It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bremer Blames Bush, Rumsfeld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Former Coalition Provisional Authority boss L Paul Bremer is now trashing the Bush administration for its mistakes in Iraq, but even his public statements are inconsistent with what he wrote in his new book of memoirs.

In his new book of memoirs, "My Year in Iraq", Bremer is highly critical of decisions made by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, especially those concerning U.S. troop levels and the allocation of resources for battling the early Sunni Muslim insurgency.

Bremer reveals in the book a policy conflict between administration officials particularly, Rumsfeld and then National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, over the number of troops needed in Iraq after the fall of Baghdad to U.S. forces in spring 2003.

One thing I noticed in this article was the following quote...

Bremer also argues that the failure of coalition forces to crush the insurgency in it's early days was primarily caused by Washington's inattention to his requests for more troops and to prioritize resources away from the search from the non-existent WMDs."

Bremer doesn't hold back any punches here in what was and still is a bureaucratic circus. Obviously having to deal with small minded individuals like Rice, Rumsfeld and Bush must have been frustrating. My question is if the WDM's were non-existent exactly what was the purpose again for the invasion of Iraq?

source: www.spacewar.com...

brill

[edit on 17-1-2006 by brill]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by brill]

join