It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the Atlanteans came from a planet in our own solar system?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind

Originally posted by zorgon
Okay As to Altlantis there are manuscripts hidden in Tibetian lamasaries[sp?] that prove they came from a planet in the solar system. But it wasn't Mars. There was a massive war. Three planets involved... the tektites found in earth deserts are a result of blasts, the atmosphere of Mars stripped away and the third planet disintegrated and became the asteroid belt.

A large piece of the planet passed close to earth and ripped out a chunk of the pacific ocean which became our moon, and caused the ring of fire that we now have. The sun stood still in the heavens for a moment, because of the tug on earth as it was moved slightly further out from the sun into new orbit... global flooding resulted [I like that Noah's Ark was a spaceship idea... never heard it before, but it fits]

On the next orbital pass, the moon and earth plowed thru more of the debris field which is why the moon has craters only on one side. The rest of the debris imoved into what is now the asteroid belt.

There is a lot more , but that ought to stir up the pot a little.

Proof? Do I need it here? Why? No one else has any

Source?

Read T. Lobsang Rampa... there is a very concice description of how it happened and where the scrolls are kept.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by zorgon]

You're joking, right? And... the moon only has craters on one side??
Actually no. Not even close. It's been pounded for years. Craters all over the damn place.
Any impact big enough to knock out the Pacific would, (cough) have completely fried the entire planet. Made it smaller too. And the ring of fire is all to do with Plate Tectonics. No other explanation.

(Walks off muttering)

i agree with darkmind it would not be possible for an astroid to impact the earth at a speed to knock a chunck out of the earth it would have destroyed the earth not just a chunk

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Hi zorgon, I have heard of this as well. Why I believe that Atlantis started out on Mars is because of all of the findings that Government satellites and rovers are finding on Mars.

Cydonia closely resembles structures from Earths ancient past. And now there is another possible skull found on the surface of Mars from one of the NASA's rovers.

External Link to new skull

Evidence is mounting!

No it's not! Again, you have the same problem as mentioned before. In the other posts above. There is no hard evidence of anything at all on Cydonia. No other sites have been spotted on the planet. Mars is too small, arid and lacking in O2 to spawn human life. The fossil record states categorically that we evolved on Earth.

darkmind im not dis agreeing with u but it is possible for people to adapt to the o2 levels and even maybe its possible that mars had the o2 levels that we do now and over time it dissipaded theres a theory for u

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by encinoman
i agree with darkmind it would not be possible for an astroid to impact the earth at a speed to knock a chunck out of the earth it would have destroyed the earth not just a chunk

Now I'm not saying that this happened, but it is possible that the asteroid belt is made of of pieces of another planet that did hit the Earth and broke into lots of pieces that is now our asteroid belt.

That is also one theory of how our moon was created.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Now I'm not saying that this happened, but it is possible that the asteroid belt is made of of pieces of another planet that did hit the Earth and broke into lots of pieces that is now our asteroid belt.

yes i agree with that but i do not think that the moon was once part of the earth

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

yes i agree with that but i do not think that the moon was once part of the earth

They examined the moon rocks brought back by the Apollo astronauts and discovered that it was made up of rocks identical in composition to our mantle.
The problem with the theory that the moon was created in another part of the solar system it that it ignores the specific composition of the rocks that make up the moon. In addition, you have a very tricky orbital problem to work out. The moon is very large - it would take a massive amount of luck for it to wander up and get easily captured by the Earth. You're talking about orbital velocities here. It might either skip off somewhere else, or would hit the Earth. The chances of it just settling into orbit are tiny.
The mars-sized bolide impact theory works. It's been modelled. It fits the facts.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hey stari this is a really interesting post!

i had a thought maybe all of the civilizations round the mediterranean were once the same and they all live in the mediterranean basin when it was free of water i believe this may of been called the "osirian empire", this could be the civilization that went to war with atlantis.

all of there gods and myths seem to similar to be coincidence, they may have all fled outwards to the highlands where they developed into individual civilizations forgetting there roots but remembering there gods. the egyptians refer to zep tepi (first time) as the age when the gods lived among men this may be the time when gods/aliens (im in no position to say) helped man to become enlightened or something.

also im pretty sure in the Rama-Ravana war the rama empire goes to war with atlantis in a pretty futuristic sounding war, and im pretty sure this is part of hindu literature which they believe to the word, just thought you might be interested in reading it i have and its quite good!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hi zorgon, I have heard of this as well. Why I believe that Atlantis started out on Mars is because of all of the findings that Government satellites and rovers are finding on Mars.

Cydonia closely resembles structures from Earths ancient past. And now there is another possible skull found on the surface of Mars from one of the NASA's rovers.

External Link to new skull

Evidence is mounting!

The problem is that the gravity on Mars is too weak to hold an atmosphere, it's too cold (solid core, not a molten one), the air is too thin, and it's cold enough to freeze the carbon dioxide out of the air (make dry ice... something that doesn't happen here on Earth because it's too warm.)

If you terraformed it, you'd still have the same problems -- not enough heat from the sun, atmosphere leaking rapidly away, and little gravity. Anything that lived there for many generations would strangle in Earth's atmosphere. It couldn't stand up, either, and its skeletal structure would collapse and break under the gravity of Earth.

There are lots of rocks that when seen from one angle look like skulls. That really isn't a skull.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
mars may have had an atmosphere like earths in this book i read by Graham Hancock (mars maystery) theres 3 huge craters each one a planet kiler on its own and these may have hit mars and basically obliterated it, further proof of this is the Hellas canyon which may have occured when the force traveled through the core of the planet and ejected it into space. scientists couldnt pin point exactly what time these occoured so it could be 20,000 years it could be 20 million years
(personally i think 20,000 as it would explain alot of these myths and legends!)

if there was any life forms there i doubt they lived on the red planet we know of but if there planet was going to be destroyed and they had forwarning of it they may have escaped to earth.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110

mars may have had an atmosphere like earths in this book i read by Graham Hancock (mars maystery) theres 3 huge craters each one a planet kiler on its own and these may have hit mars and basically obliterated it, further proof of this is the Hellas canyon which may have occured when the force traveled through the core of the planet and ejected it into space. scientists couldnt pin point exactly what time these occoured so it could be 20,000 years it could be 20 million years
(personally i think 20,000 as it would explain alot of these myths and legends!)

if there was any life forms there i doubt they lived on the red planet we know of but if there planet was going to be destroyed and they had forwarning of it they may have escaped to earth.

I suppose it's possible that Mars was once very different, prior to the impact you speak of.

But what is certainly not possible is that such an impact occured only 20,000 years ago. Mars would not have had nearly enough time since then to arrive at it's present known state. It's extremely unlikely that Mars would already have even coalesced back into planetary form, after being impacted in a way that would almost certainly have liquified much of the planet, interior and exterior. Let's not forget, as far as we can tell, volcanism is dead on Mars. 20,000 years is absolutely not long enough for that to have occurred.

The Hellas crater may well be the result of an impact that was powerful enough to create the Tharsis Bulge on the other side of the planet, but it's the Tharsis Bulge, not the Tharsis "hole where there used to be more mass before it was blown away 20,000 years ago."

Some info on the Tharsis bulge and possible relationship with the Hellas crater:

One of the theories put forward by Joe Kolecki to explain the formation of volcanoes on Mars was that of the meteor impact theory. It goes something like this: some of the volcanoes on Mars can be explained if we consider that a meteor had crashed into the planet at some point. The force of such an impact would reverberate through the planet and force volcanoes to 'bulge' out on the other side.

...On investigating Helles and Tharsis further we found that Tharsis was not actually on the point 180° from Helles as one would have expected if assuming meteor theory was correct. We questioned as to why this was not the case and figured that if Mars had a molten core, like the Earth's, then the energy waves that would have been given out by the impact would pass through this core and be refracted, thus changing the angle at which they would leave the core. This would result in the energy waves surfacing at a point not 180° away from the point of impact (see Fig. 1). This line of reasoning would then explain as to why Helles and Tharsis are where they are on Mars.

...These values that we calculated showed that the energy required to melt a mass the size of Tharsis would be produced by a meteor impact of the size of the diameter of the Helles.
Source
Real calculations avaliable on that page.

Dating the Hellas crater:

Detailed analyses of the SNC meteorites made it clear that not long after Mars accreted into a world, its interior was already hot and had differentiated into a nickel-iron core, mantle, and crust. Much of the heat at this stage must have come from the energy of the impacts themselves. Thus, Martian volcanism began early. During late Noachian and early Hesperian times, melted rock (magma) began to reach the surface. Extensive ridged plains were laid down in areas of the southern hemisphere; the so-called highland paterae also emerged, of which four are located near the Hellas basin and probably were formed in relation to deep-seated fractures produced during the impact that formed it.
My emphases.
Source
You see, some of the impacts on Mars, and even some of the volcanic activities there, have resulted in the ejection of some Martian material into space, and some of that material has actually fallen here on Earth. This, I think, is what the author refers to when he says the "SNC meteorites." These, in turn, give us at least some data on what Mars was like in it's infancy.
Remember that Martian meteorite that supposedly had possible signs of ancient fossilized bacteria in it a few years back? It was found in Antarctica.

We see from the above that the Hellas Crater, by the best estimates, predates the chronological boundary between the Noachian and Hesperian periods of Mars' geohistory. So, when were the Noachian and Hesperian periods?

Since we are trying to unravel the history of Mars we are always mentioning dates in the past when we think certain events ocurred. It is helpful, therefore, to note a few terms that photo-geologists use when talking about Mars. The first period of martian history ("morning" if you will) is called the Noachian period -- Noachis happens to be a good example of (ancient cratered highland) terrain that dates back to that time of heavy asteroidal bombardment (about 4.3 billion years ago to 3.5 billion years). The second period of martian history ("afternoon") is called the Hesperian period, the period after the heavy bombardment had tapered off. Hesperia Planitia is, naturally, a good example of (plains) terrain that dates back to that time (about 3.5 billion years to 1.8 billion years). The third period ("evening") is called Amazonian -- obviously, Amazonia Planitia is the type example of the (least cratered volcanic) plains that typify the last billion and a half years of martian history.
Again, my emphases.
Source

So, by the best estimates we have, the Hellas crater is at least 3.5 billion years old.
So, where did you get 20 million?

Regarding Hancock, it is just a complete waste of your time to read anything the man ever wrote. Unless, that is, you read it as fiction (which is what it actually is.) Of course, it's fun to read it and speculate. But another term for Science Fiction is Speculative Fiction.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have done enough research to know that Atlantis really did exist around 10,500 years ago. I believe that they were around for hundreds of thousands of years. They came from a very well known planet with in our Solar System, Mars. I have images that I have collected from NASA’s public image archive that show the remnants of a civilization that once lived on Mars. I also have an image of a hieroglyph on a stone that was found on Mars. A hieroglyph means that after the Atlanteans were forced to leave Mars and settle here on Earth that they spread their knowledge to the people that where here, the people we know call the Egyptians.

Unfortunately Mars isn't a viable place for life to develop. Not unless it likes breathing very thin carbon dioxide, can live in a low-pressure environment and doesn't need much water. I'm not saying that the above is impossible, but it does mean that the Earth would not be a very nice place for them to live. The other thing is that any life form that develops on another planet would not look like us, the human race. It would start off from a different base of species and develop different charecteristics as it evolved. (And by the way, the human body is not a perfect bipedal form. The stomach is wired up as an awkward compromise for a something that started off horizontal and ended up vertical, and an awful lot of stuff to do with out noses and mouths drains into the lungs and not out of us, making us prone to lung infections.)

Not gonna rip you too much but... we only have a limited knowlege of where and how life comes about, mars has been very different in its past, look up the mars bulge, some out-there scientists believe that a vast comet/asteroid (perhaps even our moon) hit mars causing the loss of atmosphere and devestaion of life, infact some scientists say mars would have been a more stable enviroment for life to develop. Though im not so sure atlantis was e.t. origin, though they might have been in contact with em!

I did like the begining of "Alien vs Preditor" it fits nicely with the theroy of antartica being the lost civilisation. I quite like the orange peel effect theory wich einstien backed!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
I too think Atlantean's came from another planet. But, I'm not going to point to a specific planet, because I'm not sure which.
I theorize that their planet was called Atlantis, or something similar, and that their journey to Earth was an effort to save their people/culture.
I believe they arrived here around 11,000 - 10,000 BCE. This coincides with most modern scholars views of a tech-boom among humans.
Since the ship/craft they came in would be a "lifeboat" of sorts, there would be limited space. The people they brought would be scientists and such. They spread their knowledge as they could, but as they died out, the more primitive people that they were trying to tutor could only do so much, with this knowledge.
But, it did inspire legends that have similar tones, in most every civilization on the globe at that time.

Just my 2 cents,
Lex

Im big into my atlantis myths and all that jazz but if an alien species capable of interstella travel perhaps survivors of a global catastrophy on thier home world
are surley gonna be able to either avoid or predict an apocolyptic event!?

im not saying that the atlanteans wernt in contact with ets! i mean who knows! theres no real mention of ets in the legends!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So, can you please educate me on Atlantians actually existing?

I'm not sure what information you are asking for. If you do not know the story of Atlantis then you may wish to do a search on Plato critias and timaous.

If Atlanteans showed up here on Earth 10,000 years ago then they would not have had time to build the grand civilization that Plato speaks of before the sinking of their main city.

dude your signiture- venus is the only planet that rotaes clock wise - surely that depends on where your viewing it! lol

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeea

Originally posted by voodoo child
if there were atlantians and they did spread there knowledge all that time ago, then i think we would be much more advanced then we are now.

like if they can travel between planets all that time ago, how come we can't now?

If something happened now, like a flood, could you make a cell phone? Or even a pizza? Knowledge was lost, thats what the pyramids were supposedly for ( accoring to the book of enoch ) to store books with infomation to get us back on track. Its like we start over after every cataclysim.

Im liking your theory- nice use of enoch. The Pyramids (of giza) are a puzzle left for us to solve, the south american prymids are even more of an enigma!
the mayan language looks live it has been created and not developed due to it only incorporating 1 algorthym, and if this bosnian hill turns out to be a pyrimid then the alternate take on history may finally get taken seriously by all!

have a look at creation myths and flood myths round the world! the tree of life (or something similar) is found in most myths,
symbolism has always been used and thats what atlantis is, a symbol/story of our forgotten past!

but what greatly intrigues me is how all civillisations attribute thier knowledege to someone else be it virrocha, god, annuki, nephillim, the romans, the greeks, the atlanteans etc etc

as my Granny always said there is a grain of truth in all tales no matter how talll they are!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
some theories claim the arck of noah was a space ship. might be noah left mars and went to earth.

This is a nice theory, ive always like the idea of an ark travelling through space with our ancestors in it,

scientest have discorved that we all are decended from the same tribe as our genetic make up is so similar! so perhaps a rag-tag fleet did first colonise us (BSG 1980- what a laugh!)

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
that he got his information from the Egyptians. He was given these stories on trips to the Library of Alexandria, if I recall correctly....

Dude have you ever read the Egyptian Book of life? I read it sometime last year, it begins with the destruction of atlantis and how four tribes (thou i think there may have been 5!) escaped one to Europe, one to Africa, one to the middle east and one to Egypt!

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Chris the watcher]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chris the watcher
Not gonna rip you too much but... we only have a limited knowlege of where and how life comes about, mars has been very different in its past, look up the mars bulge, some out-there scientists believe that a vast comet/asteroid (perhaps even our moon) hit mars causing the loss of atmosphere and devestaion of life, infact some scientists say mars would have been a more stable enviroment for life to develop. Though im not so sure atlantis was e.t. origin, though they might have been in contact with em!

Yes, but what I am saying is that there is no way that life on Mars could have evolved into something like us, stepped across the distance between the stars and then beaten up the Neandarthals, before going on living on this planet. Everything in our physiology points to our having evolved from small scuttling hairy thing to Homo Sapiens.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
i totally agree with you,

i think we have come from this planet too, all im saying is it is quite possible something could have evolved there, mabye advanced,
mabye they came along messed about with us Arthur C. Clarke stylie,

or perhaps the cataclysm effected the atlanteans somehow aswell!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110
mars may have had an atmosphere like earths in this book i read by Graham Hancock (mars maystery) theres 3 huge craters each one a planet kiler on its own and these may have hit mars and basically obliterated it,

Before buying TOO heavily into Mr. Hancocks ideas (some of which he now rejects, by the way), you might want to do a bit of reading on what happened when the huge asteroids hit Earth.

An asteroid that was a "planet killer" is going to shatter a planet completely... unless it hits (as the scientists suggest) when the planet is still basically a molten ball of lava. And if it's a molten ball of lava, you wouldn't have any lifeforms there.

further proof of this is the Hellas canyon which may have occured when the force traveled through the core of the planet and ejected it into space.

Again, Hancock shows that he just "thought of a solution" and didn't actually bother to study astronomy or geology. When BIG asteroids hit a planet (Earth), what you get on the opposite side is not cracks, but rather a huge volcano and a lot of lava and this lasts for a very long time (millions of years here on Earth.)

While his "answers" are entertaining, they're just things he made up without doing a lot of reading on the subject (he avoids things like papers on planetary physics because it's got hard math... and he goes for debunked writers like Velikovsky and Von Danniken (who got caught making up a lot of evidence.)

The New Scientist always has good and entertaining articles on space science and discoveries. I recommend reading that website and filing Hancock on the "fiction" shelf. It's a fun read, but is about as real as "Alice in wonderland."

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I dont know if this is an idea for a new thread...

but,

Im a big Graham Hancock(icke, von dankien etc) Fan.. But... i do take his/their theory's with a pinch of salt! (or a handful in some case's)

my question is,

Why so many of us take to reading these "out there" books/theories?

Why are their idea's so attractive to so many of us?!

and what are we suposed to do? cos most of us (especially on here) are hear to discuss these "out there" idea's, moderators/members are moaning about the retelling of already known or debunked idea's (which i think is absoulutley idiotic- surely they is a continuing legion of new members each month with NO prior knowlegde of this site or great deal of understanding in the "out there" field" ! The orthodox historians answers do not alway's satisfy us! And niether do the un- orthodox as evidence is can never be truely given (back using faith again!)

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris the watcher
...Im a big Graham Hancock(icke, von dankien etc) Fan.. But... i do take his/their theory's with a pinch of salt! (or a handful in some case's)
my question is, Why so many of us take to reading these "out there" books/theories?
Why are their idea's so attractive to so many of us?!

I've enjoyed a lot of pseudoscientific works myself. I would have enjoyed them more if I'd known at the time that they were pseudoscientific.

Look, all these books are interesting as all get out. That's why we're drawn to them, that's why we buy them and that's why more come out every year - publishers aren't idiots.

Originally posted by Chris the watcherand what are we suposed to do? cos most of us (especially on here) are hear to discuss these "out there" idea's, moderators/members are moaning about the retelling of already known or debunked idea's (which i think is absoulutley idiotic- surely they is a continuing legion of new members each month with NO prior knowlegde of this site or great deal of understanding in the "out there" field" !

I suggest using the "search" function or at least looking back through all the thread titles in this section. Those old threads have a lot of info in them. If there's something missing from one of them and you need clarification, you can always post in the old thread, which will make it new again. Even if you don't need clarification, old threads can be easily resurrected by posting in them. Look at the "Ancient India..." thread. It was dormant for a year.

Also, at the top of the list in this section are some "sticky" threads that have links to a bunch of threads here concerning these subjects. Look through them as well.

Maybe we should have a "Debunked Theories" sticky. Mods?

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join