It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective Fears of the Americans - what are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have seen this being mentioned in the topics but never explored in details. It would be interesting to know what do folks think about this.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well, I'm only one American, but I'll try to list mine:

1) The constitution is gone, for all meaningful purposes. The government is not "by the people" or "for the people". It is by the rich and powerful for the more rich and powerful.

2) The idea of two or more political parties is a farce. They are really all one, IMO. I notice that when elections are near, the "differences" seem to come out of the woodwork, but after the elections, they seem to all mold together back into one.

3) Every day, more and more laws are passed, but none ever seem to be deemed as ridiculous, which most are, and taken off the books. All the laws passed, IMO seem to empower the state, while taking away from the people.

4) It seems as if the government was an honerable one (I know, puke), but let's say it is. Then it wouldn't have to make so many laws to control the people, the people would readily allow themselves to be governed by the officials that they elected and trusted to protect their rights.

I guess in a nutshell, the Police State is here, "They" just seem to think that we're too stupid to realize it, so they think that if they introduce it slowly, get people conditioned to buying their propaganda, being told what to do and what not to do, we won't notice by the time it is too late.

I notice, and many do, but what can we really do about it. Really?

join