It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring Pluto? Do they think were STUPID????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
HowardRoark, Why would you consider it a "gem" that Pluto has an athmosphere or that it freezes? A quick search shows that Pluto may indeed have an athmosphere that is primarily Ntirogen, CO, and methane.
The athmospere stays solid most of Pluto's long year and probably only becomes gaseous when it reaches it's perihelion.
Athmosphere on Pluto

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Interesting. I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wow, I guess they were right. You all really are that dumb. No, of course we didn't send that crap out there to find out more about Pluto. Do I know why we sent it? No. But I know anyone high up enough isn't really planning on doing any research on some crusty ass planet 10 years from now. Am I the only one who sees this economic crash/reemerging ancient power struggle/something really, really, big fixing to go down? Anything anyone has done or is currently doing right now, they're planning for THAT. When this big thing goes down, what's important is that you don't know what the hell is going on besides whatever major religion and the idiot next to you are telling you.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
bigpappadiaz,
Please explain your theory. What is the basis, What are you getting at?
Are you on about Asteroid 99942 Apophis – first labeled as 2004 MN4.
Yes it will be comming really close but it will not hit the planet Earth in our lifetimes nor those of our children's children.
Space.com
Or are you refering to another asteroid / comet? If so which one?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It and it's satellites are space stations and WTF

WTF?! LMAO!!!

Ok... Seriously...

We gotta think long run too. No, we may not step foot off this planet in our lifetime, BUT! Our offspring, future generation's will. It'll be becuase of all this seemingly pointless boring research that'll save them the trouble and allow them to actually do something usefull. As pointed out too, there's a possibility that this hyperdrive engine might work, and if it does... that future just stepped into our lifetime, making this research even more important to us in the here and now.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Not just from my sources, science is now deciphering what it is.
Glad there is an ignore feature on this forum.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wow, I guess they were right. You all really are that dumb. No, of course we didn't send that crap out there to find out more about Pluto. Do I know why we sent it?

Just to clarify. New Horizons has not been launched yet. It has been canceled yesterday and today hopefully it will go up tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Not just from my sources, science is now deciphering what it is.
Glad there is an ignore feature on this forum.

www.smh.com.au...

That article is from 2003... Did pluto lose it's status? I haven't heard anything recently nor do I feel it should lose it's status.

TPL

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If the people who say space explorations a waste of time led the human race in caveman times, then out doubt we'd have left the valley we first gained self-awareness in.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes Pluto is still categorized as a planet
FAQ's Pluto

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Awsome, thank you. Off topic, I think those other large bodies beyond pluto should be classified as planet's too. 11-12 planet solar system!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
NASA's budget for FY2006 is $16.5 billion, an increase of 2% from the previous FY (Reference - Whitehouse.gov). Now, whilst this may seem to be a remarkable sum of money, I feel it is important to keep in mind that this represents a paltry 6.4% of the United States federal budget for the FY2006.

Were NASA, tomorrow, to be completely disbanded, do you really believe that the $16.5 billion which is currently the only thing keeping humans in space, would be distributed to areas which could actually use it, or that doing so would make a significant difference in the quality of people's lives? Whilst a comforting thought, it is more likely that the funds would be split up amongst a number of different government bodies, to the point where they would be so diluted as to effect no changes whatsoever.

I feel it is also necessary to point out that many federal departments which people often cite as being more worthy of investment than NASA receive far greater budgets than the space agency. Examples include the Department of Energy, which received $23.4 billion, the Department of Education at $56 billion, the Department of Health and Human Services at $642 billion, the Department of Housing and Urban Development - $28.5 billion, the Department of Labour at $54.5 billion and the Department of Veteran's Affairs at $33.4 billion (Reference - Washington Post FY2006 Budgets by Federal Agency). So to argue that essential human services are suffering due to federal spending on NASA is somewhat misinformed. Yes, if NASA did not exist, the US Government would have another $16.5 billion to play with. But do you really think that they would happily plow that cash into schools or nursing homes?

To conclude, if I had $100 and I was doleing it out to various groups which needed portions of it and somebody told me that they could explore space - travelling to the furthest reaches of our solar system no less - for a mere $6.40, I would consider it a bargain.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My first post on this issue was speaking from an astral, metaphysical POV or experiences, of which I have had.
Please accept my aplologies for intimating that there could be more to this 'planet' than we as humans will ever know while still on this side.
I could describe a wonderful system of stations that have portals that open up and giant motherships emerge and that all the buildings, etc, are made from crystal?
Guess my experience is as adept as any person on this orb.

Maybe there will be a scientist who has the nads to explore this supposition, but since there are so many who have died from 'accidents' I doubt anyone would buck the black ops by speaking out.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Riiiight... Gee, when you say it that way it all make's sense now.

Let's try staying rooted in reality next time huh?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Produkt

Cool it.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz
Wow, I guess they were right. You all really are that dumb. No, of course we didn't send that crap out there to find out more about Pluto. Do I know why we sent it? No. But I know anyone high up enough isn't really planning on doing any research on some crusty ass planet 10 years from now.

I wish you were kidding, cause that remark is laughable.

high up enough??? space exploration doesn't need ANY approval from any military personal or the President.
In 2015, the amazing pictures will start rolling in and amaze everyone...By then hopefullt you will be smarter then you are now. But i'm sure you think the world is gonna end in 2012...so whats really the point in answering your post.

If Pluto is still recognized as a platnet by 2016, I will be VERY suprised.
Out Solar System has 8 planets...you might as well start putting that into your head now, cause they will change its status.
We are finding more and more large KBO's out there, that are remarkably simuliar to Pluto, and I wouldn't really say Pluto has a moon, because we think of a moon orbiting a planet, but in Pluto's case they kind of swing eachother around...although yes, Pluto is the larger of the two.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Haha, right. That's pretty optomistic dude, 2015. I wish life could stay peachy until then, as it probably looks inside your head. For those of us here on earth that like to look at as many aspects of how this planet works as possible, you can see the planet's going to $#@T fast. And I think anything anyone is sending into space, or any suspicious, large amount of money spent on any device or whatever like HAARP, is in preparation for what's coming and what was planned.

I base my assumptions on maaaybe religion has some basis as fact, that these ancient civilizations weren't just stupid people and their beliefs weren't just their imaginations, that if I were a God ruling over my people I wouldn't explain the sources of my powers or how I got them, instead I'd call them miracles and that only I could do them, this would avoid unneccesary power struggles and suffering. Yada Yada, whatever. I know there's a whole lot of wrongness in our world these days, the people are out of hand and there's not enough order, it's not going to last for much longer before the plug is pulled and we're going to get taught a stinging lesson.

I also believe there are those here on earth who know all about this and are either egging this on or trying to avoid it, but either way they'd both need to stay hidden. And sooo, who the hell really needs some useless Pluto probe that's going to take 10 years anyways when there are more pressing matters at hand.

The world won't end on 2012, but there is going to be a whole lot of faith being revived between now and then. Just because it hasn't kicked off yet doesn't mean it won't at all. We're due for a depression reeeaaal soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
LMAO!!!

Theres really no way to respond to that last post.

If you over 16 then I am VERY suprised.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's a-coming whether you like it or not. Economic depression, even you should be able to see that comin;, lots of war between us and others, once again even you; global weather sucking big time - a lot of ATS members see that coming, maybe you don't but it's happening fast; 6 billion hungry, angry people that won't bother listening to their leaders who will eat every last damn plant and animal because they're hungry, and chop down every last tree with the environment already crippled because of the weather changes: priceless. Something big has to shave off some of this extra weight before it gets that bad, otherwise we'll all go down. And seeing how I'm alive, here, before this apocalypse... I'm a little inclined to believe some of this ancient, spiritual mumbo jumbo.

I'm not the only seeing those high up enough planning for it, we got an entire damn website filled with people devoted to it. So if this NWO or return of God or rise to power of anyone is coming, wouldn't it be understandable if they needed to launch a few things secretly up into space before it happened?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The whole apocolypse thing is slated for discussion in a myriad of other threads. You can continue it there, if you please. Otherwise, get back on topic.

[edit on 1/19/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join