It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lack an understanding of HAARP despite my best efforts, but found this very interesting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Despite reading all the threads I can access regarding HAARP, my lack of scientific knowledge prevents me from knowing how any manipulation of the weather would work, what signs to look for, etc. (Keep in mind you're talking to someone who hasn't even got his GED yet).

However, I happened to come across this article regarding highly unusual electrical phenomena during several of the major hurricanes that developed in 2005. I expected an explanation to emerge somewhere in the article, but it more or less concludes that nobody knows what to make of this, and that this shouldn't have been happening over water (to the degree that it was, at least). The article is dated January 9, 2006.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
An interesting find.
Haarp stands for
HIGH FREQUENCY ACTIVE AURORAL RESEARCH PROGRAM
My knowledge in this field particularly weather is rather limited but there is a lot of info on them on the web. I'll post a couple of links on em,
They do research into radio waves basically, their effects on weather, atmosphere ionisation and communication (with applications to submarine communication and subterranean bases etc) among other things. A lot of conspiracist have theories as to other applications of their tech and research such as fault line application (starting earthquakes) which is nuts and also weather modification. Not I'm not up on this field, and maybe there are other ATS members that are well read on this subject, but I remember reading an article on weather modification with application to battlefield scenarios. I think it was on www.spaceupdate.com, but they mentioned certain frequencies could have certain atmospheric effects such as fog generation, and according to radical conspiracy theorists hurricane generation.
www.spaceupdate.com
www.haarp.alaska.edu...
www.crystalinks.com...

Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here's another one
www.propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thank-you. Very interesting, though a bit over my head. I think I got the gist, though. Thanks.

What I'm looking for is any indication that those electrical anomalies could be caused by the alleged process HAARP or something like it would use to create, degrade, strengthen, or move hurricanes and other powerful storms. So far, I haven't found any.

I wonder if it could be an unanticipated and unresearched side effect of global warming, somehow.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04I wonder if it could be an unanticipated and unresearched side effect of global warming, somehow.

possibly, or it could be another, normal aspect of huricanes that has been under researched up till now.

The ability to monitor lightning in huricanes hasn't really been around for all that long of a time.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here's a link to the topic index for practically EVERYTHING we have here concerning HAARP. Have fun!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there's also a link or two in here concerning HAARP and Hurricane Wilma. If not, let me know and I'll find them.

Cug

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You might be interested in this... HAARP's website www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Also go to your local library and see if they have the magazine Popular Communications (It's about radio scanners, shortwave, Ham radio, CB's etc...) Several years back they had a story about someone who drove up to the gate and asked for a tour, and they gave him one. I have it somewhere around here I'll try and find it and give you a date (I think it was 5 or more years ago) but if I can't find it it has a large picture of the antenna array on the cover.

::edit::

Whoops!! the link to haarp was already posted.

[edit on 1/19/2006 by Cug]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I must agree with HowardRoark. Our technology is still a little lacking when it comes to weather monitoring. As for Haarp being responsible for producing moving or altering hurricanes, it is extremely unlikely. And even if it were technically possible, the chances that Haarp have advanced the technology that far are again unlikely. Maybe if you dropped a couple a nukes around a hurricane you might affect it with the thermal reaction.
As for global warming, they do ionise the atmosphere in experiments, it could be worth investigating a little further

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Jagenx]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Actually that link from Toelink covers everything you ever wanted to know about Haarp, both theory and fact

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hyak-Hyuk! Thanks Jagenx.
I appreciate that.

I've got to tell you though, it never ceases to amaze me how many people will post theories on everything that HAARP has supposedly done...without ever actually knowing what it is HAARP does on a daily basis. Okay, here's my best understanding of it.

It is, first and foremost, part of an on-going experiment to figure out why satellite communications go skiwampous during incidences of high ionization.

We, as common planet-walking critters, only know this is happening when there's a lot of "Northern Light" activity. The Military, on the other hand, has a continuous migraine headache until the storm passes. They take this stuff very seriously, since they own the bulk of communications satellites.

I look at it this way: The more research they conduct...the better your DSL will get!

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The more we study hurricanes, the more new things we find out about them. We didn't even have satelites during the last warm phase of the Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation (which is the prime cause for the large number of hurricanes at the moment).

I would be more surprised if we didn't find new and odd things.....

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If you start with something simple, like parimutuel betting and the technology that came out of it, a totalisator, eventually it leads to Unisys, where you can check out the weather at:

weather.unisys.com...

but interestingly the company where Donald Rumsfeld used to be CEO General Instruments, its subsidary Amtote was the company that made this device (now absorbed by Unisys).

The other company that made this device is Autotote in the UK now called Scientific Games in which Mcandrew Forbes owns 24%.

Now if you can imagine, the logistics of supply carried by horses which then is converted to horserace jockey navigation, then integrate moving pictures with horse motion mechanics and then continuously switch from logistics to navigation (quartermaster sea/land functioning) to present day real-time simulations automating navigation & logistics to user friendly terminals in chilled air conditioned environments to keep the computer operational (temperature over time) & performance of the computer inline with the real-time simulation. This isn't HAARP but the immersion of technology to keep temperature flow a function of the computer's operation and the ability to simulation in real-time changes (check out Ansys & fluent's technolgoy for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) make it a weather attuned device.

top topics

join