It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the Atlanteans came from a planet in our own solar system?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
until there is concrete proof that Yonaguni is manmade, please don't use it

if you do have concrete proof, please display it here

First off, and not too be mean, but I can use anything I want here. I already provided some source links. Can you provide source links showing that those kinds of angles and rocks are naturally occurring? If you can I would really be interested in reading it.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

out of what are essentially mountains

think again
its not even 1/3 of a mile wide at its widest point
and its about 15 m high at its highest point
there are bigger trainsets

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Can you provide source links showing that those kinds of angles and rocks are naturally occurring? If you can I would really be interested in reading it.

Try picking up any standard geology textbook.

Here's an admittedly poor example from Dartmoor, but I'm sure you get the idea. Imagine this 10 times bigger, remove the grass, smooth off some of the angles with wave action and put it 100ft underwater -

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
...Here's an admittedly poor example from Dartmoor, but I'm sure you get the idea. Imagine this 10 times bigger, remove the grass, smooth off some of the angles with wave action and put it 100ft underwater -

Essan,

You tryin to fool us? Everybody knows that's a picture of the famous "Stairway to the Alien Launchpad" at Dartmoor. Sheesh, man, didn't vonDaniken cover that one?

Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dnt mean to sound or come across as a racist,dumbass or nothn but why is it that Asian (Chinese,Japanese,S/N Koreans,Siberians) people have different shaped eyes?, they are also in stereotypically seen as being very clever and significantly smaller, if nothing else does this not hint to them possibly being another species?

I have heard that when India collided with Asia millions of years ago that it caused a massive rise in the land turning the landscape into the mountainous region it is today, thus leaving the otherside of Asia to evolve in a different way.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
www.answers.com...
homo sapiens sapiens has been evolving for at the most 250,000 years.
it is unaffected by geology that occurred millions of years ago and i think if you check you'll find that India is actually in Asia

and stereotypes are rarely uniform

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You tryin to fool us? Everybody knows that's a picture of the famous "Stairway to the Alien Launchpad" at Dartmoor. Sheesh, man, didn't vonDaniken cover that one

actually its the capstone for the dartmoor pyramid

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Where did you get your information? I have heard about a planet called Maleki. If you remove the vowels you are left with the consonants MLK. Believe it or not I think they had something to do with Martin Luther King. I have to omit all the other things I've heard. Could be disinformation for all I know and I don't want to be a disinfo agent if in fact that is the case.

Originally posted by Valorian
I belong to a strain of thought that may be laughed at or ridiculed by the not-so-mentally adventurous...

The European race/culture were what we call Atlanteans from the planet Vulcan which is not so disimilar to what we see on Startrek and co...

The African race/culture were actually the original peoples of Earth/Ea/Gia
who were eventually used by ancient cultures to do there bidding with mining etc - possibly used by the ANUNNAKI to mine gold and minerals

The Oriental race/culture were actually from a planet named Nippon which is a word still used today in their culture

If you think about it has some grounding to it based on the VERY different outlook on society and how the cultures seem to clash on diverse topics and strains of thought...

The reason for the 3 cultures being here is plan to find a common denominator within the grand scheme of Life to see how all 3 interact and possibly get on - lets call it a social experiment on a Cosmic level.

Well...thats my 2 cents worth

Would be interesting to hear others thoughts on what I have discussed.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i heard about a planet that is responsible for all the ancient civilisations in the ancient world and our contemporary society
its called Earth
anyone heard of that one
of course i realise it may be a little far fetched......

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by encinoman

The mars-sized bolide impact theory works. It's been modelled. It fits the facts.

I'm trying to imagine this. I need some help here. I can't see how a chunk of earth can be knocked off by a Mars size planet impacting it to create a round size moon. The moon would look like an asteroid or else it would have to have somehow reformed itself after being knocked off the earth if that were possible. I just can't see a perfectly round size ball being knocied off the earth. The earth too would have to have reformed itself after the impact or there would be one huge chunk missing somewhere. Is this the theory? That both the Earth and the moon were reformed again?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
[edit on 17-8-2006 by grasshopper]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
i heard about a planet that is responsible for all the ancient civilisations in the ancient world and our contemporary society
its called Earth
anyone heard of that one

So your point is? Yes, that is a theory. You have your theory. I have mine. It sounds to me that you don't believe your theory is just a theory but a fact? A little arrogant maybe?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by grasshopper

Originally posted by Marduk
its called Earth
anyone heard of that one

So your point is? Yes, that is a theory. You have your theory. I have mine. It sounds to me that you don't believe your theory is just a theory but a fact? A little arrogant maybe?

Yeah, come on Marduk - what evidence have you got that this planet called 'Earth' really exists? You'll be saying it's inhabited by intelligent homonids next!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Nice subject.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that something happened to our species way back in time. We don't exactly fit Darwins Theory on Evolution, and please remember, thats all it is, a THEORY. During are record keeping, we ourselves should have seen some change, in some species, e.g developing better eyes to read monitors.

If we stick to his theory, then us Homo's are jumping light years at a time....10,000 years and we can play God ourselves (well just about). The timescales IMO don't fit....I reckon that the Atlantians came here, from Mars, most probarly, but it could be from any water bearing planet as WATER is the only substance that is life bearing....forget about air, we can't life without water, and those cool swimming thingy's that glow in the deep dark oceans don't need air!! Hope you get my point??

Any how's, something triggered our own development, and I believe that Ancient Egypt holds the key. They were far more advanced than we give them credit for. Many of thier artifacts have been found over the globe and even thiers mummies have been found to show traces of coc aine...which is only grown in South America. Either they sailed around for years or used our means (thats for another post). We have to get out of the mindset that, we are the best ever! For we ain't, we've lost knowledge that would put ours to shame.... we've just started to develop techniques using sound to manipulate objects, but its believed that the Egyptians used these methods....I'll see if I can dig out the tuning fork experiments to prove my point.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation
One thing I think we can all agree on is that something happened to our species way back in time. We don't exactly fit Darwins Theory on Evolution, and please remember, thats all it is, a THEORY.

Actually, we do fit that theory to a "t".

During are record keeping, we ourselves should have seen some change, in some species, e.g developing better eyes to read monitors.

Err, that's Lamarckism, not Darwinism. Reading terminals is not a survival trait. However, our getting taller and heavier than our ancestors IS a genetic trait (ala dear old Darwin). American Indians tend to develop more diabetes than Caucasians when fed the standard American diet -- that's a genetic trait (people on these continents ate completely different types of diets for 15,000 years or so. So their bodies digest things differently.)

If we stick to his theory, then us Homo's are jumping light years at a time....10,000 years and we can play God ourselves (well just about). The timescales IMO don't fit....

Technology is a side issue from Darwin and evolution.
I think you may have read material that explained Darwin's theory badly.

I reckon that the Atlantians came here, from Mars, most probarly, but it could be from any water bearing planet as WATER is the only substance that is life bearing....forget about air, we can't life without water, and those cool swimming thingy's that glow in the deep dark oceans don't need air!! Hope you get my point??

First... the "information" about Atlanteans that you hold is "channeled information" from the 1900's. It's not what was originally written by Plato. Channeled information is usually WAY off the mark -- because it's made up. If you take Plato's information as true, then the channeled information is totally false. If you take Plato's information as false, then Atlantis is a myth.

Any how's, something triggered our own development, and I believe that Ancient Egypt holds the key. They were far more advanced than we give them credit for. Many of thier artifacts have been found over the globe and even thiers mummies have been found to show traces of coc aine...which is only grown in South America.

They were far more advanced than the average person gave them credit for. But they were a Stone Age/Bronze Age civilization. You might like to do a bit more reading on them.... www.hallofmaat.com... has some excellent articles, as does Wikipedia.

However, their artifacts have NOT been found around the world... and the coc aine in the mummies is of modern origin (they'd unwrap these at parties where people were smoking both tobacco and coc aine.) No tobacco or coc aine has been found in any other mummies.

Either they sailed around for years or used our means (thats for another post).

They were terrible sailors. The Phonecians were the ones who dominated the seas.

we've just started to develop techniques using sound to manipulate objects, but its believed that the Egyptians used these methods....I'll see if I can dig out the tuning fork experiments to prove my point.

You might really want to doublecheck that information.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
I have done enough research to know that Atlantis really did exist around 10,500 years ago. I believe that they were around for hundreds of thousands of years. They came from a very well known planet with in our Solar System, Mars. I have images that I have collected from NASA’s public image archive that show the remnants of a civilization that once lived on Mars. I also have an image of a hieroglyph on a stone that was found on Mars. A hieroglyph means that after the Atlanteans were forced to leave Mars and settle here on Earth that they spread their knowledge to the people that where here, the people we know call the Egyptians.

Theoriticly yes but if they were that advanced they must have left by now. Maybe they discovered wormholes and moved to Europa.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
surely if they were that advanced they wouldn't move because of a few worms
they'd have more likely invented some kind of bug repellant involving lasers

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonata
Theoriticly yes but if they were that advanced they must have left by now. Maybe they discovered wormholes and moved to Europa.

Europa may have oceans of water, but it's still under a lot of ice and is very, very cold. It's a bit of an armpit really, but less of an armpit than some of the other moons of Jupiter. Why would a civilisation move there?
Mars is not a viable option for a civilisation of carbon-based life forms as we would understand it. Plato's account is a very slender base for some of the rubbish that has been postulated about Atlantis. People need to go back and read what Plato wrote about it. The timeline is wrong and there is no evidence. At all.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind

Originally posted by Sonata

Europa may have oceans of water, but it's still under a lot of ice and is very, very cold. It's a bit of an armpit really, but less of an armpit than some of the other moons of Jupiter. Why would a civilisation move there?

But if the Atlanteans were living in Antarctica before they left, then that means they like very cold, icey conditions with freezing oceans - and Europa is the closest there is to Antarctica elsewhere in the solar system

I knew they were hyper-intelligent penquins

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
But if the Atlanteans were living in Antarctica before they left, then that means they like very cold, icey conditions with freezing oceans - and Europa is the closest there is to Antarctica elsewhere in the solar system
I knew they were hyper-intelligent penquins

Lol, I love the image that brings up! That explains Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and the Private, from Madagascar!
Even the smartest penguin needs to breathe though, something that might be hard to do on the icy surface of Europa.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join