It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Rainier..here we go again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For awhile now, several of us have noticed a link between Mt. Rainier and large earthquakes. I thought I would point out that after a few months of being quiet, he is acting up again.

mt. rainier

So do you think he will finaly blow his top, or will there be another large earthquake? Either way, it is worth keeping an eye on.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just incase anyone needs it, here is a good link for the volcanos.

volcanos

Rainier has been acting up for awhile now.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm no vulcanologist, but that looks like harmonic tremors to me
I think when it finally goes, it will be related to the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the coast.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Camp Muir is still active as ever, but check out the graph for Camp Shurman. This "heart beat" is quite odd. This is quite worry some. For the past 15 months, Rainier has acted up before all the 7+ quakes.

external image
link to full sized image i2.photobucket.com...

oops, I dont know how to size this down. Can some one help me with that please?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by mrsdudara]

(mod edit to reduce image size)

[edit on 21-1-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
im climbing mt rainer in the last week of july 2006 with my father..first mountain climb i have ever been on hes done it 3 times already. its already gonna be hard enough for me considering im 20, 5'3" and 103 lbs the last thing i need is to have it blow while im on it....talk about getting screwed

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Wow! good luck Digitalgrl. I hear that Mt. Rainier is no easy climb. Be sure to take some pics and share them with us. I bet it has one heck of a view.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
At least if anything happens I live far enough away in Washington that I should not get hurt like when ranier erupted before or our other mountain st helens.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
sure thing mrsdudara!

My father said it sucks going the first time up...its difficult but its one of those things that i just want to do. i just came back from thailand and south korea on january 7th so i am gettting all my pics together and organizing them and then i will post them on here so everyone can see. I was there for 12 days studying history with my fellow college students and a professor....well mostly just site seeing and and shopping lol. but we went to alot of temples so that counts..as long as i get college credit for it

but anyways,
if that thing blows when im climbing it i guess i wont have time to be pissed right ? Lol!

DigitalGrl

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Once again a 7.7 in Indonesia, and Mt. Rainier calms down.
I wonder how these two can be connected? They are on the opposite sides of the earth. This earthquake was 212 miles deep
There HAS to be an explination for this. Does anyone know if there is something out there that could be messing with our gravational pull? Any other ideas?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Once again a 7.7 in Indonesia, and Mt. Rainier calms down.
I wonder how these two can be connected? They are on the opposite sides of the earth. This earthquake was 212 miles deep
There HAS to be an explination for this. Does anyone know if there is something out there that could be messing with our gravational pull? Any other ideas?

I am no expert on anything,however, as for the gravitational pull thing there is the moon. The moons distance from the earth directly relates to its effects on gravitational pull. There is a certain mirror on the moons surface that scientist shoot a lazer at that tells them how far away it is. they have been doing this for years and have concluded that the moon is moving farther away from the earth. As it moves away its pull on the earth is less and less which in turn somehow wreaks havoc on the earths core which then affects magnetic fields, earthquakes, volcanoes,etc.. Again I am no expert but NOVA did an episode all about it.

top topics

join