It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euthanasia ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
A few days in france, a mother attempt to "help die" her son, tretraplegyc, paralyzed, blind and deaf. You published a few day before her attempt a book called "the right to die". Before, she and her son asked to chirac the authorisation of "help dying" his son...

So I launch this very serious debate on ATS (I would like to make a poll but the function is disabbled in chit-chat).

To me, I'm strictly against euthanasia and I will tell you why later,

Nans

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
if that's what a person wants, I say go at it. it's their life, they can do with it what they please, including end it. if they're so ill that they need help to commit suicide, so be it, as long as the person is able to give informed consent.

[Edited on 10/1/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
gotta say im neutral on this one. I know that the church of euthanasia REEKS of satanic influences, but... sometimes the suicide card is the only way to go. it shouldnt have to be that way, but the way the world is today, a lot of people cannot help but to succumb to the misery.

this poor boy had the short end of stick in life and he could not tolerate any longer. i only hope he found peace and euphoria as a release from his destitution. i dont think that it was right for his own mother, of all people, to help to destroy him... but in a manner of speaking, she was the only person who would most legitimately have the right to do such a thing. and i doubt she really wanted to do something in the first place. i am pretty sure she wanted to help her sun who was in immense pain

death may or may not be overrated. a lot of people out there and countless unfortunate souls from the past have seemed to think that by sacrificing themselves, they are redeeming themselves in a manner that would allow them to begin again. but what if... it doesnt work. an eternal sleep in a dark void that only ends the next time you wake up and realize youre alive. isnt it weird to think about that? eternity can flash by like it never happened, much like the hours that wizz by when we sleep. it has nothing to do with being weak; it has everything to do with all the malice in this world. people cannot be held accountable for dealing unsucessfully in certain aspects of life, as there is always going to be a positive for a negative and so on. there will always be an opposing force to keep things interesting. it's a desparate form of escape; one that should be forgiven and understood as opposed to loathed and pitied over. im not writing anything that would condone this sort of act, im only trying to enhance the understanding of suicide and what it really entails.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have nothing against Asian children....

Seriously though, I'm often amazed that we seem to have no problem understanding putting an animal out of it's misery, yet believe it is more "humane" to keep a human being from ending their own suffering...

Think about that one....

top topics

join