The Bagdad Stargate theory

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Another comspiracy theory that has come to light in recent months is that of the reasons behind the invasion of Iraq, with the possible discovery of a "stargate" just outside of Bagdad in what would have been ancient Babylon.

It is being said that there is a very top secret, high security area set up by the US military, where the entrance to this alleged Stargate is being guarded, with top secret experiments now underway. I have heard this from a number of different people including one British soldier who witnessed the base and found the extreme high security very different from that or "normal bases" there.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Ross

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Dont know which sources you have but since my best friends are currently deployed in "sandbox" and both are high rank officers, they told me nothing about a stargate. The only OPSEC operations are against terroristic activities and the search and locate of WMD

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Can you provide base names? Some of them are prisions for terrorists. Like Saddam is in on secure camp close to bagdad. May thats the reason for updated security and secret levels

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
As "stargates" don't actually exist outside the realm of sci-fi, I think we can safely say that the story is utter nonsense.

If the only basis for the rumour is another rumour that a UK serviceman apparently saw extra security round a US base then it is particulary weak.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The theory

The location

The tombs

The present? :- if someone cares to share.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Whilst I also find this particular rumour hard to believe I don't think we can be as brash as to say - "As 'stargates' don't actually exist outside the realm of sci-fi" because nobody knows what secrets lay out there for sure.

I agree that there is no evidence as yet to support this particular rumour, but I get a lot of these conspiracy theories told to me on my radio show, and it's best not to dismiss them all out of hand, which is why I like to post them in here and see what others have heard. Perhaps between us we can find out how the rumours start.

Ross

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There's actually a bunch of ATS threads about this and related to this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add there or continue here.

I think part of the idea here is that babylon translates as "Gate of Heaven". However, this is actually incorrect. The people that originally settled in babylon, their language is not properly understood. In the language of the later conquerors, it means something like 'gate of heaven', but thats pretty irrelevant, since they didn't name it 'babylon'.

Not to mention that there's a tv show about a 'stargate'. If there was no TV show, there'd be no story here, imo.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
I have heard this from a number of different people including one British soldier who witnessed the base and found the extreme high security very different from that or "normal bases" there.

Ross

Didn't you get the address?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I think part of the idea here is that babylon translates as "Gate of Heaven". However, this is actually incorrect. The people that originally settled in babylon, their language is not properly understood. In the language of the later conquerors, it means something like 'gate of heaven', but thats pretty irrelevant, since they didn't name it 'babylon'.

Not to mention that there's a tv show about a 'stargate'. If there was no TV show, there'd be no story here, imo.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Nygdan]

aww, beat me to it lol. A "stargate" creating an interplanetary wormhole for travel between planets is highly doubtful. But i guess we should not rule it out, ya never know. It would also be strange for aliens to just leave there technology laying around.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This rumor is 100% false...and just plain dumb.

Just like the "stargate found in Peru", except its not a rumor...theres pics in the link...of what is "called" a stargate.

Peru Stargate

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Give the author of the thread some credit,

this has been one of the most talked about subjects on ATS since i have joined (back in 2003). lots of threads on this, myself is extremely interested in this. especially with the link to iraq.

interesting ATS thread..

Babylon:Why is it closed and occupied?

need any help looking for stuff, give me a U2U

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
As "stargates" don't actually exist outside the realm of sci-fi, I think we can safely say that the story is utter nonsense.

If the only basis for the rumour is another rumour that a UK serviceman apparently saw extra security round a US base then it is particulary weak.

You don't dabble in alternate history right?
I know your standpoint. It's a movie, tv series.. but theories on stargate's based on sumerian texts, hindu texts, mayan, egyptian etc.... theories about this have been here longer then the movie.

I'm not asking you to believe anything or so, I'm not sure I do, but it's an interesting read and when you get the whole picture of those idea's and the texts it's not so nonsensical as it seems.

I highly doubt they are purposefully looking for a stargate despite my dabbling in alternate history. So I'm not worried.

PS. And assuming those interpretations of the texts are all correct, if they found it we would have known, or will know soon. Because according to those ancient texts it's not a good thing persay to open it.. you could compare it to the idea of Pandora's Box if it's real and they manage to activate it.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by David2012
I highly doubt they are purposefully looking for a stargate despite my dabbling in alternate history. So I'm not worried.

Well, there is something in Iraq that they want and I don't think its just oil.

Aswell as researching into the New World Order and the illuminati, I have been looking into the Stargate theory.

The ancient world was more advance than we think and had understanding of the stars that we don't. Alternative history is something that shouldn't be ignored and pushed aside.

As I said at the start, they are looking for something in Iraq especially Babylon.

(Egyptian chamber of knowledge under the Sphinx (apparently) is another interesting theory as well. But thats another subject matter)

[edit on 3-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
intresting theory

but if the area(stargate) was underguard and occupied by the US government in the first place, why would they then go ahead and start a war with iraq and invade it ? I would think they would like to keep the secret underwraps rather then stirring up a war with alot of controversy... creating alot of attention towards that region would defeat the purpose in what they were trying to do in the first place.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
it all depends on what Iraq was going to do with it and whether they would let the Americans have access to it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

I'm a new member and believe that there is more to it than meets the eye. The Iraq war was not just about oil. I am of Indian (Hindu) background with some popular knowledge of old Hindu scriptures. The Mahabharat story describes a war where weapons called Divyastras (divine weapons) are used. These could produce fire, wind and rain to destroy the enemy. The HAARP site is meant to see if such technology can be of practical use. To return to the Mahabharat story, the victor of the great war Arjuna had a nickname 'Parth'. This was derived from his mother's name 'Pratha'. The area WEST of what is presently called Afghanistan was won by Parth. The area was then called Parthia. Later simplified to Persia. This is now IRAN. Is it just a coincidence that there is so much interest in this area of IRAQ. Perhaps along with the 'divine weapons' there might have been 'stargates too. Travel 'through the sky' was very common in the ancient Indian times.

new topics
top topics

join