It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emily Rose Case(update)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
thescotsman.scotsman.com...

As I was trekking around in the fields I dug up this neat little piece of info on the real emily rose exorcism case....

I think its kinda weird that people would take the soil in which she is buried.The part that gets to me the most is the part about how the wife always looks at the spot or whatever.

Enjoy.

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As a Catholic, I understand why someone might take some dirt from her grave. Many of us believe she was a "victim soul" and as such is a saint in heaven whether officially canonized or not. She answered the call of God speaking through the Blessed Mother to accept the demonic possession of her body so that people would learn that there truly is an evil spiritual realm. Even today, it is not popular to believe in the devil amongst mainstream Protestant clergy and unfortunately amongst some liberal Catholic clergy.

The dirt would be like a 3rd class relic. In case you didn't know---a first class relic is a piece of a saint---ex. bone chip; a second class relic is something or a piece of something that the saint owned and used---ex. a piece of that person's clothing; finally a third class relic would be something touched to the body of that saint. I have several 3rd class relics---small pieces of cloth that were touched to a saint's body. The dirt is from the hallowed ground of her grave and as such is sort of akin to a third class relic.

I understand why she asks people if they are Catholic. As a mother, she doesn't want somebody who does not have a true spiritual interest in her daughter's life, or worse yet, someone involved in the dark arts desecrating Anneliese's (Emily Rose) grave or memory. She probably watches it as a sort of guardian against these things.

I would love to visit this site.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I feel so very bad for this girl.

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agentdemon
I feel so very bad for this girl.

Yes she suffered greatly. But Mary offered her the chance to be delivered and she chose to continue to the suffering because as Mary told her-- it would benefit mankind greatly
She is in heaven now, and you can ask her to pray for you. I have been praying to her since I saw the movie.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by zef]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
On a related subject, have you heard this

Russian Exorcism

A sixteen-year-old girl sits in a chair in a Russian Orthodox Church. She is being held down by her mother. Light filters in from high windows and the air is thick with tension and the smell of holy incense. A priest stands over her reading the rite of exorcism. The girl squirms in her mother’s arms, groaning and growling as if the priest’s words were a torment to her mind and soul. The girl struggles violently, her groans becoming inhuman howls and deep, guttural moans of psychological pain. Then she lashes out at the priest, and in a voice that seems not to be her own, spits words of defiance.

Very strange.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zefYes she suffered greatly. But Mary offered her the chance to be delivered and she chose to continue to the suffering because as Mary told her-- it would benefit mankind greatly
She is in heaven now, and you can ask her to pray for you. I have been praying to her since I saw the movie.

Oh you misunderstood, I feel badly because her idiotic parents and priest tortured her instead of seeking psychiatric/psychological help. She was clearly dellusional and probably suffered a mental illness.

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Perhaps, but I greatly doubt it. Of course, I am not a medical expert, but I am an RN with 12 years experience. I've worked the neurological and the psych floors. She doesn't fit.

Her parents did seek medical attention. A doctor was present at the exorcism during which she died.

Watch the movie again.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's hollywood, things were exaggerated and flat made up to make more money. The courts ruled in real life that her parents neglected her and I believe were sent to jail. The church even rules that she wasn't possessed, it's incredible how mich crap people take in.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yes her parents went to court for manslaughter......
but then again, how do you PROVE possession in a court of law when the majority of the human race are as closed minded as Agentdemon?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It's hollywood, things were exaggerated and flat made up to make more money. The courts ruled in real life that her parents neglected her and I believe were sent to jail. The church even rules that she wasn't possessed, it's incredible how mich crap people take in.

If you dont mind would you care to express what you mean exactly when you say its incredible how huch crap people take in.Im interested to know if you mean about how people believe what happened in the movie is real.Or if youre taking a shot at the fact that some people believe that she was really possessed .Ecspeacialy when using such an amount of belief in the manner in which you speak I think you should explain further what you indicate with this statement!

zef

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The church even rules that she wasn't possessed, it's incredible how mich crap people take in.

Actually, it was a Church sanctioned exorcism. They wouldn't have sanctioned it if they had ruled that she was not possessed. And there still are exorcist priests.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz
Yes her parents went to court for manslaughter......
but then again, how do you PROVE possession in a court of law when the majority of the human race are as closed minded as Agentdemon?

Haha, you crack me up.

Originally posted by toraylin

If you dont mind would you care to express what you mean exactly when you say its incredible how huch crap people take in.Im interested to know if you mean about how people believe what happened in the movie is real.Or if youre taking a shot at the fact that some people believe that she was really possessed .Ecspeacialy when using such an amount of belief in the manner in which you speak I think you should explain further what you indicate with this statement!

I meant concerning the movie and what actually happened.

Originally posted by zef

The church even rules that she wasn't possessed, it's incredible how mich crap people take in.

Actually, it was a Church sanctioned exorcism. They wouldn't have sanctioned it if they had ruled that she was not possessed. And there still are exorcist priests.

I'm sure there are....

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I figured you meant the whole movie thing.It did seem like the poster was basing their facts on the movie.I have a little interest in this cas(I mean the real account..hehe)But dont really have much time to contribute too much to this.I have been following a few things on it but there is just so much better cases of study out there.!

zef

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For anyone wishing to purchase the book by Dr. Felicitas Goodman (the anthropologist character in the movie who defended the exorcism)--The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel, here is the address:

www.ritualbodypostures.com...

zef

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've also discovered that a German director by the name of Schmidt is making what he says is a much more fact based movie about Anneliese Michel (Emily Rose) and it's called REQUIEM. It's due out some time in 2006 and hopefully will come to America with subtitles.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think her parents should have been thrown in jail...and NOT let out.
Yea the devil took her.
Im looking for the link where a friend and a doctor said this girl, would have been saved and quite ALIVE today. IF she continued on medication.
This is a sad and sick case of child abuse.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
She didn't die during an exorcism, she died because she starved herself.

Eleven months before she died, all medical treatment of Anneliese stopped, and the rites of exorcism were carried out secretly in the bedroom of her parent's home during one-hour sessions. Through the course of these often taped sessions, Anneliese presented what she claimed were six separate demons possessing her, including Lucifer, Cain, Judas Iscariot, Nero, Legion, and Belial. She also claimed to be possessed by Hitler as well as a disgraced priest. During her last exorcisms, Anneliese talked about wanting to die in order to save the souls of others. She stopped eating, rejected all medical help, and relied solely upon the priests to deliver her from the demons she believed were attacking her.

Eventually, Anneliese's knees were destroyed through obsessive genuflection. She contracted pneumonia and died at age 23 from starvation (by the time of her death, she weighed only 31 kilograms or 68 lbs). The autopsy report said that her death was caused by the malnutrition and dehydration that resulted from almost a year of semi-starvation during the rites.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by b777pilot
Yea the devil took her.
Im looking for the link where a friend and a doctor said this girl, would have been saved and quite ALIVE today. IF she continued on medication.

She was diagnosed with a condition that was made up bye her doctor. that condition has been thrown out by the medical profession as a whole. They said the medication would not have helped her at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh

Originally posted by b777pilot
Yea the devil took her.

She was diagnosed with a condition that was made up bye her doctor. that condition has been thrown out by the medical profession as a whole. They said the medication would not have helped her at all.

So that justifies what happened to her and how the situation was handled?
What QUACK doctor was there whilst all this was happening!? She died at 68 pounds!!! You cant tell me anyone thought that was ok!!
She did not die from the devil, she died from starvation and out and out child abuse!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As much as I do feel sorry for her, she did say she wanted to die:

Anneliese talked about wanting to die in order to save the souls of others

top topics

<<   2 >>

join