It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

CASH COWS- Women out for a man's money

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
As usual..a great and eloquent post. I have always admired your ability to get a point across with more than just four letter words.

I agree with what you post and have myself been in circumstances you post.

Years ago. I dated a older women and found myself doing pretty much what you described. Before I even thought it through I had purchased four ceiling fans for her home and a set of folding attic steps and also put them in for her. I was so dumb that it took the last of them, the attic steps, to ask myself...to evaluate..what am I doing? ..I have plenty of work at home needing to be done. What am I doing here???
The next time this happened I had built a deck out back of my home..the woman I was seeing at the time ..wanted me to build a deck for her. I passed on that..especially since I detected it was implicit that not only would I build it for her but also to buy the materials. Either way I didnt bite and soon we went our seperate ways.....I was not buying into that ..though a few years before I probably would have been dumb enought to do so.

In short....In the type of work that I do ..I put my life and limb on the line often for my moneys. This does not make me better than other men or women. For safetys sake I expect real commitment and a attention span ..first fruits, from the people working with me as shipbuilding can be very dangerous at times. Why would I expect any less from the woman on whom I choose to spend my moneys. She needs to know enough to put a safety net under me..not just one for her and her children. The facts I know is that so many men cannot vocalize such a thought pattern nor think this through ..they think they must perform for women ..who dont themselves think any farther. Not all women but a noticable genre..a noticable type. And these women give the real women out there a bad name. These men in thier ignorance give these women huge opportunitys to get something without anything of real value in return.. a counterfit. Many men only catch on when it is to late.
Its not just about her safety net...its about his safety net too. Most women and men dont think of it this way. She must have something of real value to come to her and her children for...while seperating himself from his moneys and skilles earned and learned.
For those of you who can think this far..what is the safety net for which a knowlegable man comes to a woman...even a woman who already has children??? Because..remember..if a man takes up with a woman who already has children..his risks and liabilities are even higher..even if she is getting child support from a previous arrangement. Even if he too has children. I believe you have alluded to this pattern Dr Strangecraft.
Now to answer Flyboy211s post on the "no finance no romance" board.

Eloquent post Dr Strangecraft,
Well done,
Orangetom




posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think you're definitely on to something. My problem with the (older) woman I mentioned was that I did nice things for her and her children were still rude to me. By God, if I do your mom and your whole family a favor, you could at least say thank you. You don't have to make me brownies or anything, just acknowledge a gift when you get one.

I'll tell you something about my wife.

Before I met her, there were guys following her everywhere (still a few around I have to "splain" things to, occasionally.). She was a virgin, and saving herself for marriage. They all knew the score.

But there was this one dude. I suppose he was convinced that if he hung around long enough, was servile enough, that he would eventually win and get in her her pants.

I love her, but I always have been horrified at the way she treated him. She had a "moving party" when she moved to a better apartment. He was the only one who showed up. And she went to work while he single-handedly moved every item she owned.

On another occasion, there's a picture of him. She had dressed him up in her clothes, and put makeup on him, "as a joke." And he let her (!).

Personally, I think such is incredibly abusive. I would NEVER let a woman, even her, treat me like that. (Well, come to think of it, I did back in college . . .) I mean, talk about a power trip. Literally mocking someone by making them look ridiculous and taking a picture. Well, dude, there goes your supreme court seat. sorry.

If you don't want him. tell him to leave. But don't dress him up in girls clothes, or make him move a sleeper sofa up stairs alone, just because he's a horny idiot. My God, woman.

Maybe this should be on the Testosterone thread. I'll ask her tomorrow about the whole episode (which, granted, I didn't witness first-hand). And see what she has to say for herself.

To be fair, I've seen the picture of her that day, in a matching hunter green plaid jacket and pleated miniskirt. A white blouse with a frilly collar, the whole "prep school girl" number. Damn. Anyway. I'll see if she has anything to say, or will post some kind of defense.

.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I'll tell you something about my wife.

Before I met her, there were guys following her everywhere (still a few around I have to "splain" things to, occasionally.). She was a virgin, and saving herself for marriage. They all knew the score.

But there was this one dude. I suppose he was convinced that if he hung around long enough, was servile enough, that he would eventually win and get in her her pants.

I love her, but I always have been horrified at the way she treated him. She had a "moving party" when she moved to a better apartment. He was the only one who showed up. And she went to work while he single-handedly moved every item she owned.
[edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]


It wasn't a moving party....he and I moved some of my heavy furniture together, I didn't go to work while he moved furniture.


Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

On another occasion, there's a picture of him. She had dressed him up in her clothes, and put makeup on him, "as a joke." And he let her (!).

Personally, I think such is incredibly abusive. I would NEVER let a woman, even her, treat me like that. (Well, come to think of it, I did back in college . . .) I mean, talk about a power trip. Literally mocking someone by making them look ridiculous and taking a picture. Well, dude, there goes your supreme court seat. sorry.

If you don't want him. tell him to leave. But don't dress him up in girls clothes, or make him move a sleeper sofa up stairs alone, just because he's a horny idiot. My God, woman. [edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]


He found the dress in my closet and wanted to put it on, and then he wanted me to put makeup on him and paint his nails. I was just being accomodating. I didn't make him do anything!



Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Maybe this should be on the Testosterone thread. I'll ask her tomorrow about the whole episode (which, granted, I didn't witness first-hand). And see what she has to say for herself. [edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]


Now you have heard....the rest of the story....good day! I and the poor guy who felt a need to wear my clothes feel better that the record has now been set...uh....straight...



Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

To be fair, I've seen the picture of her that day, in a matching hunter green plaid jacket and pleated miniskirt. A white blouse with a frilly collar, the whole "prep school girl" number. Damn. Anyway. I'll see if she has anything to say, or will post some kind of defense. [edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]



I'm working to get back into that outfit for you, honey, but the strangecraftlings have made it difficult!

.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
awww she joined to set the record straight, I like her dr
lol

Hi frau dr
have heard so much about U, glad U are here among us
(to keep him in line I'm sure
lol)

In all seriousness, his posts are a joy to read


On topic ... Cash cows :lol I love it! it isn't ™'d is it ? I would like to use it lol

The closest I have even come to "gold diggin" is a t-shirt I own that says "Gold Diggers ... like a hooker, just smarter" with a 50's housewife-type lady on it holdin her hand out with a huge rock on her finger
(yeah it rocks lol)

Honestly, I am of the opinion that if men are willing to let women use them for their money they have nobody to be mad at but themselves and they get no sympathy from me. I ain't mad at either of em though, they both gettin what they want and if that's what they want welll uhhh more power to em, to each his/her own.

I was raised to buy the nice things I want for myself by working for them, I have worked since I was 11 years old (in the family store for my allowance) .... and have many nice things, which I am proud to wear and use as I have acquired them myself.

And it has always been a joy to be the one behind the wheel of the Lexus and watch the men squirm to wanna talk to me but not dare
something about being intimidated or something like that ....
hehe

now gifts are another story although I am still working on being comfortable with taking them lol I never used to and would get shy about it but I love to give and so I am learning to recieve and appreciate the gesture




[edit on 2-2-2006 by ImJaded]



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin
Personally, as long as you can make me laugh and have a nice butt then Ill be all over you like a rash


Money has never, will never matter to me when I pick a mate.


Can I get an Amen ?!

I am the same way


Lysergic,


Originally posted by Lysergic
good thing i r poor.




U kilt me dear
I am still laughing as I type this ctfu

whew *wipes tears*



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
On topic ... Cash cows :lol I love it! it isn't ™'d is it ? I would like to use it lol

now gifts are another story although I am still working on being comfortable with taking them lol I never used to and would get shy about it but I love to give and so I am learning to recieve and appreciate the gesture


[edit on 2-2-2006 by ImJaded]


Jaded--- Use it all you want... Maybe I should TM it.... Hmm...

I have trouble accepting gifts too--- I have been raised to pay for everything out of my own money, and if you don't have the money, you don't have the item. Especially expensive gifts are hard for me to accept, because I never had a lot of money-- So expensive things were always out of the chances for me haha.... But I'm learning as well-- Small steps. I'm always up for chocolates and flowers... AHEM...



posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have never used a romantic relationship for money....that is what father's are for! All you have to say is, "Daddy, I want....." and he usually came through. Once he brought home a tee shrit that said, "Spoiled Brat, cash, clothes and credit cards" I have NEVER worn it. To admit that I am spoiled would be just too much! On the other hand, strangecraft and I work very hard for what we have and only use cash. We don't use credit at all. If we don't have the cash, then we don't buy it!



new topics




 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join