It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avowed Vampire and Satanist Runs for MN Governor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Although Jonathon Sharkey describes himself as a right-wing vampire, his slogan is "A New Deal for Minnesota" and he has stated that Franklin D. Roosevelt was the greatest president of all time. This seems odd since most people on both sides of the aisle would admit that Roosevelt was the liberals' liberal, but what else would you expect from a vampire, I guess.

nbc6.net

Jonathon "The Impaler" Sharkey declared his candidacy on Friday. Sharkey said he is a satanic dark priest, and that he's running under the banner of the Vampires, Witches and Pagans Party.

And yes, he said he does drink blood, but only the blood of his pagan wife, who also happens to be a witch.

Sharkey has a 13-point platform that includes the impaling of violent criminals on the lawn of the State Capitol.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2006/1/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the "Any excuse for a party Party" to form

Only in America. Public Impalement, gives a whole new meaning to the phrase...nope not gonna say it, wouldn't be prudent. I suppose he's as qualified to run for a states highest office as Arrrnullld.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They elected a Professional Wrestler to that office once, why not a Vampire?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm a Minnesotan and I just read about this guy the other day, pretty interesting. I most likely won't vote for him.

By the way, about the whole FDR thing, Ronald Regan was also a huge FDR fan, and he was pretty right winged as well.

Yeah we elected a professional wrestler, but he had served as mayor of one of our largest suburbs for many years and so was somewhat of an experienced politician. Unlike Arnold in California.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Sharkey has a 13-point platform that includes the impaling of violent criminals on the lawn of the State Capitol.

Hmmm... ammend that to apply to sex offenders and domestic abusers and I'll move to MN and vote for him...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Hmmm... ammend that to apply to sex offenders and domestic abusers and I'll move to MN and vote for him...

Domestic abuse and sex offenses usually are violent crimes arent they?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's an intersting twist to this bizarre tale of publicity mania:

A fringe candidate for governor who played up his satanic side — and pledged public impalement for terrorists — wound up behind bars Tuesday thanks to a sharp-eyed sheriff's dispatcher.

Jonathon “The Impaler” Sharkey, 41, of Princeton was arrested Monday night on two felony counts from Indiana, said Mike Smith, the Mille Lacs County jail administrator. One warrant was for escape, another for stalking.

Sharkey launched his campaign last month under the banner of the Vampyres, Witches and Pagans party. His platform includes an emphasis on education, tax breaks for farmers and better benefits for veterans, but he also said he favored impaling certain wrongdoers in front of the State Capitol.

www.msnbc.msn.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I guess it would be wise to consider one's legal liabilities before stepping into the limelight.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ooopsy. Fringe canidate in a can, yummy.

top topics

join