It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa deny alien life again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
NASA are so desperate to deny we are visited by people from other stars they now claim that oil is not fossil fuel!
This they claim only so they don't have to admit there once must have been life on Titan wich produced methane. (Inorganic methane = inorganic life... and that's all ! )

Details (from NASA's wiew) at www.wnd.com...

Some have said there will be disclosure about aliens this year, but I doubt that. The way things goes now they will soon prove there is no life on Earth!
They are crazy over at Nasa!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I used to work an NASA... I'd respond to your allegations, but it looks like you have your mind made up since you didn't present any facts to the contrary of the official article.

I am a little crazy though, I spend too much time on ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nasa has a nasty reputation here at "Aliens & Ufo". Try searching for 'Nasa' and 'ufo' or 'life' or 'moon'. Should get some interesting read.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
Nasa has a nasty reputation here at "Aliens & Ufo". Try searching for 'Nasa' and 'ufo' or 'life' or 'moon'. Should get some interesting read.

Oh, I've seen a ton of that here.

Despite the fact that I have seen several UFO's, I find very little in this section of ATS useful because they often attack people who use logic and science to seek truth, ie NASA. (to the best of my knowledge)

When people just flat out call me a liar simply because I worked for NASA I then look else where to discuss the craft I've seen and experiences I had.

I'm a long time ATSer, but I do still occasionally pop in to these threads just to remind people that when they say "NASA LIES!" they are in effect isolating themselves from me and other former/current NASA employees.

There is nothing I'd like more than to confirm alien life. Too bad other with the same feeling would rather attack a press release than actually help with some funding and investment of time.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Don't you think that like all organizations, NASA included, that not every one is privy to all information.
And that i believe you honestly feel NASA are telling it like it is.
I understand you wanting to defend NASA, but like governments etc, i keep a open mind.

And i think there's too much film footage, pictures, testimonies that suggest NASA is not being completely open.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well i for one am interested to hear what Quest Seeker has experienced and seen. Let's give him/her a chance to talk about it and we might get some interesting information !!
Over to you Quest Seeker !!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Denied

Well, NASA is not being completely open. I know that for a fact. I used to pull down sat data that was not released to the public. Mostly because there was no demand for it.

That being said. I never met a single person at NASA that wouldn't have gone running into the streets cheering and emailing/call/faxing proof of alien life to everyone they knew if they had found such proof.

NASA is cautious because they know that when something lacks explination, people will jump to conlusions. Have there been UFO's in film? SURE! Do we know what they are? No, then they wouldn't be *U*FOs.

For decades NASA would release data upon request, but evenetually some yahoo published a pic of some rocks claiming it was a face. It all went down hill from there. Suddenly the people with the most interest were the ones willing to put in the least work. Much of the public wanted to play arm chair space explorer without putting in any time or effort into a science education and application to NASA, thus things turned to crap. All the sudden every shadow and spot and unknown event was aliens.

Thus NASA, to keep from becomming a joke and losing funding, had to just start countering all the accusations of aliens with the most logical explination.

When people didn't buy that, NASA just started denying stuff so they didn't have to waste time and money explaining away inconclusive things.

So, the UFO community basicly turned on the hand that fed it by attacking it with accusations of cover up, the whole time NASA still being open to anyone who is actually willing to get away from the computer and go get even a BS degree.

You want in on NASA? It is pretty easy... just contribute. If not, look at the photos and yell about conspiracy all you want... In the end, NASA is taking the pictures and working to discover things.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong Quest, i respect what your saying, and think space exploration is great, and its NASA's job to do that.

But with all things you will have people say it is this and people that will say its that.
But with this subject i think it only takes one pic, one video, to be true for the whole idea of this to be true.
I don't count a lot of stuff about aliens and UFOs as all true, and yes i know the difference.
So NASA have to come up with a "logical" answer, that's what they are paid to do.
But its important that people that speculate, don't always take what people say as gospel and question what is said, as history proves.

After all you are still the general public, same as me, even if you did work for NASA, and i think the people that REALLY make the decisions pull the strings for a purpose.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

So NASA have to come up with a "logical" answer, that's what they are paid to do.
But its important that people that speculate, don't always take what people say as gospel and question what is said, as history proves.

After all you are still the general public, same as me, even if you did work for NASA, and i think the people that REALLY make the decisions pull the strings for a purpose.

Agreed for the most part. I think the idea that NASA has to, and does provide the most logical conclusion is bad. The truth is, a lot of times it is just a guess because people want some answer or else they will make up wild conclusions.

As for pulling the strings, entirely possible, but I've never seen anything that would sugest that. Rather, my experience sugest that isn't very likely. That being said, I know NASA use (past tense) to be military in nature. But a while ago that branch broke off. NASA is all open scientist as far as I know. From the peons in universities all over the world up to the EC.

I don't ask people to put faith in NASA, thats actually a bad idea, to just trust everything you read an hear, all i ask is that people have proof before calling other liars. NASA isn't proving there is no alien life, no one on ATS has prooved there is, but we'd all love to have proof, so lets not call names.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How does this at all mean NASA is denying existence of aliens that have visited earth? They are presenting a thesis about that the oceans of methan on Titan are not a product of any biological process.

What were your thoughts on the Nature article?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My post is assuming the theory that aliens visit earth are correct.

I don't think NASA is in on anything, nor are they concealing information. If there are aliens that are being covered up, NASA isn't doing it. It would be other organizations, more secretive, that would be doing the covering up. You see, NASAs not really a military project, its mostly a scientific community project, funded by the government. So holding information would be very hard to do. And if they found something, and some black suits came in to conceal it, I'm sure we would've hada leak about the evidence, and the incident.

This they claim only so they don't have to admit there once must have been life on Titan wich produced methane. (Inorganic methane = inorganic life... and that's all ! )

Thing is, the Methane is organic. the 1.6% methane gas found on Titan is mostly caused by volcanic reactions. Infact, in a close up observation, they found a large active methane volcano on the surface of Titan. Remember, the source of most methane is from gases in an active mantle, animal flatulance only accounts for 17% of methane in our atmosphere, the rest is from the mantle, so I wouldnt call Titan having methane as being proof of a coverup.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
What were your thoughts on the Nature article?

I can't wait to see it. When it was first confimed Titan had oceans of methane, the argument over oil was pretty much over. I'm curious as to how they sumised that it is abiotic however.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To Quest:

Anyone can claim who they are or want to be on the net. But since you posted that you used to work NASA, and am offended by posts who takes a dig on your previous employer as well as all employees from there, i respect your loyalty for it.

However, in the face of too many unanswerable questions from NASA, and i doubt if you can answer them factually as well for information is always compartmentalised even in a small mom and pop shop, let alone NASA which holds to key to information that will affect mankind. I doubt if you will have the security clearance to know every single detail on the inner workings of NASA, let alone post it here.

Therefore, i do hope that you do not allow loyalty to get in the way on discussions that affects mankind, but to ponder upon each thought and statement objectively, preview your position within the heirachy of NASA, prior to throwing the organisation into play.

With regards to the security issue, no man is unpatriotic to reveal secrets in the open if such information will bring harm to the republic, for there are many enemies of state. However, having said that, it is vital to know what secrets are one protecting. UFO and 'alien' witnesses such as Philip Corso amongst many others had came clean on the UFO involvement. Are they traitors to the republic?

Not by a long shot. They had held true to their oath of secrecy for many long years. As far as we know and see, UFO had presented no hostile threat to mankind. They have not declared war on humanity, or shot down our nuclear assets or hinder our ability to defend ourselves. The only threat comming from them is the threat of ignorance, akin to a left hand driver from US driving on the roads of right hand drive England.

For many years, some of those in the know of UFO involvement had trusted the govt that they will take care and handle the issue. They kept faith with their govt that something will be done to these UFO. They did not break their oath.

Unfortunately, it has been more than 50 odd years and UFOs are still flying in the skies,even as more people were ridiculed for their beliefs and some dead from mysterious origins. Obvious insults to the intelligence of mankind lies are spread in the media about UFO and 'aliens' by the govt instead. The faith that those who swored secrecy had eroded in the face of the incompetence of those who thought themselves capable to handle the UFO issue.

Disillusioned and disgusted by such incompetence, their first allegience is to the constitution, a great and honourable piece of thought and reform after centuries of servitude by mankind, but deemed 'only a piece of paper' by the current occupant of the White House. They had not revealed anything that might compromise the secrets of the military to deal with real hostile threats, but only knowledge vital to the welfare of humanity at large, of an aerial phenomena that had been causing alarm and worries, not of the immediate hostile but of a perculiar nature, to mankind. These men should be honoured forever who dared to rise above the incompetence of others who used the mask of secrecy act to hide their ineptitude as well as anti-constitutional thuggery.

With such information to the public, it is hoped that more be aware to allay their fears as well as to get the international community to handle the UFO concern.

Blinded loyalty must never be misplaced in the face of incompetence over issues that affect our entire race, for Earth is our only home and there is no other shelter to run to when and if sh*t or ELE hits the fan.

Edit: If Watergate, Contragate, Enron and the WMD reason to go to war is not enough evidence to teach us the existence of misplaced loyalty within organisations and organs of state incompetence, nothing else will.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Quest - Its good to read your views and explanations in the "cause and effect" of overzealous believers. Rarely a week goes by without some NASA footage being posted and the accusations fly.

It's like the words Government and NASA are cloistered with individuals with one mindset which amounts to full denial and conspiracy. Now if people can learn any lesson from what you posted, it is that there are people at NASA who really are engaged and enthusiastic about science and finding life elsewhere. Made up scenarios, false sightings, an unfounded accusations will do nothing but alienate the UFO/Alien communities from the sources that can provide valuable information.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing you around here more often.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Quest- I am with ya brother. I tried to get a job at NASA when I first moved to the sunshine state. I'm a visiter to all their sites and the info is invaluable.
I am at a loss here. Some how the article means ET isn't traveling light years to visit? Because oil isnt fossil fuel? Does ET use oil to power their FLT craft? Maybe its these Martian cigarettes I smoke. I have to send away for them cause of the embargo on Martian goods here in the states.
I don't see the connection.
That's a big 10-4 there nullster. Nailhead hit duly noted.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
who or what is flying the several ufo's that you have seen? you automatically believe that what nasa say must be true,they wouldn't lie to their workforce? nasa are as trustworthy as a politician.....

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Did anyone read the article in Nature? I can get a copy of last months from my schooland tell you what I can make of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i dont know if you all are aware of this at all, but ill just say in case

methane is called organic because it has carbon in it.

all hydro carbons are organic molecules, regardless of how they were formed.

i dont know the exact method, but you can make methane in the compleate absense of life

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

"If the scientists have ruled out that biological processes created methane on Titan, why do petro-geologists still argue that natural gas on Earth is of biological origin?" Corsi asked.

Source:-www.wnd.com...

This is the contention of arguments on NASA's findings. In short and put simply without the technical jargon - hydrocarbons ( elements of hydrogen and carbon ) are not 'fossil fuel'. Now who is right and who is wrong?

According to petro-geologists, hydrocarbons -fossil fuels - are the altered remnants of ancient plant and animal life deposited. Thus the limited supply for our planet, thus the high price for it.

To Nasa, hydrocarbons such as methane, found on Titan are not of biologic origin, meaning, they do not come from ancient plant and animal life!

So you see the confusion now? Someone is lying somewhere or putting on a spin! Have fun!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
....so there is either life there or the whole "peak oil" thing is a lie

take your pick

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join