It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calender.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The Mayan 2012 is about the rebirth of Earth, not the end or the world. If you look at many indian and acient cultures the world has been born 4 times and in 2012 when the mayan calender ends the earth will be reborn. To be more precise the mayan calender ends on dec 21 2012.

21-12-2012 is not a day like any other. Up in the sky, an extraordinary and incredibly rare event will take place. The Sun will move to a unique spot in the sky -- and hold still for a while, since it is solstice day. The Sun will sit precisely on the heavenly crossroads between the Milky Way and the galactic equinox, forming a perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy. Something that happens only every 25,800 years.

For more info check out this site.

www.exitmundi.nl...

edit, crude I thought I hit reply instead of new post. Sorry, but here is some info that goes with teh mayan calender anyhow.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Smoot]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Maybe "Planet X" or "Nibiru" will swing by in 2012 and will cause all sorts of gravitational distortions to Earth and causing an Ice Age. Ice Ages are periodic after all, and have happened usually at rough intervals of a number of year I cant remember right now
. thats one theory.
the earth would be cleaner after an Ice Age...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Damn, and all that have to happen one day before my birthday...

Unlucky...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
Maybe "Planet X" or "Nibiru" will swing by in 2012 and will cause all sorts of gravitational distortions to Earth and causing an Ice Age. Ice Ages are periodic after all, and have happened usually at rough intervals of a number of year I cant remember right now
. thats one theory.
the earth would be cleaner after an Ice Age...

i remember reading somewhere that planet x was supposed to make its way around earth in 2060 something.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Pardon me for being blunt, but do you have any proof? How do you know all this. What makes you think the Mayans know all this?

Isn't it possible that there calendar had an arbitrary end? And if they got that far, they would just make a new one?

new topics

top topics

join