It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dedication...to hippies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just wanted to get a shoutout to all those hippies out there. Just wanted to get a dedication to the selfless and spiritual individuals that change our day to day lives, no not the nwo..but hippies.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
HIPPIES EXIST?!?!?! I thought they all died ages ago from ODIng on drugs......

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hippies, contrary to popular opinion, do exist. There have been sightings all over the world. And, yes, there are countless photographs of these beings -- but with photoshop it is impossible to believe almost any photo that you see. Nevertheless, rumors of the existence of the fabled "hippie" continue unabated. Efforts to capture "the hippie" through sedation have not worked. It seems that hippies have an unusual constitution and are, somehow, able to tolerate enough tranquilizer to knock out a horse. Someday, somewhere, somehow, trained researchers will finally substantiate "hippie sightings" and bring to the world actual evidence of the existence of the Hippie.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Hippies, contrary to popular opinion, do exist. There have been sightings all over the world. And, yes, there are countless photographs of these beings -- but with photoshop it is impossible to believe almost any photo that you see. Nevertheless, rumors of the existence of the fabled "hippie" continue unabated. Efforts to capture "the hippie" through sedation have not worked. It seems that hippies have an unusual constitution and are, somehow, able to tolerate enough tranquilizer to knock out a horse. Someday, somewhere, somehow, trained researchers will finally substantiate "hippie sightings" and bring to the world actual evidence of the existence of the Hippie.

My God....so it has begun ...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sightings of them?

you mean like aliens and elvis?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
hippies are common place. New age hippies...the NWO

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, I've been identified -- both self-identification and by others -- as a "hippie". All right, I'm 52 years old. I'm a boomer and I certainly was part of whatever nebulous social movement that existed in the 60's and 70's that might have identified me as a hippie. But now I'm curious. What is a hippie? How would you define a hippie?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Trust me on this one. Using the term in the broadest possible sense, the hippies mostly created havoc in American society at a time when the highest attributes of citizenship were essential and then when things quieted down enough to suit them, they betrayed their most ostenisble values and during the eighties with their greed made the materialism of their parents, which they previously scorned, look like monastic asceticism.

[edit on 2006/1/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Trust me on this one. Using the term in the broadest possible sense, the hippies mostly created havoc in American society at a time when the highest attributes of citizenship were essential and then when things quieted down enough to suit them, they betrayed their most ostenisble values and during the eighties with their greed made the materialism of their parents, which they previously scorned, look like monastic asceticism.

Whew.....then I'm NOT a hippie by your definition.....I guess I'm just a long-haired freak. But surely, yours can't be the "definitive" description of a "hippie" because I'm often called a hippie and I certainly do not fit the description that you have given.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know a young man who wants to be a rock star. I give him credit for learning to play an instrument and starting a band, but along with all of that he got so many piercings and tattoos that he came to look like some rock stars do.

I guess if you want to be a certain thing, it's good to look the part, but if looks made rock stars, rock stars would be a dime a dozen. I think he got his priorities wrong. If he makes it as a rock star, he could get to tatoos to reinforce the image, but now that he has the tatoos, if he fails to become a rock star, he's going to put some cosmetic surgeon's child through college or grow old looking like a dork.

Anyone can stop getting haircuts and anyone with about ten bucks can visit a barbar. Get my drift?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
you know, that was one of the most round-about and, yet, succinct statement
that I have ever heard. well stated and I get your drift. have you ever thought of applying for the position of ATS/BTS resident philosopher. I think you'd be perfect.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment. I doubt if there will ever be a philosopher laureate position on ATS or that I would get it if they did.

[edit on 2006/1/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hippies are what is right in this world. They have helped me through rough times and they deserve everyones respect.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's either hippies or gangstas, I choose hippies

new topics

top topics

join