It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the Atlanteans came from a planet in our own solar system?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have done enough research to know that Atlantis really did exist around 10,500 years ago. I believe that they were around for hundreds of thousands of years. They came from a very well known planet with in our Solar System, Mars. I have images that I have collected from NASA’s public image archive that show the remnants of a civilization that once lived on Mars. I also have an image of a hieroglyph on a stone that was found on Mars. A hieroglyph means that after the Atlanteans were forced to leave Mars and settle here on Earth that they spread their knowledge to the people that where here, the people we know call the Egyptians.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
When I saw your post I was thinking mars, could you post some of these photos?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
if there were atlantians and they did spread there knowledge all that time ago, then i think we would be much more advanced then we are now.

like if they can travel between planets all that time ago, how come we can't now?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
I have done enough research to know that Atlantis really did exist around 10,500 years ago. I believe that they were around for hundreds of thousands of years. They came from a very well known planet with in our Solar System, Mars. I have images that I have collected from NASA’s public image archive that show the remnants of a civilization that once lived on Mars. I also have an image of a hieroglyph on a stone that was found on Mars. A hieroglyph means that after the Atlanteans were forced to leave Mars and settle here on Earth that they spread their knowledge to the people that where here, the people we know call the Egyptians.

It would be nice so see both your conclusion about why Atlantis really existed AND that Mars image.

On the topic: Possible, yes. Likely, no.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i feel if the atlantians did exsist and they came from another planet why wouldnt they build their great city in a more stable area. surely someone that could travel across space from mars to earth would be able to scout out a better more productive and secure area for there only known city.

from what ive read and seen of what atlantis was like i highly doubt they had much if any thing to do with the egyptians.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Unfortunately Mars isn't a viable place for life to develop. Not unless it likes breathing very thin carbon dioxide, can live in a low-pressure environment and doesn't need much water. I'm not saying that the above is impossible, but it does mean that the Earth would not be a very nice place for them to live. The other thing is that any life form that develops on another planet would not look like us, the human race. It would start off from a different base of species and develop different charecteristics as it evolved. (And by the way, the human body is not a perfect bipedal form. The stomach is wired up as an awkward compromise for a something that started off horizontal and ended up vertical, and an awful lot of stuff to do with out noses and mouths drains into the lungs and not out of us, making us prone to lung infections.)

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I have done enough research to know that Atlantis really did exist around 10,500 years ago.

There is a good amount of archaeological evidence for what was going on around 8,000 BC.

I have images

You can upload them to your ATS upload space and then post them here.

The atlanteans couldn't've spread knowledge of heiroglyphs to the egyptians, because we can see that the egyptians slowly develop their heiroglyphs over time.

There is also no submerged continent in the atlantic. Nor any evidence that there was a very advanced civilization of that magnitude. All ancient accounts of the atlanteans have them no more advanced than anyone else. Indeed, the small city of athens was able to fend them off, so its a stretch to say that they had space farring technology.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is indeed interesting. Wondering if I can see the hyroglyphic you talk about I also beleive we have been on mars b4.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I am new to this message board so I am sorry I didn’t post the images. I am going to try to comment on everyone’s post but first I would like to show you guys the links to where you can see these images and be able to go to the originals on NASA’s public image archive. I don’t want anyone to think that I am doing anything with the images other than showing my findings to everyone that is why I give links back to the originals on NASA's site.

Here is the Hieroglyph:
www.marsview.com...

Here is an artifact left over from a civilization:
www.toledoconnection.com...

Here is a bug of some sort:

Here is a bug:

Here is a Rod:

Here is another artifact left over from a civilization:

Last but not least by far is a ship both on Mars and around our Sun:

These are only a few of the images I have found.
Now let me try to answer some of these comments.

The first comment was “How come we cannot travel between planets now if they could back then?” My answer to that is, can you build a car? Can you do brain surgery on another person? If this planet under goes the same kind of massive catastrophe’s that it has already gone through 10,000 years ago when the last ice age ended and the new one began then if only half of the population died during the many catastrophes that occurred and among the half that died where all the people that knew how to do brain surgery and build cars then that knowledge could be lost forever.. Well until it was reinvented again perhaps many thousands of years from now.

Why do I believe Atlantis really existed? Because there is way too much familiar things all over the world on different continents, Pyramids, myths, and even the destruction of a very advanced civilization.

I believe that Atlanteans did build their great city in a very stable area at that time. These people were not able to time travel and go to the future to make sure their piece of land was going to be stable for all time. It was stable for the time they came here to Earth. I don’t think the entire continent sank, only the city. And it is right where Plato said it would be, it looks exactly how Plato said it looks after it sank.

Mars is not a viable place for humans to live now. That is why the Atlanteans left. I remember once a long time ago during my many years of research reading a scientists paper on what life would be like in the end of Earths life. I wish I could remember his name, he said the only life that would be left here on Earth would be small insects. That is exactly what you find on Mars.

I hope I have commented on everyone’s post. If I have missed anyone please let me know.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I admit little knowledge on Atlantians. In fact, it all came to me from references in Chariots of Fire and other citings of Plato's version (CofF by Von Daniken, a 'fringe' archeoligist of sorts, but I found it to be a wonderful read and a nice 'outside the box' view) and Taliesan from the Pendragon Cycle by Lockhead/Lockheed? (Wonderful read for those of King Arthur or Merlin fans... in fact, those are the other two books in that Trilogy).

So, can you please educate me on Atlantians actually existing?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I too think Atlantean's came from another planet. But, I'm not going to point to a specific planet, because I'm not sure which.
I theorize that their planet was called Atlantis, or something similar, and that their journey to Earth was an effort to save their people/culture.
I believe they arrived here around 11,000 - 10,000 BCE. This coincides with most modern scholars views of a tech-boom among humans.
Since the ship/craft they came in would be a "lifeboat" of sorts, there would be limited space. The people they brought would be scientists and such. They spread their knowledge as they could, but as they died out, the more primitive people that they were trying to tutor could only do so much, with this knowledge.
But, it did inspire legends that have similar tones, in most every civilization on the globe at that time.

Just my 2 cents,
Lex

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So, can you please educate me on Atlantians actually existing?

I'm not sure what information you are asking for. If you do not know the story of Atlantis then you may wish to do a search on Plato critias and timaous.

If Atlanteans showed up here on Earth 10,000 years ago then they would not have had time to build the grand civilization that Plato speaks of before the sinking of their main city.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've seen reference to those works of Plato. Huge island set in rings of defensive walls with canals/channels to navigate into the center of the city.

What I'm asking for is a brief education on these Atlantians, from your knowledge.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo child
if there were atlantians and they did spread there knowledge all that time ago, then i think we would be much more advanced then we are now.

like if they can travel between planets all that time ago, how come we can't now?

If something happened now, like a flood, could you make a cell phone? Or even a pizza? Knowledge was lost, thats what the pyramids were supposedly for ( accoring to the book of enoch ) to store books with infomation to get us back on track. Its like we start over after every cataclysim.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Stari I have not even read your post above till just now. Man we really are on the same page! I suggest reading the motauk series. Swedlow says that true atlantis was on mars, then they came over here. Ickes books support white martians coming here to see refuge. The african shaman Mudwa says the same. Tall blue eyed beings like the ones described all through out history. It would make sense that they have light eyes due to a colder climate ( think siberian huskys ).

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
some theories claim the arck of noah was a space ship. might be noah left mars and went to earth.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
some theories claim the arck of noah was a space ship. might be noah left mars and went to earth.

Ok, I have heard alot of theories, but not that one. I must admit that it is a good theory.

I believe though that the Atlanteans showed up here on Earth around 30 to 50 thousand years ago.. perhaps even longer. I am being conservative on that date because of the fossil records show modern man showing up within that time line. And that is only the time line that archeologist and anthropogist allow us to know. I am sure they have found evidence to push that date back but have not released it.

[edit on 1/19/2006 by Stari]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
Yup, thats what I've heard too. There is a book called martian genesis that states this theory in detail.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeea
Yup, thats what I've heard too. There is a book called martian genesis that states this theory in detail.

I have not heard of this book before. I am currently reading the book "The Mars mystery" by Graham Hancock, after I am done reading this book I will have to look up Martian Genesis. I have had this theory for as long as I can remember. I finally broke down and bought Mr. Hancock's books to read and I am so glad that I did. Mr. Hancock and I have the same views to an extent on this subject. I look forward to reading Martian Genesis. Thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
I've seen reference to those works of Plato. Huge island set in rings of defensive walls with canals/channels to navigate into the center of the city.

What I'm asking for is a brief education on these Atlantians, from your knowledge.

I think civilisations in the Middle-ages also build their city's in ONE 'ring'.
They started building the city around one point, wich I believe was a market or something similar. They also had little canals into their city etc..

The people they brought would be scientists and such. They spread their knowledge as they could, but as they died out, the more primitive people that they were trying to tutor could only do so much, with this knowledge.

We dont know what happened back then, so maybe they tried to save the youngest of them first. Wich would explain the lost of knowledge.

They still would have a certain amount of knowledge wich still would be very advanced for the people that lifed back then.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join