It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Clinton speaks out on house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sen. Clinton: House 'has been run like a plantation'

So the democrats finally decide to say somthing about how things are being run into the Congress. It's too bad they are just now speaking out. I have read that ever since Bush has been in office the minority Democrats have been excluded from bills and many were exluded from the signing of important Acts such as the Patriot Act. For somthing like this to happen in a Democratic country is not good for our system.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Coolaid]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Couldnt agree more.
But, whats even worse is how long it takes the dems to do something other than bitch and moan.

We have witnessed a power grab by the right for the last 5 years and we have seen nothing but bickering, and partisan whining. Where are the real americans that will stand up for our rights? All I see out of the dems, and the less conservative-inclined reps, are rants and raves.

Where is the action?

I have heard lots about wars, economics, social security, and national security, but all we have seen is action by the right, and whining from the left.

Lets do something constructive together!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
With this, plus Gore's speech, and I just caught Kerry saying he agrees with Hillary, it looks like the Democrats are growing some! It's about time someone with some influence come out and bring some attention to this mess of an administration!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What can you say? The Democrats have to continue playing the race card in order to create a larger divide in Americans and to maintain their "African"-American voting base. If "African"-Americans were to get the idea that the Democrats, in their attempts to keep minorities down and voting for them, aren't helping the minority cause and started voting outside of the Democrat party, the Democrats would be doomed.

Racism promotes Democrats, and Democrats promote racism.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
What can you say? The Democrats have to continue playing the race card

It was a stupid and ill advised ad hominem - she's an extremely intelligent and competent senator, but that plantation line was a heaping smoldering shovel full off the bulls*** pile.
It completely overshadowed, as a point of 30 sec. attention span absorbtion that idiotic Americans are capable off, the below heavy weight substance that was at the core of the speech:

"We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence," she said. "I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country."

It was classic "fish out of water" type of malaproprism, not the race card. It was like when I was a technician, and some VIP swung by the lab to pep talk us peons and tried to be hip by peppering his talk with out of place terminology like "bytes" and "mother board", as if he had a clue.
With that cluster of a line, I'm suprised she didn't put her hands on her hips and chikenhead swivel while saying "Oh no he did'int, that boy be trippin'!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its the Christian Conservatives that are creating this divide!
The divide started with the botched response to Katrina. Nothing like destruction and death to stunt your faith in Gov't. This massive power grab by the right, and their inability to compromise, or even hear the other side of things, is the cause of our countries little divide.

This was Mrs. Clintons point. Maybe "plantation" was a little bold, but bold raises ears, and this is what the dems need. I dont think it was just for black votes, cause I am agreeing with her, and I am about as black as a polar bear. I dont quite agree with her wording, but she got her point across and it was heard load and clear.

Maybe she should have gotten in front of everyone and said "Gee whiz guys, this isnt fair. The Republicans wont listen to us anymore. Our entire party is being swept aside even while the other party is being exposed for scandal after scandal, and yet no one will hear us out. Gosh darm this makes us angry." It would be taken as a joke. Saying it is being run like a master/slave relationship gets attention to your cause.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Racism promotes Democrats, and Democrats promote racism.

That's just BS and divisive, jake. Surely you know that Bush and other Republicans have done their fair share of courting blacks and Hispanic voters. Not to say I agree with it, but it's not a 'democratic' thing, it's a political thing.

Originally posted by Bout Time

With that cluster of a line, I'm suprised she didn't put her hands on her hips and chikenhead swivel while saying "Oh no he did'int, that boy be trippin'!

Too funny!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is being discussed in another thread,
U.S. House : run like a plantation

Please post your comments there.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join