It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something amazing tomorrow!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In the east tomorrow night. The temps will drop 20-30 degrees in an hour or two. That's what I call rapid temperature drops. What do you guys think the rest of this winter will bring for the east. Me personally, I live in ohio and I have never seen a winter this warm. Just want your opinions. I think there wll be a major blizzard .

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
can you please post your source so the rest of us know what your talking about.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
headlines.accuweather.com...
it's arouns the second paragraph. I have never seen the temp fall 20-30 degrees in an hour

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
its been like that here in toronto..some spring like days awhile ago...and now some -20 weather...somethings definitely going on whether it's the planet, universe, or manipulation

J_3

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Tons of posts on this around ATS, its been unusually warm here in So Cal also. Heard the same, about NY too.

I have not been able to snowboard this season due to lack of snow, its felt like spring\late summer this entire autumn\winter.

I wonder what kind of affect this will have on the coming summer and next winter. A small change such as this, can become significant in the coming "seasons".

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In oklahoma it was 75 on a saturday, and then snowed on sunday night... then it was all melted by noon, monday...
Temps were back to the 70-80's by the weekend.

Nah, weathers fine... nothing to see here...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The weather has been unusual here in New York with temperature fluctuations. It's been a constant tug-of-war with the weather going from the 40s down to 0 within a day. A friend from Albany said she was tanning because the temperatures were well above 50.. unsure how usual that is for the Albany area. But I can vouch for the weird temperature flucuations. Not used to it raining this time of year.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
And those temperatures sure did drop.

There hasn't been any snow yet, but it's damn cold out there. It rained all afternoon, so the roads aren't pretty. There's a thick layer of ice on everything.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Are you from the New York area Parr?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No, I'm in Toronto, Ontario

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ahh, yeah its raining here right now, lol and it was only freezing yesterday, now when I open my front door, the air is.. not warm but it's certainly more welcoming
lol

E_T

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by J_3
I have not been able to snowboard this season due to lack of snow, its felt like spring\late summer this entire autumn\winter.

I wonder what kind of affect this will have on the coming summer and next winter. A small change such as this, can become significant in the coming "seasons".
Well, think about albedo difference between snow and ground surface, snow reflects almost all radiation back while ground absorbs most of it.

So without snow temperature will rise much faster when amount of received sun radiation rises. (also melting of snow would absorb lot of heat)

top topics

join