It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two 16 Year Old Girls Abducted By Homeland Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This could be any one of you reading this or your family.

Thoughts have become crimes, and even words.

Taken out of context has never had such results in a free nation.

The plight of these girls would be headline material were it part of their agenda to alert the people to the growing power of the STATE.

Without a warrant, NYPD detectives and federal agents burst into the girl's home - no wonder they don't have time to look for Osama! - where they "searched her belongings and confiscated her computer and the essays that she had written as part of a home schooling program," say her family. "One essay concerned suicide...[that] asserted that suicide is against Islamic law." The family is Bangladeshi. They are Muslim. That, coupled with the mere mention of suicide bombing in her essay, was enough to put the fuzz on high alert.

Although she is conservative and devout, the girl and her parents vigorously deny that she is an Islamist extremist (not that such opinions are illegal), but this is post-9/11 America and post-9/11 America is out of its mind.

Based solely on an essay written by one of the two, the FBI says both girls are "an imminent threat to the security of the United States based upon evidence that they plan to become suicide bombers." But the feds admit that they have no evidence to back their suspicions. Nothing.

Continued...

Fascism never fully rears its head until absolute power is confrimed by precedant.

what is happening to people like these girls, and Padilla is the greatest threat to American freedom since we kicked the Brits out.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wish these DHS morons would leave the little girls alone. How about this, they can come up into the mountains and knock on my door. I'm 6'5", 330 lbs, bearded, and I once ululated like a desert warrior. Clearly I'm more of a danger to national security than the little girls.

I'm not as easy to intimidate as immigrant children though, so they might have to bring lots and lots of guys, but I promise I'll be gentle. I believe in the constitution also, so I could very well be a terrorist by their definition.

If they're going to waste the taxpayers' money and drag America's reputation through the mud, the least they can do is pick on someone their own size.

Bastards.

Could the girls have been terrorists? Sure. Any one of us could be. That doesn't give these twinks the right to harrass and detain people without evidence of wrongdoing.

Wanna talk about thought crimes? I'm committing one right now..and it's a doozey.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Can we get some other kind of confirmation on this, the source says the NY Times had an article on this on April 7th of last year, if that is indeed true I’m pretty sure someone would have posted about it then. So, I’ll withhold my views on this until more information about it surfaces.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You have to subscribe to NY Times to access the article, but here are several references to it:

www.independenteye.net...

annotatedtimes.blogrunner.com...

www.aspentimes.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thinking about(planning) any kind of criminal activity is illegal. Its called conspiracy to commit crime. You can be indicted for such a thing. As it should be. Would you rather let it happen and worry about what you should have done after the fact? After people are dead? When? These girls are not being held on conspiracy charges, they are being held because of their illegal status in the US. Which is itself a legit charge. With the current climate in the world, the threat of suicide bombings is very real. You cant just discount them because they are 16 year old girls. There is no set psychological profile so to speak, that would help identify suicide bombers before they strike. Just like there is no set profile for terrorists either as they come from all religious and political backgrounds. Better safe than sorry, imagine if this happened all because someone wanted to be politically correct about everything. That kind of mentality will only get people killed, and if you have to step on a few toes to make sure that doesnt happen, then so be it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
From what I read it sounds like an overreaction from the FBI and DOS, however in today's climate that can be expect, doesn't make it right, but understandable. And there are conflicting reports about what exactly the essay said. If indeed she wrote that suicide bombing is legitimate and a means by which to achieve something, that coupled with the fact that she is here illegally should raise some flags. Also, since they are now involved with this family they should deport all the ones who are here illegally.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Thinking about(planning) any kind of criminal activity is illegal. Its called conspiracy to commit crime.

Nope. Only conspirators can conspire to commit conspiracy. Nevermind that, but thoughts are inaudible, leave no permanent mark, and so on; there is no evidence to submit to the judge/jury. What proof could you possibly provide regarding the crime I just thought of? (haha)

Thinking is still legal. Planning is something different, but if you're going to be charged with planning a crime, a reasonable court would still expect to see/hear some evidence. This girl's essay is presumably not a shopping list for bomb components. More likely she's engaging the issue of suicide bombers on an intellectual level.

If that isn't still legal in this country, I don't know what I'm still doing here. If I write a short fictional story about a suicide bomber, am I going to be subjected to assault, invasion of privacy? Will I be deprived of my freedom because I put pen to paper? Did I fall asleep in America and wake up in bizzaro world?

You can be indicted for such a thing. As it should be.

I think the time period/place you're looking for is late 1930's Russia, the time machine dial must be broken.

Would you rather let it happen and worry about what you should have done after the fact?

Given the choice between stopping one specific attack and not stopping it, the choice is clear. What you're talking about is POTENTIALLY stopping an attack some time in the future, at the cost of thousands of false arrests, billions of dollars, and countless man-hours that could have been spent pursuing real contemporary criminals. Sorry, no sale.

After people are dead?

Come off it. People die every day, thousands of 'em. Most of those deaths are preventable. What you're talking about is nothing but fear. The emotion that drives cattle over high cliffs in droves should not be the driving force in contemporary American law enforcement theory.

If you really care about saving lives, listen very closely. If that's what you want, logically speaking, you should be pushing us to spend 400 billion a year healing diabetics and cancer patients instead of using it to drop bombs on huts.

This isn't about the preservation of life, this is about the preservation of collective illusion.

These girls are not being held on conspiracy charges, they are being held because of their illegal status in the US. Which is itself a legit charge.

So the investigation was motivated by their immigration status? That's something completely different. In any case, the furor around the essay is what got me riled. Let writer's write.

As far as immigration, open the borders or close them, I don't care which. One or the other folks, just pick one already.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

If I write a short fictional story about a suicide bomber, am I going to be subjected to assault, invasion of privacy? Will I be deprived of my freedom because I put pen to paper? Did I fall asleep in America and wake up in bizzaro world?

Actually where have you been? I suggest you read up on some of the cases concerning Neo-Nazi writes. They write books concerning fictional characters committing acts of terrorism against US federal buildings. They have in the past been harassed by the US government, and have even been taken to court to stop the publication of their books. There’s a reason writing of this nature is not taken lightly, it can inspire the wrong type of people.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
without seeing what they wrote how can so many of you be so sure they are innocent?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I suggest you read up on some of the cases concerning Neo-Nazi writes. They write books concerning fictional characters committing acts of terrorism against US federal buildings.

Those writings you're talking about aren't comparable. The difference is that, presumably, this girl wasn't publishing, or speaking at terrorist benefits, or selling tapes at gun shows, her materials weren't found at the hideouts of terrorists, she isn't running a charity that funnels money to extremist groups, etc..

The difference is the intent. Have you got any evidence that this girl wrote her essay for the purpose of inciting others to commit violence? Have you got any evidence to suggest that crimes have been committed oweing to the influence of her essay?

They have in the past been harassed by the US government, and have even been taken to court to stop the publication of their books. There’s a reason writing of this nature is not taken lightly, it can inspire the wrong type of people.

Big difference, apples and oranges. Anything can inspire people to commit crimes. That's not the litmus test for hate speech.

If some random guy commits a crime and says he was inspired to do so by The Lord of the Rings, that means absolutely nothing.

If, on the other hand, you can show clear intent on the part of Tolkien, to inspire people to commit crimes, to encourage acts of violence, then you've got something.

Was the young girl writing with the intent to inspire others to commit crimes? Doubtful.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The difference is the intent. Have you got any evidence that this girl wrote her essay for the purpose of inciting others to commit violence?

That's the question, we just don't know, now perhaps this is wrong to some people but an illegal Muslim writing about suicide bombings and its purpose in the US should, rightly so, raise some concerns among federal agencies.

top topics

join