It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa deny alien life again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'm a long time ATSer, but I do still occasionally pop in to these threads just to remind people that when they say "NASA LIES!" they are in effect isolating themselves from me and other former/current NASA employees.

Quest, I don't think you are a liar, beacause you worked at NASA. However, you are a liar, because you worked at NASA. I think too often we associate the employees with the company/corporation/agency.
It is common to assume all people that work somewhere are all bad. An example would be to ask a black man in Los Angeles if the officers of the LAPD are bad. We know the answer. In fact, few of them are bad apples just like NASA.
Unfortunately, NASA is lying, but it most likely is the "higher ups" in influential positions. I do think that we would have more believers if workers were not so scared of ridicule.
The rank-and-file of NASA unknowingly carry on the governments response to the UFO/ET subject by ridiculing those that believe. I think that NASA could really gain some acceptance from ATSers if they would have plausible answers for things.
I remember reading about Dr. J. Allen Hynek, and his oddball explanations for UFO's seen by others. Swampgas? Atmospheric interference? Gimme a break. I hope you don't take the ones here who call you a liar seriously, because you most likely are not. I hope that your former employer decides to share the truth with all of us. The truth is out there!!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Originally posted by Smoot
Well, this guy from NASA say aliens are real.

www.stargate-chronicles.com...

Any news on if or when he will have his book published?

You gave a linke to 'stargate-chronicles'. LOL.

This is one guy claiming to have worked for KSC and offers no evidence to the existence of UFOs. How surprising?

I take it he is just another looney making claims about alien life and having first hand knowledge of the situation? I dont know much about him, I just stumbled on to his site a few weeks ago.

What is it going to take for proof? People coming forward that are reputable? If thats the case then you shouldnt need anymore proof. I think there have been many credible people who have come forward. If thats not the case then it wouldnt matter to some people if the whitehouse went on fox cnn etc and spilled thier beans on the UFO subject What person coming forward and saying these things are real would be enough proof?

Being a skeptic is ok, it just like being a believer. I think its the blind followers and skeptics that make this a tough topic too prove true or false. there will never be enough proof one way or the other.

I keep getting told that the moon is round too, is that round like a basketball or is that round like a penny? The only proof I have that it is round like a basketball is a few pictures that NASA released, but they could be hoaxed. And all the people that have been there are all liars just trying to make a buck with thier book releases.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why do you think NASA is covering up? Considering
that their equipment keeps breaking down, getting lost,
and the engineers have been known to confuse feet with
meters in their calculations ... I'd say they probably haven't
invented anything yet that can detect alien life.

That sounds harsh. It wasn't ment to be.

People with human failings work at NASA. They aren't
perfect. They are doing the best they can with what they
have. IF they had proper funding and proper working
conditions/environment ... they'd be getting much more
information and in turn WE would be getting it.

NASA is made up of a whole lotta' folks who would
RUN to the nearest newspaper and let everyone know
that there was life somewhere else. It would ensure
their funding forever.

Frankly .. considering politics the way it is .. I'm surprised
someone hasn't faked alien life findings just to get funding.

The fact that you haven't seen any tells me that they
are being painfully honest.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by agwardlds However, you are a liar, because you worked at NASA....I think that NASA could really gain some acceptance from ATSers if they would have plausible answers for things.....

It's been a loooong time since I laughed something I was drinking out of my nose. The problem is I think it's a serious statment.
And for saying Quest was a liar just for working at NASA paints a picture of how self important you think you are. Mr "Make the world Accountable to ats members".
Oh my stomach hurts.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster

Originally posted by agwardlds However, you are a liar, because you worked at NASA....I think that NASA could really gain some acceptance from ATSers if they would have plausible answers for things.....

It's been a loooong time since I laughed something I was drinking out of my nose. The problem is I think it's a serious statment.
And for saying Quest was a liar just for working at NASA paints a picture of how self important you think you are. Mr "Make the world Accountable to ats members".
Oh my stomach hurts.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by nullster]

In the end it is biting the hand that feeds them. I remember several times seeing anomalous data and thinking, "gee, I'd show that to John Q. Conspiracy if he wouldn't also tell me I'm a liar".

NEWS FLASH! The "average" scientist get first crack at the data. The talking heads never even touch the stuff!!!

The idea that my direct supervisor, let along his boss could stifle information is, well, stupid.

I pulled down the data. Me and my friends/coworkers repositioned the sats and recorded and analysed the data.

You only need watch a documentary to see that the front line of NASA is excitable nerds who would run screaming to the press if they had even a hint of alien life. Case in point, the mars rock with a POSSIBLE organic fossil.

I personally pulled in data from space that came from the machine, to my computer, to my eyes. Had I not done that, there would be no data to even talk about. How can there be conspiracy there? If there was a massive mothership in the upper atmosphere, I would be the first human to have "seen" it. And I have actually seen some things that were odd (mostly glitches and data table errors), but in retrospect, i suppose there is a conspiracy I'm a part of.... I only shared them with other people who would look for what caused the anomaly, rather than try to figure out what type of alien was driving it.

Anyways, the whole thing is very silly. By claiming NASA is conspiring without a good reason to think so, the conspiracy community (despite my involvment in it) has made me not point out info that isn't classified. Why would anyone share information with someone who openly say your group is corrupt. Why share info with people who have so little idea what they are talking about, they don't know NASA managment never looks at data, and would be about the bottom of the chain to see something. Why tell ATS there are warehouses full of publicly available data never analysed when all they will do is find a strange shadow and then call the photographer and person offer the data evil.

ATS has a wide range of people. Some want truth, some just want an enemy. Even if they have to make one out of a group of nerds seeking answers too.

And with that, I'm just about burned out on this thread. I appreciate those that get it, I doubt I'll change the minds of those that don't.

It is all good though. Even when ranting, ATS is still fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Anyways, the whole thing is very silly. By claiming NASA is conspiring without a good reason to think so, the conspiracy community (despite my involvment in it) has made me not point out info that isn't classified. Why would anyone share information with someone who openly say your group is corrupt. Why share info with people who have so little idea what they are talking about, they don't know NASA managment never looks at data, and would be about the bottom of the chain to see something. Why tell ATS there are warehouses full of publicly available data never analysed when all they will do is find a strange shadow and then call the photographer and person offer the data evil.

I read a post on here that discussed compartmentalized projects, or special access projects. I think that this is probably how things are being covered up within NASA. It would be very sinple to have an exployee that you work next to that covers up the information, or reports to a superior. This can be done through "moles" within your former agency.
It would not be within the realm of possibility for someone working next to you to be directed by a different agency(i.e. DIA, NRO, NSA, etc.). It might not be a superior in your agency. The information might never reach the top, because it is replaced with what is needed.
How would you explain the Santa Claus reference given by Jim Lovell on Apollo XIII? How about the sighting by Ed White before he went into space. Trust me, there are many sightings by Astronauts. The problem is they are fearful for their jobs, and are unwilling to do anything to pursue the matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I watched Nasa's moon landing in 1969 and tears rolled down unashamedly from my eyes, for Nasa has proven the intelligence of mankind to take that scientific first step to the stars...

But now, there is only tears of frustration, for Nasa had denied our future generations the golden opportunity to move beyond earth and seek a better understanding of our role in the infinite universe. The reports pile up of other crafts than ours, structures that do not seem natural. But what did Nasa do? Only send probes after probes to dig for soil samples and deny any evidence of life whatsoever. Remember how they ridicule other scientists that there is no water on Mars at all, and had to retract that claim when ice was found on the polar caps. This aint the only case...

Evidence of other lifeform would indeed be a traumatic experience for mankind. So much so that those who deem themselves more capable of ruling us without accountability believed that it MUST be withheld at all cost! After discovery of the MJ-12 documents( en.wikipedia.org... ), its credibility had been discounted vehemently, as expected for such documents are highly classified and with the govt's resources, it would be much easier to dispute it than the oridinary joe who can only hold on to copies, and easily intimidated with breeching secrecy acts. However Mj-12 is still contraversial, as with 'aliens', both sides raging but the facts are still not determined as each side strives hard to gain minds to their way of thinking...

Nasa, above all, receives govt funding and will never be as free as an individual entity on its own. Furthermore, Nasa owes allegience to the State, and not to mankind, as much as it would like to promote and spin that it acts on behalf of mankind. Some believed the military has no hand on the operations of Nasa. But just think, would the military allow civilian agencies a free hand in space, with the ability to divulge national secrets or perhaps use its crafts to do a renegade deal onto the country? It is easy to hide and compartmentalized departments within the many layers of scientic and research and add in military units. ' Need to know' basis has long been adopted by rulers all over the world.

By all means, get worldwide attention and applause for some nice sceneries in space, a couple of soil samples to keep them happy, but the critical issue of other life would be withheld until the rulers decide it is safe to do so, if they ever will.

Promote the search for other lifeforms and get tremendous funding?? lol!..eversince the 60s, had NASA ever approach anyone for donations or promote such funding excercises? Certainly it aint necessary, as there never was any intention of finding life at all!

PS:- This post is not intended to discredit any NASA employee, for they work tremendously hard and achieve much scientific knowledge for the rest of the world, the hard work, overtime and dedication that will kill any other man. They have and are doing a good job. Much cudos to them. Its only the rulers that many question on their policy of alien life( microbial, animal, plant) disclosure.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
let me ask, why would nasa lie or cover up anything? they have no power, political clout at all or anything and would gain nothing...

explain your accusations
explain why they would and what benefits they would gain
present facts proving it
prove them wrong

can any of you?

i bet none of you are scientists, yet you act as if you somehow know things you havent seen or spent analysing for years like these scientists, you think youre so intelligent that you know what noone has been able to prove? you people are like arguing about a flat earth because it looks flat to your eyes, seeing isnt always believing.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
let me ask, why would nasa NOT lie or NOT cover up anything? they are employees of the rulers.....

explain your ignorances
explain why they would not and what benefits they would not gain
present facts proving it
prove them right.

can you?

Edit:- i bet you must be a disinformation officer, and act as if you dont know things you have seen and spent analysing for years to spread your disinformation, you think you're so intelligent and confident that the rest of the people are stupid ? you people like making people believe that the earth is flat because it suits you and your masters' interests that all thinks the world is flat to our eyes. Reading isnt always believing.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The rumor of my disapearence is much exaggreated. I'm just not a daily poster...

Nasa is all about media and politics and not about science. Oh, I know they have some gullible scientists, of course (but only for show...
) ! But they let media and politicans decide what to do when, resulting in the deaths of its personell ;

Challenger 20 Years Later - The Rest Of The Story; www.rense.com...

This is not an exception of normal proceedings. Letting the media decide is rather the rule. So bashing Nasa is only good.

Hmpf. I don't think space exploration, research and developing new tech should be done by one and the same company. Let nasa handle space exploration together with other nations that farth around up there, and let others handle research and experiments with new engines, rockets and whatever.

with this nice picture I rest my 'case'.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Ghaele]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

NASA official Scott Hubbard takes job seeking extraterrestrial life

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Scott Hubbard, who has led a NASA research centre since 2002 and investigated the space shuttle Columbia tragedy, is stepping down to accept a position with an organization that studies the possibility of life beyond Earth, he said Monday.

Hubbard, 57, will occupy the Carl Sagan Chair for the Study of Life in the Universe at the SETI Institute, effective Feb. 15.

"My new position at the SETI Institute allows me to return to the research arena and pursue a lifelong interest in the search for life in the universe and its origins on Earth," he aid.

SETI, which stands for the "search for extraterrestrial intelligence," houses research into the origin of life and how it might be found on other planets and moons. The institute, in Mountain View, Calif., is a nonprofit organization and home to dozens of researchers.

Hubbard joined the nearby NASA Ames Research Center in 1987 and as director worked to increase collaboration with neighbouring universities and companies.

In 2003, he was named to the board that helped determine the cause of the Columbia's disintegration that January.

Earlier, he was the first Mars program director at NASA headquarters, where he worked to correct problems that doomed two spacecraft in 1999.

Hubbard's new position is named for Carl Sagan, a planetary researcher who popularized science and the search for life through his work on NASA missions, books and the PBS television series Cosmos. Sagan died in 1996.

Source:-
cnews.canoe.ca...

-sent to silence SETI? ( unlikely as there were many reports of his maverick ways to search for extraterrestrial life)

- dispute over 'extraterrestrial life' amongst the top administrators at NASA?

But the fact remains - an eminently qualified man steps down from an organisation with extensive resources that boasts of exploration of planets with our tax dollars and search for life...joins SETI to search for life...............????

Anyway, lovers of NASA administrators will ignore this news as usual, for they will always be in denial even if facts are shoved right down their throats, and will continue to rant and repeat, after a few more other posts, their verbage. Nothing new, thats the way they are, assuming the rest of the world are stupid and borned just yesterday.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here's the latest investigation for Nasa Administration lovers. www.cnn.com... igation.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

They have shown capability to lie and threaten. What else are they hiding? Go on, deny this happened and the Nasa administors perfect angels.

Nasa had always been held as a shinning hope for mankind, eversince 1969 when they sent the hopes of humanity all over the world soaring. Thousands of staff, from the astronauts, to the technicians, to the guys who disassemble the burnt rocket scaffordings, to the bright eye kid fresh out of school who just received acceptance to employment in Nasa, were doing mankind a trememdous service. These people deserves to be honoured in every way.

Futher thanks to the brave people there who believes in the truth without fear or favour nor blinded by loyalty and blew the whistle on the shennigens of the administrators, who believed themselves above the law and the rest of the taxpayers inconsequential fools.

May more realize they owe loyalty more to mankind than misplaced trust with the administors. And may Congress take this as a wake up call to investigate thoroughly and not be shut up by the invocation of unnatural 'secrecy' acts that are blatant abuse of the constitution. Laws and the constitution are meant to protect and defend the little folks, not to be misused by criminals and oglichies.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Originally posted by Ghaele
Nasa has a nasty reputation here at "Aliens & Ufo". Try searching for 'Nasa' and 'ufo' or 'life' or 'moon'. Should get some interesting read.

Oh, I've seen a ton of that here.

Despite the fact that I have seen several UFO's, I find very little in this section of ATS useful because they often attack people who use logic and science to seek truth, ie NASA. (to the best of my knowledge)

You you clarify what you mean when you say you have seen UFO's. Are you saying that you have seen them personally away from NASA or that you have seen them in some way connected to your work at NASA.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hi all,
I've been reading the comments and would like to know why information ie photos, videos and telemitary from the Mars Rovers, MRO and Cassini take so long to be published.
I mean NASA spent billions on these missions and to say the least the information feed is more like a drip than the avalanche NASA keeps talking about.
Is this to give them time to analyse or sanatise.
I'm not shooting at NASA beceause I think someone else higher up the info chain is manipulating the data and Nasa is left to carry the can.
I mean correct me if I'm wrong but dosn't a lot of the data come through the Australia connection first.
As a side note try Google to find Pine Gap in Australia and you get NSA in USA.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Me again.
I meant try Google Earth to find Pine Gap Australia.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
What I want to know is what NASA says about the 'orbs' that have been spotted several times during their transmissions. How can they completley ignore this? Why is it that the public seems to be more aware of this phenomenon than NASA? It makes no sense.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by laiguana]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

How can they completley ignore this? Why is it that the public seems to be more aware of this phenomenon than NASA? It makes no sense.

If the subject's classified then you just have to be left to think that they don't know anything.

Because it would be illegal to tell you ( and the public at large ) about something that's classified.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Industry's role

Not only have SAPs held their ground, but their philosophy has also spread to other programs and agencies. NASA's 'faster, better, cheaper' approach to technology demonstration and space exploration has been brought to the agency by its administrator, Dan Goldin, who was previously involved with SAPs with TRW. The Advanced Concept Technology Demonstration (ACTD) programs conducted by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) are also based on similar principles to SAPs. In some cases - such as Frontier Systems' A160 long-endurance helicopter demonstrator - DARPA contractors are providing effective security outside a formal SAP framework.

From: In search of the Pentagon's billion dollar hidden budgets how the US keeps its R&D spending under wraps

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
NASA = White program, cover organization = A lot of yes-man nerd scientist.

Special Access Programs (SAPs) and Sensitive Activities

Let's look at the reality of a NASA scientist blurring out information on the discovery of a UFO/ET craft.

Security compromise

The disclosure of classified information to persons not authorized access thereto.

Security incident

A security compromise, infraction, or violation.

Security infraction

Any other incident that is not in the best interest of security and does not involve the loss, compromise, or suspected compromise of classified information.

Security violation

Any incident involving the loss, compromise, or suspected compromise of classified information.

Sensitive activities

Programs that restrict personnel access, such as ACC measures; sensitive support to other Federal agencies; clandestine or covert operational or intelligence activities; sensitive research, development, acquisition, or contracting activities; special activities; and other activities excluded from normal staff review and oversight because of restrictions on access to information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join