It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al Qaeda's master bomb maker killed in U.S. strike!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
so intrepid,
If they were to prove via dna or what have you, you are infering that this would be false?

Am I also to understand that you support these innocents who were sheltering these guys?

Not looking for an argument just looking to understand what exactly you are trying to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have NO doubt at all that this is what will happen, and the masses will lap it up. :shk:

i have no doubt they wont believe it, even with proof, but hey its still uncertain.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
so intrepid,
If they were to prove via dna or what have you, you are infering that this would be false?

Am I also to understand that you support these innocents who were sheltering these guys?

Not looking for an argument just looking to understand what exactly you are trying to say.

"Sheltering"? Interesting. Check the WHOLE thread out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Its conflicting reports of who took the bodies, so I will not be surprised if all the bodies were taken.

There have been conflicting accounts from Pakistani officials and witnesses over who, if anyone, claimed bodies from the scene of the missile strike, which destroyed three houses.

Damadola residents say all the victims were local residents and that they buried them all. One Pakistani official told The Associated Press on Saturday that bodies had been taken away for DNA tests, although it was not clear by whom.

news.yahoo.com...

I got the feeling that we will only be feed on what the media is going to be told.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

How would DNA prove anything? That would presuppose that the United States government has DNA samples of these men to begin with; they have nothing but outdated conjecture via radio and videos; a few letters that are highly suspect, and just illogical paranoid tangents. Really, they have nothing more then a good portion of the publics uncritical eye.

Sheltering? In a span of 6 hours this story has gone down every avenue in New York. The story is falling apart, and given a few more days and more reports, it will more than likely continue to.

Luxifero

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
How would DNA prove anything? That would presuppose that the United States government has DNA samples of these men

or family members dna....

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is nonsense and anyone with a rational head would realize this. What see here is a smoke and mirror tactic to cover up the deaths of innocents and thier blatant idiocy by stating that a master bomb and chemical agent was killed. Tell me, where is the veracity of this?

This is utter nonsense.

Luxifero

What is nonsense is that you seem to imply that we attacked this place to only kill innocents. More information is surfacing there that we did in fact have intel that terrorists were there and that we seemed to have killed a number of them in the attack, you still think we did this attack for no apparent reason.

It's not as if we carpet bombed the whole villiage. We struck 3 households, all owned by the man who invited Ayman al-Zawahri and his group to join him celebrating a Muslim Feast day. That's as near a surgical strike as you can get. Should we have only attacked when we could confirm 100% Zawahri was there and no civilians were around?
Civilian deaths are regrettable but unfortunately next to impossible to prevent when the enemy blends in with civilians.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Luxifero is not implying that the place was attacked indiscriminately but rather that poor Intel was the reason for the civilian casualties missing the intended target.

Is either that or our administration doesn't care who is targeting as long as is one terrorist amid the Innocent.

Now the troublesome that the bodies will be taken away.

Because like that only the people's in the area claims will be the only prove and now anybody that have the bodies can claim all to be terrorist.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I never once stated that this attack was initiated by nothingness; I stated this attack was irrational and led to nothingness. It was based on mere days of intelligence gathering, and it did nothing more than drive nails into this a coffin. It makes no sense to kill a man who is one of the most wanted in the world than rather his capture which could lead to considerable leverage on this war on terror, correct? Or are you under the impression that this man dead is worth more than alive?

There is no veracity to the claim that Al Zawari was habituated near, or in, this region; none whatsoever.

Luxifero

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
marg, more and more it appears it wasnt bad intel, but they need to find the bodies to confirm any of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

than rather his capture

how would you expect us to capture him?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well easy US has 17 thousand troops in the border in that area in the Aghanistan side and Pakistan has 70 thousand troops along the border.

It seems to me that maybe some Pakistani troops are not very willing to participate on catching them I believe they may be protecting them.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
marg theres no troops in this part of pakistan, plus we are forbidden from entering pakistan.

AND by the time ground troops wouldve reached there, all wouldve been gone.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

marg theres no troops in this part of Pakistan, plus we are forbidden from entering Pakistan.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by namehere]

The US troops are in the Afghanistan border, and yes they are not allowed to enter Pakistan, but they are not in Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
marg....this was in pakistan, therefore they wouldve had to be in pakistan to capture him...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
Not many when you consider they still retain the capabilites to create and distribute explosives. Bombmaking isn't exactly rocket science this guy is completely replaceable. It's not like they're engaged in topsecret research and years of irreplaceable data have been lost with his death. This is closer to killing the designer of the Abrams tank, yeah he was important in the design process but it's not like killing him will destroy our abilities to make tanks. I'm afraid this is more of a propaganda victory rather then an actual strategic gain.

I disagree. While there are many people who could replace him, there are few that would replace him, imo. Living in caves with the full force of the US bearing down upon you is not a life that many educated people would choose.

from marg
The sentiments of many that feel self righteous in the killing and justification of people from another races and religious background is OK, we got a bomb maker.

What does race and religion have to do with it, marg? We're not targeting any particular race or religion.

from Luxifero
This is nonsense and anyone with a rational head would realize this. What see here is a smoke and mirror tactic to cover up the deaths of innocents and thier blatant idiocy by stating that a master bomb and chemical agent was killed. Tell me, where is the veracity of this?
:
If that's the case, then why did western news agencies report that x was killed, and why do they say now that y has has just been killed?

You've got to be kidding. Any information we get from that region is bound to be filtered and biased seven different ways, mostly against the US.

Bodies have been moved by a local cleric. There is no local coroners office that we can get autopsy reports from. There is no FOIA. And you ask why the western news agencies' story has changed? Geez!

How would DNA prove anything? That would presuppose that the United States government has DNA samples of these men to begin with; they have nothing but outdated conjecture via radio and videos; a few letters that are highly suspect, and just illogical paranoid tangents. Really, they have nothing more then a good portion of the publics uncritical eye.

We have absolutely no idea what the US govt has as a database. What you say is just your opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

marg....this was in Pakistan, therefore they wouldve had to be in pakistan to capture him...

Yes but they came from Afghanistan, they are located in Afghanistan they came across the border to Pakistan, the area of Damagola in the border with Afghanistan used to be a known stronghold of the Al-qaida.

After the Afghanistan attacks by the US they either were keep safe by the Pakistani troops in the area and protected by their residents or either they got into hiding in the mountains of Afghanistan border with Pakistan.

The US has about 20,000 troops in Afghanistan, but Pakistan does not allow them to operate across the border.

Pakistan has about 70,000 troops in the border region.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What does race and religion have to do with it, marg? We're not targeting any particular race or religion.

It has to do with a lot, Bush has been told by god to be on crusade that crusade is against muslin and Islam.

And that is the truth.

The entire region has been deemed as Terrorist breeding ground, they are muslin and follow Islam law.

That is targeting.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes but they came from Afghanistan, they are located in Afghanistan they came across the border to Pakistan, the area of Damagola in the border with Afghanistan used to be a known stronghold of the Al-qaida.

your point?

they arent in afghanistan, they are in pakistan.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I never once stated that this attack was initiated by nothingness; I stated this attack was irrational and led to nothingness. It was based on mere days of intelligence gathering, and it did nothing more than drive nails into this a coffin. It makes no sense to kill a man who is one of the most wanted in the world than rather his capture which could lead to considerable leverage on this war on terror, correct? Or are you under the impression that this man dead is worth more than alive?

There is no veracity to the claim that Al Zawari was habituated near, or in, this region; none whatsoever.

Luxifero

So you agree that The U.S. did have intelligence that terrorist were in the area? How many "mere days of intelligence" warning to you think the U.S. gets on Bin Laden's or Zawahri's travels or whereabouts.

To be frank, I think having Bin Laden or Zawahri captured alive would be more of a rallying point for militant Islamists then seeing their burned or bullet ridden corpses. It would give them a public platform for their martyrdom. Yes I do think that they are better off dead that alive, the only reason to keep them alive is to get all possible intelligence out of them by any means possible. People will probably complain that I would condone torture on them, oh well. If it comes down to killing them or having the possiblity of them escaping an attack I will opt for overwhelming force to eradicate them.

As to your last point, it seems to be the consensus of many intelligence organizations that Bin Laden and Zawahri are somewhere near the no-mans land of the Pakistan-Afgan border with the highest probability of them being more on the Pakistan side of that border. Unless you have better intelligence than that, I will defer to the experts in that area.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join