It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
We Americans are now engaged in a New Civil war, testing whether this nation, conceived and dedicated as we are, will endure.
we are currently in a civil war against domestic political and economic forces that are killing us and destroying our nation.
The reclassification of terrorism is spreading across this country. A bill just BARELY defeated in Oregon would have made you a terrorist if you download music, block traffic or write a bad check. Want to know what the punishment would have been?
President George W. Bush has signed executive orders giving him sole authority to impose martial law, suspend habeas corpus and ignore the Posse Comitatus Act that prohibits deployment of U.S. troops on American streets. This would give him absolute dictatorial power over the government with no checks and balances.
Originally posted by LDragonFire
The point of this thread is to discuss whether we are heading towards a civil war and why, or Not and why.
Originally posted by HarlemHottie
Causes of the French Revolution include the following:
- A bad economic situation as well as an unmanageable national debt, both caused by and exacerbating the burden of a grossly inequitable system of taxation and France's funding of the American Revolution.
- Resentment of royal absolutism (described as "divine right")... see also Senator Says Bush Is Acting Like 'King George').
- Aspiration for liberty and republicanism
- Resentment of Manorialism (seigneurialism) by peasants, wage-earners, and, to a lesser extent, the bourgeoisie
- The rise of enlightenment ideals.
- Food scarcity in the months immediately before the revolution (which, between mad cow, bird flu, and monsanto, is a medium- term possibility).
- Resentment at noble privilege and dominance in public life by the ambitious professional classes.
- Resentment of religious intolerance.
- The failure of Louis XVI to deal effectively with these phenomena.
Sorry to say, but none of those really sound that far-fetched, and some are already in place here...what do you think?
Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
The governement has even made a new organisation that carefully watches and scrutinises all the actions of union members and representatives...
... if you participate, attend, support any sort of industrial strike action, you have been labelled a terrorist under our Australian Terror Laws, and may be subject to a couple days of detention.
Originally posted by magicmushroom
Hi Dragon very interesting thread and I have asked similar questions in the past. For what reason would the UKUS goverments wish to introduce such draconian legislation to control its people. Well if you have freedom, liberty etc. enjoyed by the populace how do you change that to a nation of people geared up for a major war with someone, lets say the Chinese.
Bush/Blair and Co used 9/11 and WMD to invade Iraq and as far as we all know Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and no WMD' were found. But something else happened in the wake of 9/11 in the UK/US, anti terrorism legislation was introduce with such speed that it should be in the Guiness book of records. Legislation that affects all of us and not the terrorists. They have no regard for the law thats one of the reasons they are called terrorists. So why do we the people need to be controlled by our masters. Are they planning for a major conflict and would require conscrition etc. and would want a compliant easily controlled population and not a free one.