It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring Pluto? Do they think were STUPID????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mstkn28
Okay. I could be reaching, but why would we spend millions of $$$'s to explore PLUTO?

Because its one of the handful of planets known to exist in the entire universe? And because its one of the only ones left that is reachable that hasn't been probed?

If we are so interested in exploring the best way we can, why would'nt that money be spent on a trip to mars.

Because it would make no difference. The money for a martian expedition is a whole 'nother order of magnitude.

when we'll never step foot on pluto, or really have anything to do with it.

Unless, of course, the probe turns up something new and worthwhile, which is the whole reason for sending it.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sorry, but I think they're not launching a probe to Pluto because all this other stuff is going down that they're planning for. No one really gives a damn about that planet right now, there's nothing it can teach us that others don't already know but aren't telling us. There aren't any "mysteries" about our planet that need to be solved by going to Pluto, but they seem to have even the moderators convinced.

NASA's been hijacked, they don't really share the SOHO data, they only do when the sun's calm, but oh no, incoming comet and then they have to do a lens bake and "remove any moisture" so the data stops coming in. Then they tell us comets are dirty snowballs but don't share any deep impact data until after they can manipulate it. Please, the space program as you know it is a joke. Damn people...

Dude who posted this thread, keep on understanding the real world, my friend. All these other fools will realize a little too late to do anything about it, and that's the beauty of this democracy, we'll get what they deserve.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz
No one really gives a damn about that planet right now, there's nothing it can teach us that others don't already know but aren't telling us. There aren't any "mysteries" about our planet that need to be solved by going to Pluto, but they seem to have even the moderators convinced.

Right, so the millions of astronomy/space enthusiasts and more importantly the hundreds of scientists behind the entire project don't care? If no one cared about it, the project wouldn't be sitting at the launch pad.

And there are TONS of mysteries about not only our planet, but the entire Solar System that can be supported, changed, or even destroyed by this trip to Pluto and the Kuiper Belt.

For starters, there's the aesthetic value. We'll get the first (good) images of Pluto from this probe. Not only that, the probe is going to swing by Jupiter's moon Europa, which, aside from having the infamous monolith (:lol
might have water on its surface. Water leads to a possibility of life. Those will certainly keep public interest in the project up.

For more reasons why we should go, I'll allow you to do some reading on your own. I suggest you simply start here: The JPL New Horizon's page simply titled "Why Go to Pluto?"

NASA's been hijacked, they don't really share the SOHO data, they only do when the sun's calm, but oh no, incoming comet and then they have to do a lens bake and "remove any moisture" so the data stops coming in. Then they tell us comets are dirty snowballs but don't share any deep impact data until after they can manipulate it.

What about the universities and other installations that receive data directly from SOHO and other craft? So you're saying there's a global conspiracy of astronomical proportions here and everyone involved (the thousands and thousands of scientists and technical people) are keeping their mouths shut. Now that's amazing!

Here's a great ATSNN Exlcusive about how NASA is manipulating colors on the Mars Rover images: NASA is Not Altering Mars Colors. Enjoy!

[edit on 1/19/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No, I'm saying the thousands and thousands are, just like you, clueless. SOHO has constant bakeouts, almost always during unique periods in time(as in when weird crap is happening you can expect a bakeout, not "the bakeouts almost never happen when something weird isn't going on"), and gee, weird weather just happens to arrive, there are major solar flares, some hurricane smashes through the gulf coast. The data from other crucial projects that might be both informative and damaging is faked by the few who have first access, then passed on to the thousands and thousands you know of. Come on, how hard would it be to make sure you're the first in line, especially with some "national security" ruse. If you were putting weapons or ultra-powerful satellites into space to alter the weather or just flat out zap someone, would you tell the world? NOOOOO, you'd say you put them up there to "listen to terrorist's phone calls" (like in the 90's) or you wouldn't mention them at all.

And sure, there are tons of people out there who are interested in sending some probe to Pluto or unicorn into space or whatever, and that's the best cover story for putting whatever they might want up there instead. They won't have to worry about answering for it for ten years, or maybe they killed two birds with one stone and sent the probe along with their own equipment, but nobody intheknow is really expecting you to care or even remember that they sent some probe to pluto ten years from now, because you'll be too preoccupied with the apocalypse at hand.

Whether you believe it or not, something big's crackalackin, all the major powers are obviously preparing for it. At least accept the lowly, not-much-brain-power-involved conclusion that it's peak oil or the depression.

Do you believe the space shuttle Columbia blew up because a piece of the heat shielding fell off and hit itself? You probably bought that one hook, line and sinker, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Do you think everyone in the government is out to get you, or just NASA?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Right, prolly gunna get told to chill again for this.... but someone has to say it!

bigpappadiaz,

You've lost it. Just completly lost it. You've brought a whole new meaning to the word paranoia.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Alright...Now I’m beyond frustrated with you!

bigpappadiaz (AKA: Conspiracy Nut)
If you were putting weapons or ultra-powerful satellites into space to alter the weather or just flat out zap someone, would you tell the world? NOOOOO

ok, This goes for the Pluto's probe and all of Nasa's other probes.
Every single probe that is sent out is different from any probe before or after it, because it is designed for the sole purpose to do its mission. The scientist and other people who build a probe design it from the ground up with its mission in mind, choose a rocket with the probes size and weight in mind, which is based on what the probes mission is. So its not like there sending a laser weapon up with a Mars rover, because all the people who are involved would of had to calculate for that. Nasa is not a military organization, They have no interest in launching space weapons for the military.

Conspiracy Nut
They won't have to worry about answering for it for ten years, or maybe they killed two birds with one stone and sent the probe along with their own equipment, but nobody intheknow is really expecting you to care or even remember that they sent some probe to pluto ten years from now, because you'll be too preoccupied with the apocalypse at hand

You dont think people remember things for a mere decade!!! Hell were still tracking the old Voyager probes. Stardust was launched in 97...7 years ago...and it had a triumphant return...Nasa didn't launch it and then think everyone lost interest in it and then used to probe to defend earth from an alien incursion.

Conspiracy Nut
Do you believe the space shuttle Columbia blew up because a piece of the heat shielding fell off and hit itself? You probably bought that one hook, line and sinker, too.

Is that what you read at "I believe everything’s a conspiracy.com"

The Shuttle didn't blow up, it disintegrated. And it was a piece of foam that came off of the External tank that punched a hole in the carbon carbon leading edge of the Shuttle, Then the 4000 degree entry finished it off.

I've heard that a person in space with just a astronaut suit wrapped in tin foil can make it threw earths atmosphere unharmed...I think you should volunteer yourself to Nasa to test the idea and see if it works.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

At least accept the lowly, not-much-brain-power-involved conclusion that it's peak oil or the depression.

Now personally, I would assume that the simplest explanation would be the most logical. That's how it tends to be in what I like to refer to as "reality."

So, in what myself and many other call "reality" your idea of this power-hungry, apocolypse-expecting, depression-dodging government is just far too complicated to be considered the simplest explanation. On the other hand, the idea that NASA is not some crazy conspiracy ridden organization is simpler and much easier to believe. Maybe you should try some "reality."

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Doesn'tKnowBetter
So its not like there sending a laser weapon up with a Mars rover, because all the people who are involved would of had to calculate for that. Nasa is not a military organization, They have no interest in launching space weapons for the military.

Ever talk to anyone from NASA? There's a lot they're not allowed to talk about either. Do you think everybody at NASA knows about every single piece of equipment that goes up? Please, they're our space agency, if the military needs something put up there, they do it. They just load it up when everyone's gone home for the day. Does our military not have anything up in space?

Doesn'tknowbetter
You dont think people remember things for a mere decade!!! Hell were still tracking the old Voyager probes. Stardust was launched in 97...7 years ago...and it had a triumphant return...Nasa didn't launch it and then think everyone lost interest in it and then used to probe to defend earth from an alien incursion.

No, you wonderful guy you, they didn't. What I was getting at was that ten years from now is different than 8 years from 1997, in that ten years from now it's going to suck. Nobody will give a damn about this pluto probe because everyone will be hungry, or diseased, or just all-around sad. Sad that life started sucking all of a sudden, and gee, who saw it coming? Not you. You're probably only a few months away from going hungry, like every other American, but you still don't see it.

The simplest explanations are usually the right ones, huh? Yeah, sure, but the world's complex, the people in it are complex, and sometimes the complex people in a complex world do complex things so that simple-minded folk won't know any better.

MOD EDIT: Please refrain from name-calling.

[edit on 1/19/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nobody will give a damn about this pluto probe because everyone will be hungry, or diseased, or just all-around sad.

So now your some great prophet who can predict the future?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Everyone take five... Go walk the dog, read a book, play a board/video/card game, take a look at Kano's Instant Board-Rage Solution. Just do something to calm down. Okay?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That was pretty funny cmd...and yet, I havn't really lost the urge to flame...

Conspiracy Nut
Does our military not have anything up in space?

I never said they didn't, It was simply you who thinks only Nasa launches stuff into space.
The Airforce dont use Nasa's rockets...they use there own...which they buy from Lockheed or Boeing. They have launched 27 gps satellites up there...which you probably think is a web of sats armed with lasers keeping the earth safe.
When the AF or DoD or any other branch wants to launch up a classified payload into orbit, guess what...They call the payload.........classified. They usually launch a couple every year.

ok, now humor me, what (in your warped & twisted mind) is going to cause this "Apocalypse"?

(below) Is todays stocket mark closing...Clearly showing no signs of a depression.
NASDAQ 2301.81 | DJIA 10880.71 | S&P 1285.04

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What about the "second sun"!?

1. On October 19, 2003 a black spot was photographed on Jupiter.

2. The Galileo orbiter was deliberately crashed into the planet on September 21, 2003 at a speed of over 50 km/s.

Now they are flying a "mission to Pluto" (yeah right...), with a space craft carrying 72 pounds of plutonium. And , to pick up speed, this space craft will "sling shot" very close around Jupiter. How convenient that this space craft will get "to close" or "loose contact" while performing this maneuver, letting it crash into the Jupiter atmosphere.

Obviously NASA is hoping to trigger a chain reaction igniting Jupiter into becoming a second ( much smaller and less active) sun. When successfully done this will help making other planets and satellites easier to habitat for humans. NASA was almost successfully the first time, hence the huge black spot and later the blue ring appeared.

Remember, Jupiter is 90% hydrogen and 10% helium by numbers of atoms. Do not have a solid surface, the gaseous material simply gets denser with depth. All that is needed is an ignition by for example 72 pounds of plutonium fuel... It just there, waiting for us to start it!

And I'm not saying this is a bad idea either.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Raabjorn,
That is a very nice scenario but completely unworkable with only 72 pounds of plutonium. Even if they were to increase it's potency with "stargate's naqueda" it would not have the power to ignite Jupiter.
This may happen in 2010 A Space Odessy but in practical physics no.
Again though good thought!
Edited to add:
You are incorrect as to how much plutonium is onboard

The probe contains 24 pounds (11 kg) of plutonium processed into fire-resistant ceramic pellets, which, if fractured, tend to break into large chunks, not hazardous microscopic particles.

Pluto Probe

[edit on 19-1-2006 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Jupiter just simply isn't massive enough to become a star. Even stars discovered that are Jupiter sized are MANY times more massive.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
lol NASA aint military rofl of course it is military didnt you know it was JPL or something before NASA and that was pure military all that changed was name, its still tied to military for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

ok, now humor me, what (in your warped & twisted mind) is going to cause this "Apocalypse"?

(below) Is todays stocket mark closing...Clearly showing no signs of a depression.
NASDAQ 2301.81 | DJIA 10880.71 | S&P 1285.04

This is a fine example of how the simplest answer is not always right. "Stock market good, so is economy right?" The truth, is a little bit more complex of course and takes a little longer to explain. This isn't the place to talk about economic issues, and if the moderators of ATS don't care enough to put the category on the front page, then I don't care enough to type up the hour long explanation needed to post it. It should be the single most important conspiracy for all you dispellers of disinformation at least, as it is also the most easily proven. The system is doomed.

And I don't know if the world's ending on 2012 or not, but I don't think it's a coincidence that it's ready to really suck right before it. 6 billion people ready to starve, an environment ready to collapse, just-in-time deliveries of food and supplies to the cities ready to be halted for any number of reasons like a pandemic or depression or fuel shortages, sun's acting up heating up the damn earth, great depression almost here, the bees are dying, the plankton fish and whales are dying... sounds like an apocalypse is almost here to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This isn't the place to talk about economic issues, and if the moderators of ATS don't care enough to put the category on the front page, then I don't care enough to type up the hour long explanation needed to post it

Economic Issues Forum

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yeah but it's not all up on the front page getting the attention it deserves. I think it'd fit nicely right there in the space currently occupying Aircraft Projects.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join