It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash of Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Alright, this indeed may be way out of the ordinary but I'm simply looking for explanation about this and curious if anyone else has EVER noticed this.

For a period of about a month a few years ago, I used to walk out to a ledge near a forest and sit and take pictures of the sunset. However on one particular day as I was walking towards the ledge I looked up towards the sky for a VERY brief second and I noticed the most distinct flash of light above me. As if it was a flash of light from a camera.. but it looked more like a star. It was so unexplainable. It was so distinct and real and I can see it even now in my memory. I looked up straight above me, and saw what actually seemed like a twinke but it was so real.. like the brightness of a distance star showing up then dissappearing. The time of day was not even close enough to warrant twilight stars.. I'm just looking for a possible answer that's all.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My guess is that it was a daytime "Iridium Flare".

Check here:

www.heavens-above.com...

www.satobs.org...

HTH, Theox

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That seems close to what I saw and thanks for the help.

Just picture yourself looking up at the sky, right above you and you see a small faint star appear for a second than vanish, yet it is so vivid and distinct that it couldn't be anything else.. still really curious.

Could of been a satellite taking a pic with a giant flash?
lol

join