It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Million Dollar Homepage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I really wish I had thought of this brilliant money making idea.

The guy sells pixels for money. One pixel = one dollar. The guy has sold all one million pixels. It's ingenius. Wish I had thought of it.

:bnghd:

Million Dollar Homepage

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
would have been a nice easy way to make a million bucks... maybe i could make the billion dollar homepage...that's the dream

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Damn world is not fair.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As soon as someone comes up with a good idea, the leaches come out trying to get some.

Hackers tried to blackmail the site owner for $50,000.
He did not pay and they hit his site with a denial of service attack.

linky:news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
hah, I was just going to post that as I saw it on yahoo

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah, that's how I heard about this website. I'm damn glad he didn't give those buggers any money.

I like the idea of creating the "Billion Dollar Homepage".

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
if i made a billion dollar homepage...i might come across somewhat 'greedy'... just makesure most of the money goes to charity...that'd be a good idea

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
billiondollarhomepage.com is already taken

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
darn. well i decide to go ahead with a small idea www.onepixelonepound.com the sites not up yet but will be soon. mine has the added incentive of 50% of raised money goes to charity. also it's not actualy one pixel for one pound, it's 100 pixels for 10 pounds...but thts less catchy...the site probably wont get anything but i thought it was worth a try...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If I help out with the site, can I get some badly-needed money?

Say... 15 - 20% of the billion pounds?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That guy should of made a bigger page so he could fit more pixles.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yeah, but he only needed money to pay for his tuition fees, etc. at University. He's got more than enough money.

EDIT: I think a website of 500Million pixels x 500Million pixels is abit TOO big, Shaunybaby

[edit on 20-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
that guy who made the 'million dollar homepage' already had two semi-successful businesses before that, so he had some money. also he was paying his PR person about 30,000 dollars a month to get his site in to papers, magazines etc... so the whole 'i don't want to be in debt thing after uni' was a total fake. more like 'look im paying my PR woman a lot of money, and i think i want to go to uni, so if this goes tits up, im screwed, so please buy pixels'

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ahh, learn something new everyday.

If I help you with the "onepixelonepound" site, can I get some of the money? Say... 15%?

top topics

join