It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather and Life Expectancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The USA is undoubtedly a great nation. The life expectancy of a person born today is outstanding, especially in a nation as large as ours.

I would love to see a statistical equation that has life expectancy as the dependent variable, and weather as the independent variable. Naturally, weather is dependent on many variables but what is the best way of grouping these variables into one independent variable.

Maybe the impetus of Christopher Columubus was that he wanted better air to breathe.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There is no question that weather has had a great impact on human life - mainly due to crops (think potato famine, etc....).

In today's global trading market we are less likely to have the major impacts as we used to because of the ease of bringing in food sources from other locations where weather is not as bad. Sure prices may go up but - people will eat. Ramen's 10 for a buck got me thru college, good weather and bad....

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Even though there are regions of the US that get more than enough water (i.e. Washington) and other regions which don't get enough (i.e. Arizona) we have such a good distribution system that it really doesn't matter.

However, for countries that can't distribute food within it's own borders, one region of the nation will be eating fine, and the other will be starving. However, on a global scale, the entire planet OVERproduces food for the human population, and if a method existed to distribute food all over, that would be great.

The Pro to a Single Government controlling the world is a global distribution of materials and food. The Con to a Single Government controlling the world is that the food would most likely be Soylent Green.

join