It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic archaeology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Looking through the ATS board i came across a thread posted by popek called Want to know how the eygptians made the Pyramids?
having read blackgaurdxiii and VelvetSplash comments on the sound theory i instantly remembered a documentary by Paul Devereux, "Sound from the Stone Age" (probably the first ever TV programme about the new archaeological sub-discipline now formally known as archaeoacoustics) for UK Channel 4's "Secrets of the Dead" series, shown in November 2001, Audio clip

In the Vedas (the oldest recorded religious writings) the Hindus outline their idea of the Nada or 'Unstruck Sound'. This unstruck sound is a fundamental layer of reality which underlies the physical plane which we perceive as matter or, as they call it, 'Struck Sound'. The recent scientific theory of superstrings appears to say the same thing. Subatomic particles may not be particles at all but, rather the resonance of an infinitely smaller layer of tightly woven strings - possibly containing hidden dimensions. We regularly find in our research that the latest scientific theories often seem to say the same thing as the oldest religious writings...are two sides of our minds finally coming together?

Strange new noises are emanating from both the archaelogical establishment and the Earth Mysteries movements, sounds that may have their origin in some of the world's most ancient and saced sites. Researchers have suggested that sound may even be integral to their design and purpose. Some of the oldest religious sites in Britain, such as Stonehenge and Newgrange are constructed as resonating structures
and often contain images of soundwaves. The capacity of soundwaves to alter consciousness has also been known since before recorded history. Cave paintings often depict wave shapes and often occur at sites where there are unusual natural acoustics.

Sound is the source of all manifestation...the knower of the mystery of sound knows the mystery of the whole universe (Hazrat Inayat Khan)

I would very much appreaciate any information regarding this subject or any comments, I really do think the prospect of what we could learn about
Acoustic archaeology could be huge in helping us to explain the past, some believe that sound as been recorded in old artwork and pottery, real voices from the past! just imagine our most amazing structures tuned in to the stars the moon and the sun its just incredible.

SOHO, which is a two-ton spacecraft devoted to looking at the sun 24 hours a day. SOHO has found something very intriguing inside the sun� sounds. We all know sound cannot travel through space, but sound can certainly travel through the plasma of the sun. Sound waves course through the sun's interior, reflecting off the surface and back into the interior. SOHO has detected more than 10 million separate notes, each of which has a unique path through the sun.

could this of be a source of free energy? the possibilities are endless.

all the best.. ian

Early rock
Sound & Structure
Piperstown
If Walls Could Talk!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Doesn't anybody have any knowledge or info on this?
Wow... this must be a fairly untouched subject.
it must be if you cant google it then ignore it,

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm afraid this is new to me, never heard of anything like it.

Matter of fact I don't quite understand it.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Excellent thread ian.

I want to have a proper look into this when I have the time, gonna bookmark thread for later reference.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I'm afraid this is new to me, never heard of anything like it.

Matter of fact I don't quite understand it.

Hi kacen,
i've tryed to explain it as best as i can, i'm still trying to understand the concept off all this, its quite mind boggling at the moment so i'm just trying to gather as much data as possible, i was hoping some well informed members of ATS could help me.

basic idea: Soundwaves were used to build our ancient Pyramids,
Soundwaves were used as an ancient technology,
Soundwaves carried the giant rocks of stonehenge from A to B,
The Ark of the Covernant connection,
Soundwaves are carved all over our ancient past!

Soundwaves are the new cutting edge technology!

Soundwaves links free energy tesla's vibration,

SoundWaves are the key to the past and to the future,
this stuff is incredible,

please post anything connected,

...ian

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Excellent thread ian.

I want to have a proper look into this when I have the time, gonna bookmark thread for later reference.

thank you Velvetsplash,

There really is something to this, i'd really appreciate any contribution.

all the best... ian

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Check out Labyrinthina.com. Browse the site, there are articles on sound-oriented sites.

Lex

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Check out Labyrinthina.com. Browse the site, there are articles on sound-oriented sites.

Lex

Thanks Lexion,
Plenty of information there to look at

thank you very much... all the best... ian

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My pleasure. I spent quite a few evenings perusing, there.
Thanks for the
!!

Lex

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

to back up that theory, whats the theory of how big enough soundwaves were generated to be able to carry giant rocks?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
How on Earth can soundwaves be used to build things?

This is very hard to believe, I cannot even begin to picture vibrations as a construction method...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
How on Earth can soundwaves be used to build things?

This is very hard to believe, I cannot even begin to picture vibrations as a construction method...

The idea is soundwaves can move objects at certain frequences,
everything has a frequency like Nikola Tesla discovered, if you can tune in to the frequency of an object you can then manipulate it, vibrations from your sterio speakers can make objects move, if you stand infront of a speaker at your local disco, you can feel the soundwaves, espesially if its a low base frequency.

In theory if you can tune in to the vibration of the Sun, then your source of energy will be free and endless.
i'm still researching myself but if you look at why Stonehenge the Pyramids ect, went to a lot of trouble to use the type of stones they did then you'll find that its becouse they are the best conductors of sound,
not only that the design of these magnificent structures are very acousticly orientated.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo child

to back up that theory, whats the theory of how big enough soundwaves were generated to be able to carry giant rocks?

I'm not sure, but i know its about frequencies tune in to an objects frequency and you could theoreticly make 10 tons as light as a feather.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Fascinating. I think you might be on to something.

What's the story behind this carving? Where was it found and what time period is it from?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Fascinating. I think you might be on to something.

What's the story behind this carving? Where was it found and what time period is it from?

look at this mythatsabigprobe

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sound waves could replace breast biopsies

A system that uses sound waves to "prod" suspect lumps deep within the body could save millions of women from the trauma of a breast biopsy.

The hope is that the technique, under development at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, will use ultrasound waves to distinguish malignant tumours from benign ones by measuring their elasticity.

Currently, suspect lumps are found using X-ray mammograms, ultrasound or through physical examination - but these methods can only locate the growth. The only way to be sure whether it's malignant or not is to perform a biopsy - surgically removing part of the lump.

New sciences could be giving us clues to the past.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks for that link, very interesting reading. I haven't found any info on that carving, except it seems to be from New Grange. I'll have to google that and see what I can find.

This quote from that site is especially interesting. If you search the ATS archives you'll find a thread on Tibetan Monks using sound to lift stones - they apparently did it by forming a semi circle around one person who had a horn like device to direct the sound, and who also conducted the rythym of the other's drum beats. I'd never thought about the possibility of making very low frequencies that way.

www.neolithic.reading.ac.uk...

Although it is unlikely that any musical instrument in the past would have been capable of generating such low notes, the physical properties of sound do not require the source to be continuous. Helmholtz Resonance could also be produced by a succession of percussive noises played in a regular rhythm at the correct speed. One means of generating Helmholtz Resonance might be to drum within the chambers of the monuments.

edit: here's that link about the Tibetan Monks.

[edit on 1/21/2006 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo child

I'm not sure, but i know its about frequencies tune in to an objects frequency and you could theoreticly make 10 tons as light as a feather.

I do not know how the reaction of an object to a sound can make it lighter.

Every object has an frequency that makes it react, like the suspension in a car. If you go over one of those stripes they put on the ground at a certain speed the suspension reacts in a certain way. If you go faster or slower the reaction will be different.

I knew a guy who made experiments with his car, a Citroen 2CV, and when he reached the right velocity, the frequency of the bumps was to much for the suspension and the car gave a big jump and he hit with the car top with his head. If he passed over the stripes faster the effect would be reduced and he even found a frequency that made it like the stripes were not there.

That’s the same effect that can break crystal cups.

As for the capacity of moving objects, and using the principle that the energy used must be always the same, not being related to the method, they had to use the same energy to make the sound, if the method had an efficiency of 100%.

Remember that the more things we use the more energy we have to use because of the loss of energy when we change from one method to other.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

edit: here's that link about the Tibetan Monks.

[edit on 1/21/2006 by mythatsabigprobe]

Thanks mythatsabibprobe, i'll try and find more info on the rock carving for you, cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I do not know how the reaction of an object to a sound can make it lighter.

Every object has an frequency that makes it react, like the suspension in a car. If you go over one of those stripes they put on the ground at a certain speed the suspension reacts in a certain way. If you go faster or slower the reaction will be different.

I knew a guy who made experiments with his car, a Citroen 2CV, and when he reached the right velocity, the frequency of the bumps was to much for the suspension and the car gave a big jump and he hit with the car top with his head. If he passed over the stripes faster the effect would be reduced and he even found a frequency that made it like the stripes were not there.

That’s the same effect that can break crystal cups.

As for the capacity of moving objects, and using the principle that the energy used must be always the same, not being related to the method, they had to use the same energy to make the sound, if the method had an efficiency of 100%.

Remember that the more things we use the more energy we have to use because of the loss of energy when we change from one method to other.

I'm not sure myself, its a theory, i'm looking for the evidence to back it up and also help and questions to debate the possibilities, we know that the ancient monuments around the world are maps of the stars and have special alignments that correspond with astronomical events, this was important, the stones and the alignments of Stonehenge are placed with Acoustics in mind, this was very important, cave paintings all around the world resemble sound waves and frequencies, i suppose it depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, Sound waves have the capability to controll us at the sub-atomic level, they make are body move uncontrollably what else can do that? Tesla tuned into the structure of his workshop and matched the frequency of the steel girders, the result was the near destruction of the building.
I believe its possible the Ancients had a device that could have tuned into the frequencies of the planets.

<<   2  3 >>

join