too many people to close together, no community.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

i dont have any thing against ethnic groups, just against people not rasied in australia

It's nice to see such wonderful, tolerant and open minded beliefs here in this great country of Australia in 2006. At this point I'd like to say this kind of attitude doesnt flow through to everyone in Melbourne

Happy Australia Day for Thursday everyone

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm from Melbourne too. Maybe we should have an "eyeball".

Nrky,I heard that people in the western suburbs got an extra fridge magnet that tells them what to do in case of toxic explosions, leaks etc. Have you got one? My ex-boilermaker friend keeps telling me that if the Newport power station blew up, it would take out everything in about a 2-3km radius.

He also keeps telling me about workers cottages that cost approx. $40k 10-15 years ago selling for $400k!

Good to see someone from the wild,wild west here. obiwan15, did you see that fireball over Perth last year?

Oh yeah, Tiddly, you did the right thing going back to the farm, the bush needs all the help it can get.

And Melbourne doesn't need any more parochial rednecks. Sheez, why didn't you just say "I'm not racist, but. . ." :bnghd: And fyi, ethnic groups generally consist of people not residing in their country of birth. From dictionary.com:

ethnic:
Being a member of a particular ethnic group, especially belonging to a national group by heritage or culture but residing outside its national boundaries:e.g. ethnic Hungarians living in northern Serbia.

So you sorta contradicted yourself

[edit on 21-1-2006 by fingapointa]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I'm from Sydney, as we all know the oldest and greatest of Australia's city's. Most of my extended family comes from good ole Melbourne, so I spend a bit of time down there.
Everyone in Melbourne though always looks like they are dressed for a funeral.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
He's the kind of people we don't need in the future, in melbourne.
Fortunately for us, however, he's already in the minority.

Oh, and as for the happy ausrtalia day thing, sorry, I don't celebrate the invasion of the koori homeland, thanks.

mod edit: removed inappropriate comment

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
yeah ok ill admit it sounds bad.

it is just an opinion though

i will try and explain

i dont dislike asians because they are asian, or lebs cause they from lebanon.

i dont like the people that were raised under another culture. and i have had a lot of experiance ith them.

it just works better for me if the people i socalise with and the people i work with were sort of raised and brought up in the same society as me.

and as for the city being disgusting, it quite clearly is. there is rubbish every where, fumes and smoke and such, noise, ect ect.

well any way this is just an opinion. every one is entitled to an opinion.

so ill just ask why you, nrky, are allowed to pass jugment on others, and decide what is fair and right, and who is best to live in melbourne.

D

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer

It's nice to see such wonderful, tolerant and open minded beliefs here in this great country of Australia in 2006. At this point I'd like to say this kind of attitude doesnt flow through to everyone in Melbourne

Happy Australia Day for Thursday everyone

Well, we sadly saw tiddly's attitude break loose recently here in Sydney.

But yes, Happy Australia Day for this week. I was in the city yesterday and I saw a sign advertising Australian Day: "Americans only get 2 weeks of annual leave a year" and below in small print "Another reason to celebrate Australia day. There was a similar one along the lines of "There are 13000 people per sq. km in Tokyo" something like that.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
yeah theres enough in my last post i guess

[edit on 22-1-2006 by tiddly54]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join