It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the Atlanteans came from a planet in our own solar system?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Your theory is quite possible.

While Plato tells the Atlantis story from the Mediterranean legends, there is a corroborating legend from the American side of the Atlanti-c Ocean.

Cherokee (Tsalagi Aniyunwiya) tribal legend states:

In The Long, Long Ago, The People From The Stars Came To Elohimona, The Land Of Atlantis...

I see three possibilities.

1. Our Ancestors were making it all up (hey, we moderns wrote Star Trek, didn't we?).
  2. Our Ancestors had colonies in the Solar System. War and/or natural disasters kicked us back to the Stone Age.
  3. Our Ancestors were interstellar colonists- or the servants of the Colonists.

To sum up, Cherokee legend claims that the Cherokee People are Atlanteans, and that their origin was from Among The Stars.

Chakotay,

I've been trying to look into the numerous claims about the N. American tribes having legends like these. Can you direct me to a webpage where I can read these legends?

Harte

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Stari,
You are right, I shouldn't be so curt, I suppose. But these things have been covered here before, try the search function.

Please limit your use of the word "prove" to when you actually mean prove. Try using the phrase "evidence of" or something.

Now, let me apologize. Also, you should admit that about fifteen or twenty minutes on Google will turn up these articles you've "found over the years." No research is necessary. The real work is digging into these bogus reports and finding out if they are real or hoaxes.
Also, please relate what is so earth-shattering about a couple of skulls being misdated?

Are you of the opinion that someone is "covering up" some find that was made there?

I cannot believe that you can't find at least some reports of the "lost city" found off Cuba. Did you try googling "sunken city Cuba"?
Here, let me give you a leg up:

Sunken Cuban City Google Search

That particular wording for the search returned a mere 47,200 website hits.

Harte

Well Harte let's start off by saying I did a search for Mars atlantis on this board. Nothing came up that was relevant to my topic.

And doesn't proof mean evidence? evidence would be proof.. hmm maybe i'm going out on a limb on that one.. look up proof on dictionary.com.

And let me apologize.. what EVIDENCE might you have that the skulls were misdated? And if you are going to state something about carbon testing .. dont bother.. i dont believe that is an accurate way to date. Carbon can change in our atmosphere and in our air daily.. say a volcano erupts.. it changes the carbon around that area.

I dont believe anyone is covering anything up in Cuba. I just dont think it holds enough importance to the Cubans ... they are paying her to find gold and silver.. not blocks of rock that was possibly once a city.

When I do my research I look for reputable sites, like news sites or sites where people has actual EVIDENCE. Not someones theory on the findings. Yes I am sure you can find thousands of sites when you google it.. But I mostly look at CNN, Reuters those kinds of sites.

Star

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Almost every time I read of a find that is not able to be fit into our textbooks timeline, and would upset all the theories, it is killed.
Sorry that was not clear. Is there more you can share? Was Bimini part of it?

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

I totally agree with you on the timeline.
Yes I do believe that Bimini was part of Atlantis. It was their harbor. The greater and lessor antilles was the main city and south america was the continent. Ok Harte.. I know your gonna go off on that one. But that is what I believe.. why? It states in Plato's works that all that is left is a ring of islands. That would be the greater and lessor antilles. If you look at satilite images you can see that it was once all connected to south america. actually if you look at the whole east coast of north and south america you can tell that once there was more land than what there is now.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Any race that could get to earth even from Mars at that time could also easily appear godlike to earlier humans with their technology

That is true Shadow.. ancient myths speak of gods from the skies.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Any race that could get to earth even from Mars at that time could also easily appear godlike to earlier humans with their technology

That is true Shadow.. ancient myths speak of gods from the skies.

Yes, but not necessarily from Mars. And there is still no evidence of basic single-celled life on Mars, let alone advanced life forms. If there was, where did they live? Where is the evidence of their civilization on the surface of the planet? Like I said earlier, Cydonia is a busted flush. And wouldn't there be other cities on the face of the planet? Ports? Spaceports? Bridges? Even old towns and villages? We've seen nothing on Mars so far.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
it's like this. The skulls show nothing about Atlantis. The dildo in Germany shows nothing of Atlantis. The lady in Cuba has reported nothing of Atlantis.

Remember, I'm keeping an open mind. In fact, I'd love the romantic tales of Atlantis to be true, and have wondered often where such a place could be on our planet. The closes you've come up with is South America, and I hope I'm not assuming, but pretty much as a whole with the Great and Lessers being the 'rings'.

Now, let me lead this a bit further. This would mean that trade or war... or both, would be easily possible amonst the Atlantians and the Inca/Aztecs/other S.A. Tribes and Cultures... AND with their northern brethern in North America. Sioux, Creek, and other Native Tribes. Oh, not to mention the actual inhabitants of the Islands. After all, if the Atlantians CAME here, then another group native to the islands would have already been in place.

Now, using the entire Western Hemisphere, show me and recorded actions of trade, diplomacy, or war with the Atlantians and their closest and nearest neighbors.

It is quiet fishy that Spartans would be the enemy and have the records when they were tiny at the time... and such great wealth and resources could be found right next door. If such proof of the Spartan engagements occured, you would expect (or at least I do) such records to be with in the Western world.

Now, stated earlier was a Native American's tribe to being the Atlantians. Very interesting. If this were true (though only oral tradition backs it up) that would mean that Atlantis couldn't be as described to Plato.

Like I said, I'm looking to be educated here. Before we should even consider which planet such a group came from, we should first establish that they were here. If I'm just speaking muttered garbage, feel free to blast it away with proof and facts and sources. I'd be most obliged.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here are some images from Mars of odd objects. Well one is a possible wall, definately not natural forming. And the second image is of mechanical possibly, reason is look at the holes and the groove on one end.

Please give your comments about these images.

Thanks
Star

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And doesn't proof mean evidence? evidence would be proof.. hmm maybe i'm going out on a limb on that one.. look up proof on dictionary.com.

And let me apologize.. what EVIDENCE might you have that the skulls were misdated? And if you are going to state something about carbon testing .. dont bother.. i dont believe that is an accurate way to date. Carbon can change in our atmosphere and in our air daily.. say a volcano erupts.. it changes the carbon around that area.

Stari,
Evidence means an indication that some particular idea or theory might be true. Proof means that it is indisputably true. I know, I know, it's common usage might be that the word "proof" is used to indicate "evidence" of something. But I think that when making wild claims, one must be a stickler about using the word "proof."
Remember, "proof" proves something. "Evidence" only indicates something. The difference is extremely important. Just ask O.J. Simpson.

As far as evidence of the misdating of the two skulls, that was the subject of the article itself. You know, the one you linked to. It was about the discovery that a couple of skulls had been misdated. I myself don't personally have any evidence of this, only what you have provided, but the BBC article you linked to said that, while the skulls had previously been dated to 130,000 years old (in 1967), they have recently been re-dated to about 195,000 years old. That's not exactly earthshaking, as the article itself indicates. It says there:

It puts the specimens close to the time expected for the evolutionary emergence of our species. Genetic studies have indicated Homo sapiens arose in East Africa - possibly Ethiopia or Tanzania - just over 200,000 years ago.
(Quoted directly from your linked-to BBC story - my emphasis)

My point being that this new date is not revolutionary, we already knew humans were that old (if not older.)

I dont believe anyone is covering anything up in Cuba. I just dont think it holds enough importance to the Cubans ... they are paying her to find gold and silver.. not blocks of rock that was possibly once a city.

Paulina Zelitsky's company (she's co-owner with her husband - A.D.C. Advanced Digital Communications is their company, based originally out of Canada,) was working under contract collecting ocean temperatures for a global warming study when they found their supposed "lost city."

Since then, ADC has been contracted by National Geographic, as well as the Havana Museum of Natural History. They are certainly not solely "looking for gold and silver" (though, come to think of it, I certainly would.) My guess is they can't find funding because it's extremely expensive to conduct archaeology underwater, especially at that depth.
Here's a link to a web page with the photos she took, for anyone out there that doesn't know what this is about.

www.freerepublic.com...

Here's a link to the National Geographic story that's referenced in that site (and maybe referenced around here somewhere too.)
news.nationalgeographic.com... ities.html

Originally posted by StariWhen I do my research I look for reputable sites, like news sites or sites where people has actual EVIDENCE. Not someones theory on the findings. Yes I am sure you can find thousands of sites when you google it.. But I mostly look at CNN, Reuters those kinds of sites.
Star

That is certainly commendable, at least you don't hang out at crystal links trying to find out the latest on the reptilian shapeshifters, right?

If you insert the "CNN" or "Reuters" into your google search terms, you might find these articles in less time, and with more thoroughness.

Harte

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The picture of the surface of Mars, where again is any non natural formed wall?

And the possible machine?

Looks entirely like sweeping dunes, like you would see on any sandy beach out in San Diego. Black rocks, but that could be due to the camera. What's the detail on this thing? Are those 10 foot holes or 100 foot holes... or perhaps 1,000 foot holes? That would help alot with things.

Now, I've seen pics that look like objects on the surface, but I have to say this looks very Plain Jane.

By the way, what does the surface of Mars have to do with answering any of my questions that I placed to you? Does this somehow change the written and oral record of all of South America in reference to the Atlantians?

Perhaps, in a matter of clarity, we should cover one topic before going to the next. Just so those playing at home can follow along and not get lost without bread crumbs.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
By the way, what does the surface of Mars have to do with answering any of my questions that I placed to you? Does this somehow change the written and oral record of all of South America in reference to the Atlantians?

Perhaps, in a matter of clarity, we should cover one topic before going to the next. Just so those playing at home can follow along and not get lost without bread crumbs.

It has to do with the topic, "Is it possible that the Atlanteans came from a planet in our own solar system?"

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
im sorry.....but i have no clue about Atlanteans......all i know is about the Atlanteans that i learned from T.V couple days ago on the Discovery Channel.....and it seemed interesting....but you guys are talking like Atlanteans were here earlier then humans been on Earth....and if you believe so.....i can prove you wrong

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yes, but not necessarily from Mars. And there is still no evidence of basic single-celled life on Mars, let alone advanced life forms.

Suposedly under rock. Check enterprise mission for infared scans of the surface. Looks like manhatten. According to Ickes and the montauk people we came from mars. Even maybe stitchen. Marduk=mars?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Stari, call me Mr Cynical, but that second picture looks decidedly fishy. The object looks as if someone has either enhanced it or inserted it. It certainly does not look right. And the first picture looks a bit like a dune. I really can't see a wall there.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
My opinion is the 'Atlantean' stuff has gotten a rep for being a technological marvel....which at the time of plato it might of been, yet his descriptions are of a bronze age civilization.....I think this reputation atlantis has been getting from shows like stargate etc.I dont think they were anything more than a bronze age civilization which because of natural disasters vanished. There are probably countless civilizations buried we have no clue about and may never.

Now that being said, Do I think the human race is a lost colony itself....it's possible....There are things in history that give rise to the idea that perhaps we are from somewhere else in the stars.....one day centuries from now we may find that we ourselves are the atlanits of the stars....or perhaps the opposite, that long ago we were much more advanced and groups left our planet and went elsewhere. Think about the advancement we had from 100-200-500 years ago. I think its entirely possible that sometime thousands of years ago there was a very advanced(our level or higher that left and went elsewhere) only problem is in either scenario, where is the technology? surely something would of been left behind.....

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'd love to find proof personally of the existence of Atlantis and I do beleive that mankinds origins are from Mars, but little pice of evidence/fact that no-one here has mentioned or spoken of is this.... if the Atlanteans did originate from Mars, then surely there would have been a large mother-ship to transport the survivors down to Earth would there not or at least a whole fleet of ships to bring them all here?

Now, with our advance technology and our ability to see infra-red and find metallic objects below the eartch and the like, don't you think that is some of our advanced satellites did an advanced sweep of the earth that they would pick up a large mothership or a fleet of ships in the one area below the earths surface.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOZAK
if the Atlanteans did originate from Mars, then surely there would have been a large mother-ship to transport the survivors down to Earth would there not or at least a whole fleet of ships to bring them all here?

Now, with our advance technology and our ability to see infra-red and find metallic objects below the eartch and the like, don't you think that is some of our advanced satellites did an advanced sweep of the earth that they would pick up a large mothership or a fleet of ships in the one area below the earths surface.

What do you think?

That is a very good question. I do not think that the demise of their planet (Mars) came on all at once and to their surprise.. I believe that they had time to evacuate everyone.. let's remember they were advance enough to make here to Earth so they had to know what was happening in time to evacuate.

I do not know a lot about metals.. but dont they disintigrate over large amounts of time? Not only that.. people would have disassembled any craft to make use of the metals and componants, remember they were building from scratch once they reached here.

Does anyone know about metal and if it disintergrates and how long it would take?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Re-Posted, in case Stari didn't see it.

Okay,

it's like this. The skulls show nothing about Atlantis. The dildo in Germany shows nothing of Atlantis. The lady in Cuba has reported nothing of Atlantis.

Remember, I'm keeping an open mind. In fact, I'd love the romantic tales of Atlantis to be true, and have wondered often where such a place could be on our planet. The closes you've come up with is South America, and I hope I'm not assuming, but pretty much as a whole with the Great and Lessers being the 'rings'.

Now, let me lead this a bit further. This would mean that trade or war... or both, would be easily possible amonst the Atlantians and the Inca/Aztecs/other S.A. Tribes and Cultures... AND with their northern brethern in North America. Sioux, Creek, and other Native Tribes. Oh, not to mention the actual inhabitants of the Islands. After all, if the Atlantians CAME here, then another group native to the islands would have already been in place.

Now, using the entire Western Hemisphere, show me and recorded actions of trade, diplomacy, or war with the Atlantians and their closest and nearest neighbors.

It is quiet fishy that Spartans would be the enemy and have the records when they were tiny at the time... and such great wealth and resources could be found right next door. If such proof of the Spartan engagements occured, you would expect (or at least I do) such records to be with in the Western world.

Now, stated earlier was a Native American's tribe to being the Atlantians. Very interesting. If this were true (though only oral tradition backs it up) that would mean that Atlantis couldn't be as described to Plato.

Like I said, I'm looking to be educated here. Before we should even consider which planet such a group came from, we should first establish that they were here. If I'm just speaking muttered garbage, feel free to blast it away with proof and facts and sources. I'd be most obliged.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi BradKellBrrexkl,

I did miss your post.. I’m very sorry for that. I believe that the evidence is out there showing that intelligent life forms have been on this planet for a long time. The modern human skulls show that modern humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years.. Possibly longer. And the ancient phallus was made approximately 28,000 years ago.. According to scientists we had just learned how to make fire a few thousand years prior.

Now scientists say that Mars has been with out water for millions of years.. Well that is just a guess on their part it has not been proven, at least not to my knowledge. I am in no way an expert, I am fascinated by all of this stuff and I am constantly trying to boost my knowledge of anything that could help solve the puzzle of humanities beginnings. That is why I have been researching this subject for a long time now. But I do have a day job

You said that Paula Z. has not reported anything about Atlantis. I would assume that is because she has not been back to the area for more research or I have read a lot how when scientists even mention the word Atlantis then they are no longer taken seriously. As far as why she has not said “Atlantis” is unknown to me.

Your talking about the Atlanteans trading with the Incas and the Mayans, that could not have been possible for the Atlanteans lived way before them. They are possibly descendants of the Atlanteans, I’m not saying they are.. I am only saying it is possible.

Have I left anything out? I am sorry I missed your post earlier.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Now scientists say that Mars has been with out water for millions of years.. Well that is just a guess on their part it has not been proven, at least not to my knowledge. I am in no way an expert, I am fascinated by all of this stuff and I am constantly trying to boost my knowledge of anything that could help solve the puzzle of humanities beginnings. That is why I have been researching this subject for a long time now. But I do have a day job

Astronomers and geologists have been looking at Mars for some time, especially thanks to the Mars Rovers missions which are, believe it or not, still going. The fact is that Mars is smaller than Earth, it's atmosphere is far thinner, and that geologically it's a bit dead. Olympus Mons, the largest volcano in the solar system, is either extinct or very very dormant. They can tell by the number of craters on its slopes, showing that there has not been any eruptive material ejected from the volcano for millions of years. The craters also prove that there hasn't been any rain there for millions of years. We know there's water there, but it's frozen hard and covered by dust. So yes, a guess, but based on the evidence, a very plausible guess. Secondly, and I'd like to borrow a bullhorn here, there is no evidence that the Atlanteans a) existed and b) came from another planet!

We're talking about another world, different evolutionary pressures so therefore fat chance of them looking like us, no evidence of any structures indicating a long-lived civilisation, and the fact that only one author ever mentions them. Oh and no proof that Homo Sapiens evolved anywhere other than Africa.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was suggestion the people of that Region. I am sure some small tribes, that later grew and became the Great South American tribes. People were there, grouped. In large enough civilazations as to demand trade and war. If a new Colony came and took a large portion of land... and even more so PROSPERED, some one would have knocked on a door and asked questions.

I'm not sure when the Inca's and Mayan's and others 'formed' or what not. But I wouldn't find it hard at all to believe it was at the same time that Rome and Greece and Phonecians and others were beginning to thrive.

Pretty much, some one over here on the Western Hemisphere would have ran into the Atlantiens. This knowledge would have been passed down.

Now, I'm not saying this knowledge isn't out there, merely that I am not aware of it. If you have things that can show this, through your years of study, then I would be greatly interested and it would help bolster the claim of Atlanteans in the first place... while perhaps giving a clue to where they origanally came from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join