It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. House : run like a plantation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It didn't offend blacks because that's what blacks want to hear. It offends me because she's a Yankee doing her best to stir up black resentment for political gain.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99
Everyone knows it is impossible for a "common man" to be elected to either the House or the Senate.

You are so right. If that happened and someone who told the truth was elected, they'd simply be killed on the spot. CIA here we come......

"If I tell you , I'll have to kill you."

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Well said, when you preach to the quire you can’t expect anything negative in return, even if it is false.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is tantamount to going before a Jewish group and saying the House is like Auschwitz.

It has no basis in reality and is offensive.

No, It is not like that at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
No Clinton ran the white house like a "Chicken pen"

HA! I was going to say 'like a rabbit hutch' ...
you know what rabbits are always doing ...

(and NO, not eatting carrots!)

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why is it that every thread relating to Republican curruption turns into, "Yea, well Clinton got a hummer and lied about it."

Come on guys, I have had a hummer and lied about it. Cant we find a better reason to dislike Clinton. I got plenty why I dislike Bush. And if we are gonna slam past presidents, lets not forget about JFKs alleged infidelity.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It didn't offend blacks because that's what blacks want to hear.

I'm glad I know who's speaking for all the black people, now. Since you are the national spokes person for black peoples in America...ummm.. can you tell me what broke analogy I liked to hear outta Dub's mouth at the state of the union I want to be prepared.

I din like her comment. The thing that was dope about Bill Clinton was that no matter where he was or who he was speaking to he had the same tone and the same message. His issues were about America and that included black folk because we are americans. Hillary's a phony. You can just smell it on her, and the comment just proves it. It's divisive rhetoric. Stuff like this gone get applause in the black community because we are living in the time of Bush and she's playing by his rules...not by her husbands'. Maybe its the part of the overall plan to keep us dumb and fighting fake ghost from the past to keep us all on the "plantation". All I know for sure is the comment rubs me the wrong way. And, I don't pretend to speak for anyone but Saphronia. Still, maybe in the light of day away from the crowd and the fuzzy feelings of MLK's b-day the folk applauding will frown like I did...wtf? Why use plantation? Why for us? We aint slaves...or are we?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is tantamount to going before a Jewish group and saying the House is like Auschwitz.

It has no basis in reality and is offensive.

No, It is not like that at all.

Why not?

Plantations were not simply places where opposing viewpoints weren't discussed freely and openly...heck, that could apply to almost any corporate environment.

Plantations were places where people were enslaved, beaten, raped, worked to the bone to no benefit to themselves, places where children were taken from their mothers and sold into slavery to other plantation owners, and where countless other atrocious things occurred. Perhaps no one was killed in gas chambers, but they were almost as bad.

Comparing this to whatever political shenanigans are going on in the House is an insult to the memory of all those who suffered under slavery.

[edit on 1/18/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It didn't offend blacks because that's what blacks want to hear. It offends me because she's a Yankee doing her best to stir up black resentment for political gain.

Grady,

I want to know exactly what it means to be a "Yankee", and what connotations does that bring, and just how that label applies to HRC.

Also, which blacks told you thats what they wanted to hear?

Also, which blacks in the Majority have a regular oppotunity to stand on the floor of congress, introduce legislation, and debate the topics of the day in open chamber, like the NSA wiretapping scandal, the War in Iraq, the Lobbyist fiasco, etc, etc, which would negate HRC's assertion that the people she was addressing lack a voice in congress?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The use of the term "plantation" on The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Junior Day was sheer imflammatory political rhetoric. Southern plantations initially used slave labor.

Could she have been any more obvious? Maybe if she said "Those white-folks in the White House are keeping the man down." That would have been more obvious but only slightly. And yet when Rice or Powell ascend to high positions they suddenly lose their status as black people and become pawns of the white man.

"We have a culture of corruption"

Ah! the ever-famous "culture of corrpution" talking point. Search Google for this phrase if you're not up to speed on this line. If you're playing the liberal talking point game take another shot. When you see tag lines and canned phrases such as this you'll know the speech was approved by the DNC.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I agree the choice of plantation was a bad one. ahh, look at those poor dems in washington, their voices aren't being heard, and they're degraded to eating lobster, steak, and caviar!!! look at that, they're working their fingers to the bone!! and, oh, the time they have to spend traveling!!!! those poor enslaved dems in the house!!! we must free them, now, or at least when november comes around again, along with every congressman and house representative!!! We must emancipate them by voting them all out of office!!!

that being said, and off my chest....ummm...she does raise a valid point though. this administration has gone so far as coerce the k street lobbyist to only hire republicans, and told if they send a democrat to the capitol building, well, they won't be heard. and our democratic elected representatives aren't being alllowed to represent us. people can take their "majority rules" crap and place it where the sun don't shine for all I care. our government was built TO PROTECT THE MINORITY, and give all a role to play in our government. so, if the republican majority in the house and senate are running roughshod on the minority representatives, refusing to give them a role to play in the lawmaking and well, if I am living a predominately democratic area of the country and therefore, my representatives are democratic, well, just how well am I being represented if my representative isn't being listened to, not being taken seriously, even when he has something valid to contribute? I ain't, which leads me to my next question......Taxation without representation, wasn't the a war fought in the early infancy of our nation over this? why in the world should I pay one dime to this government while they have this nice scheme being played out where ONLY REPUBLICAN LOBBYIST who are endowed with vaste amounts of money (given to them by different, more than likely republican,

groups), are wining and dining our representatives to convince them to support their causes. heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the money that's being circulated throughout this nice scheme isn't part of the proceeds
from those generous tax cuts that Bush gave to his wealthy friends.

on second thought, I like the use of the term plantation, now, please, let us all free the poor slaves on capitol hill and vote ALL of these guys out of office, if not to just let them all know just how unhappy we are with the status quo!

[edit on 18-1-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Shes right, it is run like a plantation. The analogy of a plantation is a perfect example. How is a plantation run? It is slavemasters, and the slaves that work for them, basically. Thats what we have here in America, not just in politics, but in everything. We all are working for a paycheck arent we?

Some people will hate-monger and tell you that she was trying use the reference for her own gain, which may very well be true, but that isnt the big picture here. All you have to do is look at how the system is really run, and you will see it really is like a plantation, but not what you may think....

I think what she meant by that statement is that it is run like a plantation becuase the same people control BOTH the conservative, and the liberal parties. Indeed, if you do your homework, and follow the trail about the leaders and funders of both parties, you will find it leads back to the same people.

I think that is what she meant, and shes right. Dont get me wrong, shes a puppet as well. She probably likes the fact that it is run this way,shes just trying to gain our support. Remeber, she is one of the slavemasters as well. Just ask Cathy O'Brien!

[edit on 18-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That speech was pure politics. It is playing on the victimization theme for political leverage...looking for a free pass to play through. I am glad to see that people recognize it for what it is. Unfortunately it is still standard political rhetoric for some to think they will ever be called on it. It is similar to the poor judgement Ray Nagin used down in New Orleans. It also smacks of entitlement to play through unchallanged...as if by this type of rhetoric you have the automatic moral high ground. This is what passes for excellence now days in politics????? You have to be kidding me.

In addition to this...I also know that Hillary ran the White House in a similar manner. Plantation. This is known information, the stuff of legend..and she wasnt even the one elected. This tells me she would do the same if she was in the office...probably worse.

This stuff is pure politics. Those of us who go back far enough know that if the other party had the majority they would do the same and this is known about people who have been the majority leaders like Ted Kennedy.
What I am saying is that this is not new news or information. Politics is very dirty buisness no matter who is in office. The stories about the New York City political machine and Tammany Hall are legend...same with the Chicago political machine. This is the same struggle going on down in Texas with the rediscricting of the population and represenatives in those state houses. Dirty politics. Why would you people think differently about Washington DC...the House or Senate...or the White House. What are some of you thinking???

Saphronia's point was well made...I am glad to see that some here recognize this form of political predators no matter from what party they originate.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think what Senator Hilary Clinton(our next President) was saying was the "Golden BOY of Only The Rich", President Bush, is stealing the American public blind(under many guises), and you can't see it because you are nit-pickers.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This concept so many use to play through..."The Rich" is a default setting to play through without debate. It is a entitlement concept.

It works like this...if we mark you as rich...your guilty..by virtue of your money or weath. You must let us play through without debate. Guilt ...string them up..now!!!! We who dont have money or wealth..are victims therefore we must be allowed to play through...unhindered. It becomes like a default ..like this computer ..it automatically goes to a certain setting/default automatically ..no debate possible.
For many people this religious belief in the automatic suspicion/guilt of people with wealth or money..becomes a mantra.
This is the source or entitlement of Hillary with her famous plantation remarks..or Ray Nagan..with his recent remarks. After awhile this mantra..used gives them the automatic justification to play through unquestioned. Everyone else standby and move over..especially if you are......"Rich." This is a great vote grabbing technique by certain body politics.

The main problem with this Mantra The Rich is that it has become so overused it has become wolfie. It works well on people with one dimensional thinking..or high emotional histronic levels.

Many Americans are tiring of it quickly. It becomes like The usual suspects.
I am not rich and never will be. I and others can think outside of this box..and this standard mantra by the "Usual Suspects".
Someone needs to get some new re election material.
Even a poor person like me ..knows that people are not automatically guilty or suspect if they have money or wealth.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The Robber Barons of the 1800-1900's did in the view that rich people are good to any extent and now they're underground.

With the help of the government and lobbyists they are alive and joined to my tax dollars and thru the Republicans they are growing stronger.

[edit on 1/21/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
That speech was pure politics.

Exactly! OF COURSE it was pure politics. Everything she says
and does is politics. She has always been a political machine.
She wants to be (and will be) the next president of the United
States.

She's exactly the same as every other politician.
No better, no worse.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
www.aflcio.org...

if the "rich" are part of the problem, then their something to gripe about!!!

wages for most americans seem to have become stagnate, and for the lower wage earning they are impossible to live on, they rely on those "entitlements" that someone spoke of to get by on!

retirement pensions and healthcare insurance are getting slashed, cut, hacked up and spit out at your average worker, along with all the talk of how social security is robbing us blind!! so, when many people get sick, or too old to work, they will by relying on some "entitlement" to get by, even if it's the one that says that they are entitled to their kids helping them out in their old age.

our economy has been run in such a way that keeping the interest rates as low as possible is just about a necessity to keep the whole thing held together, these low interest rates has increased the "value" of realestate to the point where what once only a few years back would cost you $40,000, now is well over $100,000. once the tax adjusters make their rounds and assess the new values, I expect to see alot of your average people being force to sell because of the new tax bill! But, hey, it's more money for the government, which they can turn around and give to some rich developer so they can build a new mall (how many old empty malls are laying around?)....and produce more jobs, more growth!!! because growth is the name of the game!!!

so, it seems that, for the average american....

the cost of those necessities...ya know, heat, food, housing, medical insurance had raised significantly.

wages have stalled out or gone down..

those securities that they thought they had have been robbed...pension plans, social security...

and, the only effect that I see the housing bubble having is it has given them reason to go further into debt!!! probably to buy things they need.
but we have yet to see what the full effect will be.

oh, ya, let's not forget to mention how the government now has the right to just take that house from them, for a price that they deem acceptable, and give it to that rich developer.....in the name of "growth", of course!!!

as more and more people find themselves struggling to make ends meet, more and more people end up having to turn to those "entitlements" to help them out!!

so my question to these rich ceos, doctors, ect. ect. is simply this, if your company can manage to pay you this much, why the heck is our taxdollars paying to shelter and feed any of the employees in your company!!!

if the rich, and the methods being used to make them that way are part of the problem, then the rich, and the methods deserve to be griped about!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Isnt hillary among the rich??? After all she lives in the projects. So does Ray Nagan. Why would we find ourselves among a controlled group of people on this treadmill. Dont congressmen and senators get to keep what is left in thier re election funds whether they win or lose along with other perks that most of us dont get?? This means without working for it not as do the rest of us. We have to work for what we get...we dont get such perks. Nor do we get paid for making speachs and attending meetings.

Once again ...for those who didnt get it ...being rich is not a crime...one is not automatically guilty by virtue of how much wealth one has.
So many of you use this whipping post mentality to justify yourselves in your political and personal bias and dont recognize that someone is putting you on a string for the body politics..this for the purpose of seperating you from your vote.

The poster who refered to the rise in prices of real estate ..this is because of deficit spending by government ...or the increase of dollars in the money supply...we call this inflation...the correct name for it is depreciation ..the loss in purchasing power of your dollar. The reason your real estate is reassessed higher is for tax purposes. Local and state governments need more of these weaker dollars to continue functioning . They do not tell you why this is...that the dollar is weaker becasue they are in on the cover up..
This also means that your State and Federal officials are in on the deception. They cannot all be that ignorant they dont know what is happening.
You and I cannot increase the money supply without offsetting it with real production when we take out loans...not so with governments especially federal governments. They can create moneys unlimited. Increase in the money supplys/deficits means a weaker dollar across the board.

Also in case you folks dont follow what I am saying..these "Rich" people are also affected by this inflation/depreciation.
Once again ..having wealth is not a crime....so many of you are on a political string by these candidates for public office to seperate you from your votes. You fail to see that they never do anything about the rich/poor drama you so often sing about in your mantras..especially once they get your vote.
Some of you really need another mantra...this one is very olde...
Having wealth does not automatically make one suspect...It does not automatically make one guilty of a crime.
Yet this is the way so many of you come across. Yet sickeningly enough ..many of these same people with this same mantra dont like others to be judgemental. Especailly about things like race or sex or orientation...but wealth..no ...that is different ..we get to play through..this is not discrimination..it is justified...we need and deserve a whipping boy. We deserve ..we are entitled. Amazing!!!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Isnt hillary among the rich??? After all she lives in the projects. So does Ray Nagan. Why would we find ourselves among a controlled group of people on this treadmill. Dont congressmen and senators get to keep what is left in thier re election funds whether they win or lose along with other perks that most of us dont get?? This means without working for it not as do the rest of us. We have to work for what we get...we dont get such perks. Nor do we get paid for making speachs and attending meetings.

Well if they have money I'd be surprised after the Republicans tried to bleed them dry with legal fees(left them $ten million in the hole).

No congresspersons are not allowed to keep left over campaign funds anymore , but if they have allot they can give some to fellow congresspersons(favors)(leverage). They ended that practice some years a gone.

[edit on 1/21/2006 by bodebliss]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join