It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are NDE's Not Given any Credit?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There are over 8 million US citizens that have a clinical death or more than one, yet seems the vast majority of folks seem to debunk it or even insult the intelligence of the death poster.
Everyone wishes to know what happens after death, but seem to be afraid or sarcastic about one who shares these traumatic experiences.
IT changes the person for the rest of their present life.
If one is an atheist, then what a surprise thay have in store.
Is it fear or do people simply think it is an hallucination?
Believe me, it is not.
From a thrice dead one..too stubborn to be allowed to die yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Fear is a powerful thing.......and those who are closed to the NDE are simply frightened of that which they cannot "see". Its the same with many many things in the spirit world, and the earth plane too for that matter.

Ignorance, is bliss..........or stupidity, imo.
But that is the majority of the human race.......such a shame.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Fear is a powerful thing.......and those who are closed to the NDE are simply frightened of that which they cannot "see". Its the same with many many things in the spirit world, and the earth plane too for that matter.

That type of fear must be debilitating

What do they think is going to happen, endless sleep?
Or that we have no soul?
We cannot see quarks, yet we 'take science's word they are there.
Tis a puzzlement..Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm reading a book at the moment, which is extremely thought provoking. 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold. It is the story of a young girl who is raped and murdered - but the whole angle of the story is as she views the family/world she left behind (from heaven) etc....its beautiful.
One thing of interest, is that she can see and hear every single thing that her earthbound family says and does. Wouldn't it be amazing if that was correct? I've not heard of it being the case from all the NDE research I have done......but wow, its a scenario that makes me smile lots!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
``

congrats, you recovered thrice...you must still have work undone here.

the way i understand the rational of merely paying respectful attention
to a personal account....
is because the NDE is a personal and subjective experience.

heavily flavored with one's belief & that belief systems symbology.

interesting drama, but the return from death journey, isn't empiracle knowledge which can be or taught or learned...it can only be shared as an inspirational message, imho

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That is a true 'seeing' she has.
After you are given your life reading, your first thought is to 'see' how your family and loved ones are doing, and you can see that they will be ok, and accepting in time.The second time I died I was still married to my ex and was given a choice to stay or leave, but I saw him deeply sobbing and suicidal, so I asked to return, but the other 2 times, I was ORDERED to return to the body.
I may check that book out..sounds like a very enlightened author.
If I was raped and murdered, I may become a poltergeist..

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My friends grandma was clinically dead while in the hospital. That very same time, two of her friends showed up to visit. They were told it was not a good time, come back tomorrow, or something. They did. When they spoke with her she told them they were there the day before, and they said oh yes, did the nurse tell you? No, she said, I saw you. I floated out into the waiting area and saw you. They scoffed, so she told them both what they were wearing. She told my friend that before that she had been afraid to die, but after the NDE she wasn't at all afraid anymore. She also described the tunnel, blue light, warm feeling of welcome...etc. It was 23 years ago, I can't recall all the details. The trip to the waiting room is what I found cool.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
And you know this is the only thing that the debunkers cant Understand. WHat BlackGaurd states in his grandma's NDE.

I also think these people are onto something.. Its not just christians who have NDE's these have been going on forever.. All the way back to the cave man area..

I have researched NDE's and find most of them to be true. But thats another story..

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
'Is it fear or do people simply think it is an hallucination? 'siriuslyone

I think it is mistrust, and suspiciousness, a general skepticism and dismissal of other peoples critical thinking skills. They predecide that any and all paranormal stories anyone tells them have a rational explanation. And if they are good, they have a pretty solid supporting hypothesis to back it up. For the astral travel aspect that people report when the see the room from some other perspective than on the bed, where they are. Well, if I said to you, 'picture your kitchen, now your bedroom, now your living room.' you likely imagined it from a viewpoint like a corner or doorway, so psychologists feel that is the reason these accounts claim they see the room from somewhere outside of their body. Imagination is what they have theorized is to blame. Also, especially in the case of atheists, but some theists too, once they see that a hoax has been purpetrated in any field, they feel content to speculate that they are all hoaxes. In scientific research, it is taught that the best way to test a theory is to try to disprove it, cuz if you disprove it once then it is not true. This does not apply to the paranormal phenomena situation, just like because one car is stolen, it doesn't mean all cars are. But, in the area of the supernatural, it appears that that kind of illogic is acceptable. I must admit, if I hadn't been battered into submission by numerous 'events' over years and years, I don't know if I would believe in this stuff. I probably would, because I start out from a position of trust, not suspicion. I don't suspect someone is lying because I have not experienced what they have, and I believe that it is a small percentage who either make up stories, or have some mental illness that is to blame. Although seeing this stuff is enough to give someone a mental illness.
So, I think the skeptics don't believe in it for a couple of reasons, fear being one of them, but the main one is that is doesn't make sense to them, and if it doesn't make sense they don't accept it (if it is about paranormal stuff, if it is science and it doesn't make sense, they seem to readily accept it, cuz scientists said it.)

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So, I think the skeptics don't believe in it for a couple of reasons, fear being one of them, but the main one is that is doesn't make sense to them, and if it doesn't make sense they don't accept it (if it is about paranormal stuff, if it is science and it doesn't make sense, they seem to readily accept it, cuz scientists said it.)

Well, there was experiments done with people who were "given' an nde, and there was an object put high up on top of a cabinet and the nde'r was able to tell exactly what it was.
In my experiences, I told the doctors and nurses what they said and did after they had 'called me dead'
I cursed out the doctors in my first one saying "why did you have to bring me back, I hate you, etc.
When I read something I think is 'too far out', I NEVER slam or flame the author as the old Indian saying 'do not judge a man until you have walked in his moccasins.'

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The one I remember most was when researchers showed an astral traveller a set of coordinates that pinpointed a location. The testers who gave him the numbers did not know what was there, to try to rule out mindreading. He said it was mostly rocks, barren, an island. With orange buildings on it, which he drew to show their orientation and shape. They were pretty impressed and thought the only thing he got wrong was the color. Turns out that the remote southern island research station had been painted since the information they had was written, orange. I have seen enough to be convinced, in my own life. How they can rationalize the scientific value of ignoring results which they are not comfortable with, I don't know. It is not science. I think that they are able to tell themselves that all the claims are just flukes. Anecdotal evidence, lots and lots of it, but because they don't fit, they can be dismissed as inconclusive.
You cannot wake up someone who is pretending to be asleep.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Our ego has a lot to answer for, don't you think? It's the ego that wants us to desperately hold on to 'who we are' i.e joe bloggs, the father, builder and owner of a nice house.

It is not until the mind actually looks past the material ego of ourselves and understands the underlying soul and reason for life - that we can understand there is SO much more than what we 'see' physically. I believe it is also the fear of losing that materialistic/physical 'you' that creates the deep fear.

For me personally, for example. As much as I do not fear death (and actually in some way am looking forward to it)......I DO fear, not being ME.
It is the ME...that is the ego. It is the ME....that fears, not my soul.
Unfortunately, I'd suggest that about 95% of mankind are ego-based, hence, the fear of being somewhere new where we aren't the ME.

LOL Jeeepers I hope that makes sense!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz
LOL Jeeepers I hope that makes sense!

It makes sense completely, and it is true as well.

To the ego the prospect of death is terrifying. Not only our physical death, but its own psychological death as well. The ego desperately needs to hold on to an identity, and the prospect of losing it through either death makes it fearful.

To the consciousness, the prospect of death is liberating, because nothing of value is lost.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
sanse_nz

Extremely well stated! It made perfect sense! The only thing I might put forth my .02 on...

We shouldn't fear losing the "Me" aspect, as it is an integrated part of soul. The "ME" aspect is part of the conscious mind which integrates it's learning and experiences into the subconscious/soul aspect of self. We take a huge portion of "ME" when we move into the non physical state. In other words, we (ME) really don't die... we move into the non physical aspect of self. Oh my gosh .. did THAT make any sense? lol

As far as the question of fear .... in my humble opinion... I believe fear is partly due to a feeling of loss of control. We fear flying, why? Because we are not flying the plane, we have to give up the controls. We fear losing something... a job, a home, a friend or a spouse.. why? because it allows for loss of control. Hence fear. Heck, we fear fear for that matter!

Also, fear is due to lack of knowledge and/or the unknown whichever term you prefer. Once a person realizes what is going to happen when our physical bodies die, there is no more fear.

As for your statement:

For me personally, for example. As much as I do not fear death (and actually in some way am looking forward to it).

I couldn't agree with you more!

Fliesatnite

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Fliesatnite]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thats the way it is with humans. I definately fear something I cant see more than something I can. Something that is tangible or visible is a lot less scary than imagining what is there that we cant see. Lack of knowledge is the reason for most of the fear humans have. Just the way it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

What does an NDE have any to do with Theism? Last time I checked, no NDE involved seeing jesus at the end of the tunnel?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

What does an NDE have any to do with Theism? Last time I checked, no NDE involved seeing jesus at the end of the tunnel?

There are MANY who 'see' Jesus, read a few of these accounts.

nderf.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a·the·ist (ā'thē-ĭst)
n.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

What does atheism have to do with jesus anyway???
No higher beings is the correct wording for atheism.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fliesatnite
snip...

We shouldn't fear losing the "Me" aspect, as it is an integrated part of soul. The "ME" aspect is part of the conscious mind which integrates it's learning and experiences into the subconscious/soul aspect of self. We take a huge portion of "ME" when we move into the non physical state. In other words, we (ME) really don't die... we move into the non physical aspect of self. Oh my gosh .. did THAT make any sense? lol

I agree Fliesatnite - life is a lesson, each day.....and surely that knowledge we learn much go with us, each good and bad thing in life teaches us SOMEthing, I know from experience. It is good to know we don't go through the struggles of life for nothing!

Warm wishes to you.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a·the·ist (ā'thē-ĭst)
n.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

What does atheism have to do with jesus anyway???
No higher beings is the correct wording for atheism.

Christians are predisposed to see jesus at the end of the tunnel, muslims see mohammed, hindus see krishna, cannibals see digestive people etc etc at the end of the tunnel. An atheist may see jesus christ too, getting another lash. So, what does that have to do with god again? It doesnt prove the existence of God.

Oh and thanks for regurgitating webster for me! That was very informative!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join