It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont know what im doing wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok i have been a member for nearly over a year. I contribute what i can when i can, been a big fan of the site, *passing* it out to friends and family.

Now i saved up enough points awhile ago to get a avatar pic, i uploaded it copied the shortcut, went and spent my points, pasted the link. And went ok, it didnt work. Then i realized the pic was over 50k, so i thought cool its my fault.
Then jsut now i had enough points again, went through the same process with a different pic, imaged the size so it was under 40 k. Spent my points.
Went to check a older post and the pic wasnt there.

Am i doing anything wrong or is it a error?

Mod Edit: Changed questionable term.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
first you dont need points to put up an avatar

Here take a peek at the step by step guide with pics on how to upload your avatar,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

lets start there, and see where you end up,

[edit on 18-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Avatars are free they can be no bigger than 160X320 I belive, are you talking about background images

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Please Delete this thread. LoL

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Using the TAGGING system, I have found quite a few threads with info and help dealing with AVATARS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ABOUT ATS: Avatar and Signature Guidelines

Don't get confused between Avatar dimensions and Signature dimensions. They are different. Max Avatar width is 160 pixels.

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

Signatures:
GIF and JPEF file formats for any image with a maximum dimension of 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. File size is not to exceed 25k, and animated GIF's are allowed.

top topics

join