It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 days till death for journalist in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The CSM reporter who was kidnapped in IRaq recently has been given 3 days to live by her captors. They are demanding the release of female Iraqi prisoners.

www.breitbart.com...

An Arab television channel aired a silent 20-second videotape Tuesday night of hostage American reporter Jill Carroll and said an accompanying message gave the United States 72 hours to free female prisoners in Iraq or the journalist would be killed.

The 28 y/o journalist was taken Jan 7th after her party was ambushed. The fact that Al JAzerra will not give the contact information on the delivery of the tape. Militants in Iraq have kidnapped more than 240 people killing 39 of them. I only hope that some type of Intelligence can be procured from al-jazerra that will allow us to rescue this young woman. It still amazes that we cannot trail their sources.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Dead line Passes With No Word on Reporter

U.S. negotiators were working around the clock to secure the release of hostage American journalist Jill Carroll as a deadline set by militants threatening to kill her passed Friday with no word on her fate.

A U.S. official said little has been heard from the kidnappers since two roughly 20-second portions of the videotape were aired Tuesday and Thursday. They showed Carroll sitting in a house, surrounded by three armed, masked men.

Iraqi kidnappers have often given deadlines or ultimatums only to ignore them and keep holding captives. Kidnappers of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, seized in Baghdad in February 2005, initially gave Italy 72 hours to withdraw its troops from Iraq. The Italians did not comply, but Sgrena was released a month later.

All we can do, is just Sit and Wait and Hope for the Best...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

It still amazes that we cannot trail their sources.

It still amazes me that we haven't implemented some type of voluntary RFID tracking chip implanted in those susceptible to kidnapping.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The sad part to this story is that there is nothing bieng reported, good or bad about the fate of this woman. I can only envision her parenets grief.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The sad thing is that their pleas to spare her life are falling on deaf ears. These killers have no qualms about sawing the head off a living human being, which I find completely horrifying. Our only real hope is that US soldiers will swoop in and save her life. I hope to god that happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a woman has been killed by her kidnappers yet. This leads me to believe that the killing of a woman will cause another firestorm of public opinion for the war on terror. It's one thing to kill a man. It's a whole 'nother ballgame to kill a woman, especially if she's beheaded.

I think this woman is going to be killed.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

She is the latest in a series of abductions of female journalists. Florence Aubenas, a veteran reporter for the French daily Liberation, was kidnapped in January 2005 and released last summer. Giuliana Sgrena, a reporter for Italy's Il Manifesto, was abducted in February 2005 and released a month later. She was wounded by U.S. troops as she was being driven to freedom. The body of Iraqi journalist Raeda Mohammed Wageh Wazzan was found on Feb. 25, 2005, in Mosul, five days after she was kidnapped by masked men. She had been shot in the head.

Seems that they have killed an Iraqi female. After a quick search it seesm that even Sunni Muslims in Iraq are calling for her release, but there has bee nno headway or updates.

Her death will cause alot of friction in an already volitile area and a media martyr will be made of this one woman who sacrificed safety for her dream.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It's been some time now, and no further word about her. It's amazing that a story like this can just fade away into the past, with no updated info.

top topics

join