It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CASH COWS- Women out for a man's money

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Your time and moneys in regards to women are worth so much more..you shut out yourself from a whole much larger world with this pattern of one dimensional thinking.

The concept for a thinking man is how to get good quality "loving" and "All" that that entails without alot of cash..or getting her to take up alot more of the risk with the cash/time and labor. This way you know more of what she is really about and worth in the marketplace. Not just appearences of what she is about....on the surface.

Yes, but you are assuming he is worth more
A man like that is worth the type of woman he'd be attracting or selling himself to

Not every man is looking for the quality of women you describe men should aspire to...and the quality of that woman, isn't the type to be interested in mere money and power anyway...so it's comparing apples to orages my friend!

fact is wake up rich men, poor men and know the woman you want and what you bring to the table as well as what you are getting and if the two mesh=happiness if not=misery...and many a man has PAID for making the wrong choice in more than just monetary ways...so watch out about selling your heart or soul for the wrong woman too

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes Think2much..that is exactly what I am saying. A man like that is worth the kind of woman he is attracting ...which is exactly what happened to my friend.
I happen to think he is worth more in the marketplace...than he expects. Much more. What happened to him is that he misjudged ..twice in a row..obviously there is a pattern of operation here indicating a pattern of thinking or non thinking...with the predictable results. He got a counterfit. Not the real thing.
Now a statement like that of Optimus fett...it is obvious what the focal point is. What their requirement is..for a woman and it is very low.. Neither I or my friend has to marry a woman to get that ...It is very easy to get...hence for those of us who know better it has a very low intrinsic value in the marketplace.

I know what my friend had to do to pay off his house in such a short time The number of 12 hour days he worked to pay it off and add a garage and swimming pool. Years and years of 12 hour days 7 days a week. I know this because I have done pretty much the same thing. here for my home. This is a alot of performing...a whole lot. As I have stated ..the willingness of a man to perform..to do so without thinking..to make himself expendable and disposable within a social framework...and not think about the pattern of what he is doing. Either in dating or in marriage...he is preconditioned to carry out the play ...on command/clues and cues.
My point is that a man ..,just like a woman, should think this way...not assume he has to spend a inordinate amount of time trying out for approval while actually sticking his neck out on the chopping block without knowing what is actually happening or what he is getting.
Failing in this ..he will get exactly the type of women he deserves...exactly what you describe and he will be worth the type of women he gets or is attracting /selling himself to...quite correct on this Think2much.
As my friend told me when before He married the women ...before this cash cow I mentioned... He told me " I will continue to perform ". I could not get him to understand ...twice......that a mans willingness to perform .especially in the presence of a effeceint counterfit ...makes him extreamly vulnurable... He did not develope the skills to know the difference. Many men never develope this line of thinking ..and I have said so .. He can get women into bed...So can I ..it is not a difficult skill to master.
When I see men make statements like" its about good lovin". I want to puke. Or statements like cash for loving.. or sex..

Sex is the least valuable commodity a good woman brings to the table...the least valuable!! Yet so many men in their abomnable ignorance put this "oil shortage"mentality up on such a high pedistal...as if it is on the enviornmentally endangered species list. Amazing.!!! Like its going to run out or dissappear from the earth tomorrow!! What a dumb bunch of men.
Perhapsed I should have stated that a thinking mans time is worth more...which would eliminate probably 60 to 80 percent of the men out here. Most of the rest are just responding to a counterfit stimulus which is often not thiers.
And you are correct again when you say not every man is looking for a man of the type I am describing. If a man plans on marrying a woman he'd better have a high bar for her to move up to and he'd better know the difference. Obviously by my friend...and the title of this thread...many do not. If you are just going to date a woman ..no problem...but you'd better be developing the skills here too..to filter out all the wildlife in its natural habitat. To develope the necessary survival skills...if you decide to marry a woman. The skills needed to filter out the counterfits/wildlife.
Once again ..my friend did not ..because his thinking apparatus was not in gear....twice..
Will he continue to perform...because he cannot seperate himself..from this habit...??? I dont know..I pray not. But the odds are not looking good. There are women out here like those in the title thread..who can quite readily navigate a man to the altar...and seperate him from his goods...quite readily and many have done so as a career. This is a lifestyle in some women for which men should be educated in ..but you will never find this in schools or on the news formats...you know..those people looking out for you ??
This is why I say ..what a dumb bunch of men.
Sometimes I listen to my friend..and I want to take my jumper cables from my truck and attach them to both of his ears..and get his brains jumpstarted. Obviously the rest of him works..to some degree just not his brains..like alot of dumb men..mostly glands...hes glandular after a certain point in a relationship. It is very sad and I feel for him.

You know..Think2much...because so many men are preconditioned to think automatically ..of women as the weaker sex...it is not customary to think of them as being counterfitters. But a woman who looks at another woman ..with those disecting eyes and feeler antennas...is sledome ever deceived about another woman. A womans radar in this arena is usually so much more accurate than a mans radar...because the wavelength/frequency works differently. Amazing to me.
My friend ..was stuck on a counterfit doctrine..he may still be..I hope and pray not....hence he ran twice into better counterfitters. Which is my point...and I believe yours.

Thanks for your Post Olde Man,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Think2much.

Male disposability and expendability and the cash cow..

Show you how this works...

About four houses down the street from me is a divorced woman with three kids. She is somewhere in her 30s. She is pretty much highspeed lane...judging by the women and men who come over. Clubbing on the weekends et al..etc etc.

Well we had some high winds here the other day...and her tree apparently was in a state of detioration and section of it fell on the roof of her house... Being a intelligent well rounded educated woman of this world..she looked around to get someone to take care of the problem for her without work and without paying for it.
My neighbor...was dumb enough to volunteer the fact that I have a chain saw and a tree climbing set.
Being the high speed low drag fast lane woman of this world ,she walks down to my door ,armed with this vital information via my neighbor,...and asks if I would help her out/rescue her.
Thinking and analyzing the situation because there are children involved ...I took my ladder and ropes and dragged the large broken section of tree branchs off her roof and let them drop into her yard. Then I took my equipment, came back home ,and back to my book and fixed dinner.
She was actually dumb enough to believe that I was going to cut down the rest of the tree limb...for her which is going to fall on her house if she doesnt get it cut down.
She was willing to make me expendable and disposable for her and her children..based on my willingness to perform. Not going to happen..I told her she needs to call a tree cutting service. I am not the tree cutting service.
The other limb which is going to eventually fall down is still there..obviously she now knows what it costs to get a tree or limbs professionally cut down.
I do not expect her to curtail her clubbing and nite life this weekend to keep the tree cutting in mind. I know this pattern of operation because she has a older chordless phone and I can pick her up on my police scanner occasionally. I know how she thinks or doesnt think.
I have no desire to be disposable and expendable for her or her children. To take risks for them. I am not part of a default setting for them to play through on my time and labor. This is no different to me than a cash cow.
She will have to get someone else ..to take care of it for her..and she will ..eventually.... But first the weekend!!!!

Thanks olde man.
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Male disposability and expendability and the cash cow..(snip)

Show you how this works...(snip)

She will have to get someone else ..to take care of it for her..and she will ..eventually.... But first the weekend!!!!

I hear you buddy and I know the breed! Both the women and the men that aloww themselvesa to be made disposable/expendable!

Just so happens I know (sadly I am related to her) a woman now 33 years old and is a single mother-never married though engaged twice....more than counterfiet-shes pure cheap carbon copy

5'7" 110 lbs tan long bleach blonde hair and gorgeous blue/green eyes and nice straight white teeth...and an annoying giggle...that might have been cute when she was 16, but now it grates on you if around it any length of time...

she has never had to do anything for herself. Admittedly I have helped her move twice! She uses people-men and women-and thinks nothing of it. Everyone has alowed her to do this for so long, she expects it. It is nothing for her to think people would and should bend over backwards for her...especially men...and they do...all for a chance...or because she is so sweet...and they perform for sweet naturally...being nice guys and all

and she shows no appreciation!

men line up to be used by her, worthless performers who will mow her lawn, shovel her snow, plow for her, build decks for her (she did buy the lumber...I think...but I could be wrong)

when she was 18 a guy bought her a car...this guy was in love (infatuated) with her...but they never even dated...she told him they never would...but that if he wanted to chase her that was fine...so he did...and she picked out the car...a 1991 Toyotoa MR2 as I recall

I asked her if she did not feel that was a little wrong? She said no because she was honest with him that they would only ever be friends...

I don't know if some guys just like to be abused or what? WTeverlovingF? GET A CLUE

However, I have a question for you...did your neighbor come smiling with her arms innocently behind her back thrusting her breasts in your face swaying back and forth asking for your aid...or did she come and ask you more straight forward for your help...well...I think I know the answer, so let me just rephrase it...

IF she would have come and said "hey Orangetom, I have a problem with this tree on my roof...and I hear you have some equipment, would you be willing to help me get it down if I paid you... and how much would you want? ...and I'd be glad to make you dinner too...and maybe some cookies" (This would be my sister...I actually think she would bring her chocolate chip cookies on a plate to you just to make any kind of request for a favor or help!)

anyway, though she wasn't willing or able to pay what it would cost for a pro...if she didn't think of you-and thus treat you as expendable-would you have reacted differently and was genuine and respectful, trying to entice you, willing to pay and offering a meal and cookies and a but not sexually, and ...would you then have respected her and helped her more...and if so...for cash, or the meal and cookies too...just wondering what end of the spectrum you are coming from as it sounds a bit like you have a chip on your shoulder.

I do understand your point though...men as a freakin species these days are nearly expendable- act/think like sex is a rare commodity to barter for at all costs...and women either manipulate them through that thinking, or are so stupid themselves they don't know they are perpetuating a problem and buy into thinking that is there most valuable asset...

what a society!

I understand both the primal urges of men and the supposed vulnerabilities of women-but I totally agree with your perspective! ...though being old fashioned in some ways believe it or not...I do think a man should be making a sufficent income to supply for a family-once kids are involved- so the mother can...mother those kids-but before a guy takes that role of provider...he should know to whom and for what and to what end he'll be providing...performing...how much is "enough" for her so he doesn't set himself up for working himself into the ground for a lifestyle she wants

[edit on 26-1-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hey olde man,

Great post but it burns my backside the woman of which you speak..but then again to be fair these men are some kind of dumb.

I have to shove off to work and will take time when I get off tomorrow ..12 hour shifts right through the night till 6am.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ahh...got off work early tonight. I thought it was going to be a 12 hour night but we were slack on the workload tonight and got off after only 8 hours.

Re reading your post got me chuckling ..where you posted " men just line up to be used by her" Its true ..I have seen this many times and as a younger man have done it..before I caught on. Its like watching a bad gene pool among men in operation. Like my friend told me..."Im going to continue to perform".

As to my having a chip on my shoulder...yes I would agree ..this would be what it appears to be. I have had others in these posts make similar statements. When I see women with this modus operandi...I think the same ..they have a chip on thier shoulders. Some would call this entitlement. They deserve. I have actually heard these words from some of them..along with .."Honey you need to get that man trained". This is another expression of entitlement at someone elses expense.
Think2much ..what I know is that I am different ..I dont think like alot of men. I dont worry about it as I dont try out for approval ..of men or women. Even many men are so dumb they think it is a mans role to try out such as my friend..they think this is entirely normal. It is not.
What you learn as a man ..in this world..is that your time and labors/moneys have value...obviously by the number of women wanting access to this. YOu dont spend alot of time trying out for approval ...and giving first fruits for second hand counterfits..Understand. This is what so many men need schooling on. But alas..so many as you describe line up to be "used" for several bouts before the thinking apparatus kicks into gear. If you give first fruits you should expect first fruits back..and you need to train yourself to discern if you are getting such. Otherwise you may be getting a counterfit and not know the difference ..until it is to late.
Not just among women do you not settle for second hand fruit ..while delivering first fruits ..but among other men too. When I work with another man ..and I have things needing doing ..and I dont get the performance they are getting paid to do...I get rid of them...quickly. They are useless. I am choosy about the person working next to me...they can get you killed or hurt quickly if they dont have the right perspective on many of my jobs. Having worked on a flight line ..I am sure you understand this quite well.
When I put my hard hat and tools away .I dont put my thinking away...with them. I think the same way about many things off the job. I hang around with very few males off the job..because I dont want to hear about the Los Angeles Lakers..or the Washington Redskins or NASCAR..or this woman with Phat Yams..et al. I have little intrest in this kind of behavior among men.
When I see a woman and spend first fruits on her ..I expect first fruit behavior in return..not the appearence of first fruit behavior...as you spoke about with the woman you described in your previous post. When I say first fruit behaviors..I most certainly "dont" mean sex.

As to this woman..I had no intention of cutting down her other tree limb or cutting up the one I removed from her roof..either one..no matter how the meal was presented. You know...like presentation points on the cooking channel. Not intrested. I find my book and the meal I was cooking more intresting. This woman and her kids were long ago filed under high maintnence.

I too dont have a problem with a man working and making enough moneys to support a woman and children. The willingness of a man to do so for a woman and children is one of the greatest social adaptations recorded. Yet you hear so little about it..for what it really is..It has become a given..expected..often taken for granted. I have no problem also with a man doing this and providing time for his woman to raise children..in a secure enviornment. I do not approve of him doing so and making himself expendable ..or her doing so either. You are correct in this part of your post. A man should not accept second hand behavior when He produces first fruits or is expected to produce more ...by her clues and cues.

Thanks olde man,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ah yes olde man-we are on the same page-I do understand. I even understand your chip.

I think men are often counterfit too, and thats when I say they deserve what they get then!

And yes, being on the flightline I do understand not wanting to work next to someone that's going to get you killed or injured.

I'd say more but it really isn't about cash cows specifially and I have a tendancy to get off topic and could do that here! Maybe I'll start a new thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Some would call this entitlement. They deserve. I have actually heard these words from some of them..along with .."Honey you need to get that man trained". This is another expression of entitlement at someone elses expense.

BUY ME DINNER.

Thought I'd lend credibility to your cynisism.. I'll send you the bill.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by riley]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes I agree......men can be counterfit too. This is why I dont like spending alot of time amongst most of them. This is why I dont care to watch alot of men trying out for approval. I also dont like listening to men talk about the gods of sports. etc etc. Other than can they do the job when working with me..I dont associate with many of them
My friend of whom I spoke..is a electrician where I work..I am a machinist. He is one of the few with whom I do associate as we are both radio operators. He too doesnt watch much sports.
If he could only get it together in this other arena. I'm praying for him.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Good to see you again..Its been awhile. Hope things are going well for you down under.

Yes, I would be happy to buy you dinner...but only if you are not high maintnence.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Orangetom said:

This is why I dont care to watch alot of men trying out for approval. I also dont like listening to men talk about the gods of sports. etc etc.

Funny, some guy came into a room at work just yesterday, started talking sports scores and sport gods, looked and saw it's the same guy who talks sports all the time.

He seems sort of red neckish, certainly not an intellectual. Your typical beer swilling sports bar kind of guy (don't get me wrong, I swill beer too) who tries to project an extra-manly presence, I wouldn't be surprised if he owns a big pick-up truck with a king cab and 4 tires on the rear axle.
I see this as some mens attempt at bonding, since they have nothing to go on that interests other men they pull out the sports card, other men think you are
cool and one of the guys.
Next thing they are all talking about men who seem to them to be the pinnacle of manhood, thinking somehow that will rub off on themselves and by default makes themselves more manly, because they talk major MAN stuff.

They try to talk to me about sports, I say "not interested, I'd rather watch a science documentary". End of conversation!

Well, that's how I see it, I am a man, I know it, I don't have to continually prove it. But there are those idiots that must rub their masculinity in our faces.
Yeah buddy, your a real man alright

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Good to see you again..Its been awhile. Hope things are going well for you down under.

They are thankyou.. Hope it's not too cold where you are.

Yes, I would be happy to buy you dinner...but only if you are not high maintnence.

Trying to change me already Orange?

[edit on 27-1-2006 by riley]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Orangetom said:

This is why I dont care to watch alot of men trying out for approval. I also dont like listening to men talk about the gods of sports. etc etc.

Funny, some guy came into a room at work just yesterday, started talking sports scores and sport gods, looked and saw it's the same guy who talks sports all the time.

He seems sort of red neckish, certainly not an intellectual. Your typical beer swilling sports bar kind of guy (don't get me wrong, I swill beer too) who tries to project an extra-manly presence, I wouldn't be surprised if he owns a big pick-up truck with a king cab and 4 tires on the rear axle.
I see this as some mens attempt at bonding, since they have nothing to go on that interests other men they pull out the sports card, other men think you are
cool and one of the guys.
Next thing they are all talking about men who seem to them to be the pinnacle of manhood, thinking somehow that will rub off on themselves and by default makes themselves more manly, because they talk major MAN stuff.

They try to talk to me about sports, I say "not interested, I'd rather watch a science documentary". End of conversation!

Well, that's how I see it, I am a man, I know it, I don't have to continually prove it. But there are those idiots that must rub their masculinity in our faces.
Yeah buddy, your a real man alright

I see what you mean, it is funny what the old preconceived ideas of a man is. Whether it be tall, strong etc. When it's more to do with personality. It's guys like the ones you discuss, who have an issue with what they are. The fact they feel they have to rub it off, or show it off. Goes to show that they are insecure and unsure about themselves. That they have to convince others as well as themselves.

It's what you do and how you think that defines a man. A man shouldn't be afraid to follow their own convictions or afraid to show their feelings. That way they are sure of themselves and know who they are.

I read you mate

Originally posted by riley
Trying to change me already Orange?

Compromise

[edit on 27/1/06 by Flyboy211]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Great that you know the pattern..Im impressed and encouraged !!! There is hope for men yet..Grasshopper. I will sometimes explain in like format some of the views I present here...to those who have the thinking/analytical capacity to understand beyond the sports arena. This is not a large number of men...but it is a seed corn..so to speak..you plant it and watch what happens. An Investment.

I get tired of it too. I would rather go in a corner and read if not busy at work..than listen to that kind of drivel. I too dont feel the need to try out for approval. We do have a few computer geek types at work. I will occasionally get pointers and other things of substance from them concerning my computer gliches. They definitely know their stuff in this arena.

Toadmund..I am glad to see that you have the basic pattern down..and can recognize it. Great going.

Riley,

You crack me up. Though you and I have not always agreed ..I can with confidence say that you dont walk around unarmed. I can respect that in you. Touche.

Thanks to all for their posts.
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It just seems so superficial and such a waste of time.
You often see the sports pages in the bathroom stalls, I often wonder how many men are seriously interested in that, or are merely studying up so that they are not the one who doesn't know the latest stats or scores.
Seriously, I wonder that, why else would it be so important?

That doesn't mean they are all like that, I have had friends that do indeed like sports and don't use it as a social lube. Yet they all like to converse about it.

But for a lot of them, yes, it's a re-affirmation of manhood, talking sports makes them manly. But some see right through it, us.

It's tough to be a man these days, but do I worry?

No, Life is too precious to waste on trying to be manly.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
your post is funny ..though appropriate.

I would however like to make what I consider an important point.

Manhood like womanhood is internal..not external. To much of what bombards us today is external drivel and salesmanship...many of us no longer know the difference. Many of us are trying to present the appearence of manhood not real manhood..same with women...we have been turned into good consumers not decent people. It can be difficult in this type of maze to discern the difference.

To me it is internal development that counts ...not external. Internal development can be expressed in physical results outside of ourselves...but not so with external development. Mere external development has the wrong soul. Too much fluff ..for those who can spot it. Not enough meat and potatoes so to speak.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

It's alright to use my name here. "Pinnacle of manhood" is so vague.

The part about the sports page in the bathroom stall was great.
That being said, reading the sports page on the toilet is the first thing I do every day, well, the first thing that doesn't have anything to do with my g/f.

I couldn't trust a man I couldn't talk sports with, at least to some degree. Hell, I'll trust a man even if he only wanted to talk about soccer.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well Dr Love, I'll just classify you as one of my friends who just like sports stuff.
It's important to separate the man-boy, boy-man from the man-man and not lump everyone into the same lump.
I was being careful not to piss everyone off

Pity those though that must use props to feel worthy, are they a product of our media and marketing?
Have they fell for the less than a man approach to advertising, does using their products do the trick?

Blah, blah, etc. etc. (i just leave it at this, writers block )

[edit on 28-1-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
this is stereotypical bull #....

there must not be too much to you if all you reckon is chicks just want ya for ur money!! take away ur money and who are you??? would you want you???

[edit on 29-1-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I once hooked up with a woman that orangetom describes. This one wasn't a major partier, but had multi kids from multi marriages and was single again.

I used to come over and fix stuff. Shovel her snow in the winter, help her kids with homework or writing a letter to the juvenile parole authority, whatever.

I liked her bunches. We got romantic for a while. And there was genuine mutual love between us. Eventually it fell apart though, and partly because she got a lot more from the relationship than I did. I mean I wasn't ready to raise someone else's (very troubled) children, especially when she didn't agree with me on parenting issues: homework comes before play. Clean your room. Don't try to pick the locks on my liquor cabinet or gunsafe. That kind of stuff.

I helped her financially, and don't resent having done so. But then, before I helped her each time, I had a talk with her about how to plan her life so she wouldn't need a white knight to save her kids butts.

Any friendship will fall apart if, after a while, one person consistently gives and the other consistenly takes. It is as true of my business partners as much as it is in romance.

So, how do you spot a member of the opposite and/or desired sex that is after your money?

1. I always pay. Always. That's my style. Kind of a Steve McQueen about it. I'm the guy and I pay. Gladly. With no strings whatever. But if you order the lobster every time I get a reuben sandwich, I'll notice. I will never say anything rude. But I'll know. That you haven't got any class, and don't think about how your love is impacting my life.

2. I will do some cheap dates. Take my stale bread and let's go feed the ducks in the park. Take you to some museums, planetariums, the botanical gardens. And if you always whine that I won't take you to the "Blood, Sweat and Gears!" tractor pull or the WWF Smackdown, I'll begin to think that our interests are not compatible.

4. Not for your birthday or Christmas, but for some more minor holiday, (like valentines) I will make you a gift. And see what your reaction is. If you are obviously pissed because I made Lasagna and served it with my homebrewed wine on Valentines, instead of taking you to an expensive restaurant and a club, then I just saw the "real" you. Get ready for the "growing apart" speech at the end of the evening.

5. I will watch to see how interested you are in my life. Frau Doktor likes to listen to my voice. She wants me to tell her about the technical details of my work, of the books I'm reading, even when she's probably not all that interested in the topics themselves. She's trying to learn about what moves me. Because she loves me, and not just my legendary sexual prowess or my turgid bank accounts.

6. I may threaten you with a long engagement, and check your reaction. I actually told Frau Doktor that I loved her alone, but couldn't marry her until I finished grad school which would take three years(!). It was not a lie on the day I said it; that really was my plan. (I do not lie in relationships). I could tell she was taken aback. But the next date she was upbeat and positive, and never mentioned it or pushed me to speed things up. And I began to decide over the next month that she might just slip away. Secretly, I was arranging to steal one of her rings from her dresser so I could have it sized for the engagement ring. I proposed and we were married a year later. That's working on 10 years ago now.

The key, as in everything, is to be self aware. To EVALUATE:

1. Am I happy? Is she? (if you're dating a female)

2. Am I proud of this person? Do they embarras me?

3. Do I date this person to impress other people, or because the person is actually a lot of fun.

4. Name three hot things about this person. T & A count as one thing, sorry. If the hot things are really things, you have a problem:

If you say, her mercedes, her flatscreen, and her body; well, that's a problem. those are things.

If you say, her towering intellect, her impish laugh, and the way the morning's dappled sunlight spills over her naked body, framing it with an etherial light as if it were in a Carravagio painting . . . . well, then, your relationship just may have a future.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join