It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic archaeology

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
For some reason I've been drawn towards this same path within the past year and a half or so... what I'm finding is absolutely astounding.

Want to see something really neat?

There's a line that goes around the earth connecting a bunch of ancient sites around the globe, included is Giza Pyramids, Easter Island, Nazca Peru etc....

See:

home.hiwaay.net...

The circle is perfect, the alignment is perfect, so, as the earth rotates at a different axis than the circle a complete rotation produces a sine wave

See:

home.hiwaay.net...

external image
link to full sized image home.hiwaay.net...

So there seems to be a universal theory and it involves sound. If you take Tesla, Sacred Geometry, Math, Religion, Science, Universe, Reality and probably anything else, sound is the golden key. I'm feverishly researching as much as I can as I find it as I believe that with sound, not only could we move object of any size, we could also create. It's all about frequency. Imagine if you can cancel out cancer from the human body if only you had the exact frequency for cancer.

Sound has the ability to do this!

(mod edit to resize large image)

[edit on 22-1-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
For some reason I've been drawn towards this same path within the past year and a half or so... what I'm finding is absolutely astounding.

Want to see something really neat?

There's a line that goes around the earth connecting a bunch of ancient sites around the globe, included is Giza Pyramids, Easter Island, Nazca Peru etc....

The circle is perfect, the alignment is perfect, so, as the earth rotates at a different axis than the circle a complete rotation produces a sine wave

So there seems to be a universal theory and it involves sound. If you take Tesla, Sacred Geometry, Math, Religion, Science, Universe, Reality and probably anything else, sound is the golden key. I'm feverishly researching as much as I can as I find it as I believe that with sound, not only could we move object of any size, we could also create. It's all about frequency. Imagine if you can cancel out cancer from the human body if only you had the exact frequency for cancer.

Sound has the ability to do this!

Man!... Thats just the kind of thing i'm looking for, thank you indeed,
i'm just on my way to visit my mother, just as soon as i get back, i'm gonna get my teeth into this, how long have you been studying this amazing theory? plz send me more of your opinions,

All the best... ian

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I found the references to the Tibetan Monks lifting rocks with musical instruments. I'm afraid I don't know how reliable these sources are (Rense.com?!!) - But the story is interesting nonetheless:

.....Behind each instrument was a row of monks. When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 metres high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform.......

SOURCE: paranormal.about.com...

See also:
www.crystalinks.com...
ourworld.compuserve.com...
www.rense.com...

This above quoted story concerns the same sources as I've read of in the book Giza: The Truth. I'm still very much plowing through this exhaustive book myself, so it may be that the book later goes into more detail about the theory, or even debunks it, but I'll just post a few quick quotes from the book, from an early section on Sonic Levitation:

This is a passage written by tenth century Arab historian Masoudi, is relayed by Egyptologist/archeologist Col. R. H. Vyse:

In carrying on the work, leaves of papyrus, or paper, inscribed with certain characters, were placed under the stones prepared in the quarries; and upon being struck, the blocks were moved at each time the distrance of a bowshot [about 150 cubits, or 210 feet], and so by degrees arrived at the Pyramids. Rods of iron were inserted into the centres of the stones, that formed the pavement, and passing through the blocks placed upon them were fixed by melted lead.

Pg.203 of Giza: The Truth, by Ian Lawton, Chris Ogilvie-Herald

The book then continues to relay stories from other ancient sites around the world, including South America, where local legends and myths recount the construction, movement or erection of local megaliths and man-made structures were carried out using musical instruments such as horns, harps and drums. This includes reference to Greek historians account of the erection of the walls at Thebes, and also reference to the Biblical 'Fall of Jericho', which includes reference to trumpets in the walls destruction.

Not very concrete examples, as you can see - but I imagine, the more one looks into the subject, the more examples of ancient stories, myths and legends recount the use of musical instruments in the quarrying, movement and construction of local man-made structures.

The book then continues with an account of, I assume, the same story regarding Tibetan Monks as above, from eye-witness accounts in the 1930's. The book recommends further reading on this matter in the book In Secret Tibet, which is a first-hand account by one of the eye-witnesses to this event, Theodore Illion.

The book continues to account more upto date applications of sonic levitation, including one tested by NASA in 1991, and also the sonic resonance of the interior chambers of the Great Pyramid - but I will come back to these later once I have fully read that part of the book, I just wanted to add the above for now!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thank you velvetsplash!

Isn't this amazing stuff, i just cant get my head around it, thank you for yet more information and proof that these idea's are complety genuine, what i believe we could have here is something so huge that is unimaginable,
like you i'm trying to get a bit more understanding of all this,
the more i read the more it makes sense.

What about the Magnetic Field?

1. With clock-like regularity, sudden reversals and pole shifts are natural to the Earth. The result is worldwide destruction, and is supported by paleo-magnetic evidence and early manuscripts.
2. The reversal of the poles is attributed to the harmonic cycle of the magnetic fields of the sun.
3. Polar reversals can be calculated precisely on the basis of the sunspot cycle theory or the magnetic field theory, which the Maya and the Old Egyptians were privy to. These secrets are contained in the Labyrinth of Hawara, a huge complex consisting of three thousand rooms.

Pole Shift & Pole Reversal in 2012

Everything is pointing to Harmonics, the evidence is mounting so fast,
everything linked to our ancient monuments and Scriptures are giving us clues to this.

Please keep posting any links to this, and please give your personal views
about this, just imagine the thought of being able to create some sort of machine in your garden shed that had unlimited energy or the power to move massive objects, Ed Leedskalnin did!(pictured below)

Any scientist worth his or her salt should respond.

All the best... ian

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Why are those ripples proof of Soundwaves?

Ever throw a stone in water? The same pattern emerges...many plants also have the same spiral patterns and sound tends to move in a more uneven fashion to what those images show. There should be more lines in one direction, than there are in another...

If I face North and shout, the noise will go further as will the air-displacement in that direction...the images are not reprosentative.

Edit:

promomag, what is the Earth? Look at it, if you send a line from one ancient site out in one direction, it is likely it'll loop around and hit others. The fact they miss out many, shows these "theories" are not that credible. Especailly, as they have yet to show a credible link between the society and these artifacts/sites and not the other.

[edit on 24/1/2006 by Odium]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Why are those ripples proof of Soundwaves?

[edit on 24/1/2006 by Odium]

There mearly look simler to soundwaves, are you saying they dont?
its just a part of collecting dater for a proposed theory,
the link with these cave markings at stonehenge and the Acoustic propertys of the stone work around stonehenge is undiniable hense an uncanny coincidense, wouldn't you agree, or do you just dismiss the whole idea altogether?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Do they look like soundwaves or air-displacement?

That is the structure of a "Sound-wave", what the ripples show in your claims are actually the way in which sound travels by altering.

See here:

Blue: sound waves. Red: eardrum. Yellow: cochlea. Green: auditory receptor cells. Purple: frequency spectrum of hearing response. Orange: nerve impulse. [Wikipedia.]

If they were showing, soungs than they would have to display a frequency otherwise there is no sound but rather "movement of air". The spirals themselves, also show many other things the top of a hurricane for example, the seeds in a Sunflower and so on and so fourth...

See how similar that is? Throw three stones near one another into a pool of water and see the effect - it is shockingly like that image.

As for Stonehendge? The fact, the paper when I glanced over it didn't mention the different building stages, when it was wood, when it was just a mound and so on and so fourth in relation to the "sound" is heavily suspect. They also do not have access to what the Henge was like in its true state - since there are parts missing...so I desire to see how they rebuilt it and measured the "sound" from it.

Also, yes, it is possible to make a whistling sound if a strong enough wind goes through such objects but then...ever been in a forrest?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks for that odium

A very thoughtfull and important observations that one can only research and try to discover, the Stonehenge circle does have amazing acoustical qualitys, and the stones are positioned without doubt for that perpose for what significance, i dont know, its the caves surrounding Stonehenge that are the most interesting though, studies have shown that if you sit in one part of the cavern and someone else sits at another several meters away you can whisper and be heard as clear as though they were beside you.

I imagine the use of very High frequences as you can see below the pathway marks below increase

And there is a connection with measuring soundwaves with circular diagrams,

There is something i'm trying to discover, i just cant find it, the problem is i dont know how to look for it, so plz odium your responses are very gratefully received, an objective view is important in trying to understand this complex topic that i can barely understand

all the best... ian

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Tibetan Singing bowls

Very little is known about the history of ‘singing bowls’. Whilst singing bowls are now identified in the Western mind with the music and religious rituals of Tibet, most scholars of the subject accept that they did not originate there.

Link...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Tao of Crop Circles

FIG 1

There is considerable evidence that a characteristic trilling sound is heard when crop circles are being created. This trilling sound is also said to be related to a tube of light. It is generally accepted that the information being conveyed in these resonating cylinders of light is responsible for the creation of crop circles.

Source

The Sound Amplification Spot of ‘Tien Tan

The Circular Mound is an open-air temple with no roof. Its central feature (Fig.6) is a slightly bowl shaped pavement, divided into nine concentric bands around a center, just wide enough to stand in. For centuries only the head ‘Spokesman’ of China, the Emperor, could stand at this spot, deliberately concave to amplify the sound of his voice, as he addressed the people of the Forbidden City.

------------------------------------------
Mantra

‘The Sri Yantra has been used for centuries in the East, to represent the visual equivalent of a Mantra; an ancient word or formula to aid concentration in meditation when recited or sung. It can also be generated as an exact sound wave pattern, when passed through an electronic transmitter.

SOUND INTERFERENCE

In late Autumn 1990 I watched a television documentary on BBC2 about
‘Ultrasound’, and was astonished to see in one demonstration: a candle flame (an ion plasma) bending 90 degrees to Ultrasonic frequencies! If Ultrasound could bend a candle flame, I wondered, could it also bend a harder medium like a living plant stem?

Turning to the Encyclopedia Britannica I learned that ‘Ultrasound can be aimed, focused and, reflected almost like light beams. Specific frequencies can cause certain kinds of molecules to vibrate while others are left unmoved.’ (Ref. 21)

One of many experiments, exposing plants to music, conducted in the 1960s, revealed overwhelming evidence that plants can respond (feel and react) to sonic vibrations, by bending towards or away from the sound source:
Ed Sherwood/Millennium Research.
source

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What sound waves look like

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ian, you seem to be missing my point.

The "wave" diagram, measures sound.
The "circular" diagram, measures noise.

That is why it has -30db, -20db and so on and so fourth...that is showing how loud something has to be to hit those areas...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ian, you seem to be missing my point.

The "wave" diagram, measures sound.
The "circular" diagram, measures noise.

That is why it has -30db, -20db and so on and so fourth...that is showing how loud something has to be to hit those areas...

Yes i do know that odium.

The ancients had a technology that could move objects through sound waves, a technology that could tune into frequences i.e the Sun
the ancients had a way of seeing these, the cave patterns come being able to visualise sound by making noises i.e drums, candle light and dust from the cave floor.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've gone through both these pages and you do not have any proof to make that arguement. If they could move things through sounds, and we know this as fact can we not recreate this?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I've gone through both these pages and you do not have any proof to make that arguement. If they could move things through sounds, and we know this as fact can we not recreate this?

Yes i agree its all new to me, i'm working on it, and its fasinating the hell out of me, i've made several statement on this thread asking for help, none of the major scientist in the world have come up with this theory either, i am the first one, but i cant keep all this information in my head, so this is like my archive, so i'm just posting anything connected even though i'm not quite sure it helps, and i'm hoping ppl such as yourself can come together and try to formulate some sort of arguable hypophosis, look Odium i know there's something to this, please trust me! i very much appreciate your time on this.

all the best... ian

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Lots of interesting stuff here.

I recently went to a museum which had some "sound" experiments displayed. There was the bridge that swayed to the point of breaking and some visual representations of sound. One thing was a heavy metal bowl, chinese maybe?, and it was partly filled with water and you rubbed your hands on the handles and it started resonnation and making ripples in the water, and continued to ring well afterward. It was pretty neat, but reminded me of something I heard recently. Someone had monks chant near a bowl of water which resonnated to the sounds. The ripples formed in the water matched, exactly, symbols which represented what the monks were singing about! Some sort of complicated sacred geometry patterns, 'flower of life' kind of stuff.

Another neat display which wasnt working at the time had a clay pot made many years ago by scratching the sides. It was being 'played' by a laser, I guess it made some sort of sounds like a record. anyways the display said that it should be technically possible to tune to the right frequencys and actually hear what was going on thousands of years ago as that pot was being made, because those vibrations are imbedded in the pot! Now that would be cool: listening to the past.

(Edit added this link)Heres a page where a guy did his own experiments in sonic levitation, and reverse lev. Its not very impressive when thinking about 20 ton stones floating around like bumper cars, but its a start.
www-personal.umich.edu...

(Edit, added more links)
[www.containerless.com... = Company that makes sonic-lev machines.

www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk... = Page about the various claims and weights of stones often brought up in sonic lev discussions.

[edit on 1/27/2006 by ViolatoR]

[edit on 1/27/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
Another neat display which wasnt working at the time had a clay pot made many years ago by scratching the sides. It was being 'played' by a laser, I guess it made some sort of sounds like a record. anyways the display said that it should be technically possible to tune to the right frequencys and actually hear what was going on thousands of years ago as that pot was being made, because those vibrations are imbedded in the pot! Now that would be cool: listening to the past.

WOW!! I was right! Check this out - > Sound File (Mp4) < -

"Belgian researchers have been able to use computer scans of the grooves in 6,500-year-old pottery to extract sounds -- including talking and laughter -- made by the vibrations of the tools used to make the pottery."

The sound file is about 1:18 minutes of foreign guys jabbering on, then like 3 seconds of the actual sound, but you hear talking and laughing from 6,500 years ago! Theres a video also, but quicktime doesnt work for me, so tell me if theres more on the video. Sound starts at about 1:17 in.

The website (French)

[edit on 2/23/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"Belgian researchers have been able to use computer scans of the grooves in 6,500-year-old pottery to extract sounds -- including talking and laughter -- made by the vibrations of the tools used to make the pottery."

Actually, this was an April fool's joke. See Link

Sorry, folks. I know, I know.. These things always turn out to be hoaxes, or unverifiable, or ad campaigns.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iamian

Acustic Archeology is Interesting concept. I want to call your attention to the Music from God project "excavating" the original Hebrew text of the Bible, and translating each Hebrew letter to a musical note. When these notes are played in sequence they produce beautiful music.

The website is: www.MusicFromGod.com

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Great thread, I think alot of what is being discussed here is harmonic resonance, I am kind of new to it aswell but I will explain what I believe it to be and you can decide whether I'm close or raving mad.

First off, everything resonates (vibrates and 'creates sound') the fact that we can't here or detect it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Light vibrates at a multitude of frequencies, our retinas and visual cortex can only percieve the first 'band' or the infrared/red, this is due to it's harmonic resonance. This does't mean that it is resonating at only that frequency, from what I understand, we only percieve it at this frequency and thus we 'see'. (observer effect anyone? look to this thread for more info):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Everything resonates, if we could 'resonate' something (say a rod) to the frequency of something else (say a rock), we could control this object as long as there is a resonating frequency between the two. This manipulation could be anything, from eradication of 'bad cells and tissue' to quantum teleportation (quantum entanglement anyone?), possibilities are limitless.

The cause of this from what I have seen, could be pulsed Electric discharges at certain frequencies. Plasma cosmology and quantum mechanics are interesting if you enjoy this topic, alot of similarities in my eyes.

www.rexresearch.com...

Video of 'Atomic Resonance', from what I have read, this was caused by a constant wind speed of 42mph through the valley the bridge was built. After a day or so, the bridge began to wobble. A theory I read was that all the atoms of the bridge, began to vibrate at the same frequency, due to the constant windspeed. Incredible video, Tesla was rumoured to be all over this.

youtube.com...

Follow this far enough and it branches out into sacred geometry, assuming various shapes resonate different scales of frequency, I found this link a while ago linked to the planetary grids, talks about Platonic solids and Pythagorean cosmic morphology.

Bit of info on planetary grid:
www.crystalinks.com...

More information:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

List of sights with co-ords:
users.pandora.be...

Hope this helps, I'm still looking into this stuff myself.

EMM

[edit on 22-6-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join