It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever eaten a swan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
My cousin's had a swan before because he's odd and just nabs them outta the water. Probably illegal too. He says they taste a lot like duck. Very greasy, but delicious.

God my family's messed up...eating swans. Soon enough they'll start going after crow's. Haha

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Thought you'd like this one - the master of the Queens' Music (yeah she has her own Royal composer) was cautioned after offering visiting police swan terrine.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have to note something that I find strangely interesting. First, I have never eaten a swan. But what is curious that I can't but note that I never have ever considered eating a swan. I, like many others, have never even considered it a food source. I don't know, but I find this curious.

I was born and raised in Michigan. Now whether you agree with hunting or not, Michigan is a great outdoor state and, to be frank, it is a state with a great hunting and game tradition. You don't even have to hunt to know someone who does and will gladly share venison, duck, turkey -- you get the idea. I've eaten quail, grouse, pigeon, wild turkey, of course duck. I've eaten goose but I have never eaten a swan and I have never ever thought of eating one. Come to think of it, I feel the same way about flamingos.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I, like many others, have never even considered it a food source. I don't know, but I find this curious.

Tis why I started the thread. It dawned on me the same way. We eat all water fowl other than swan, but eating a swan never crosses anyone's mind. As far as flamingos go, I'm not sure if they're considered a water fowl, and I never thought about consuming them either.

I think one day I might start a swan farm specifically for food purposes. Why not? I might be getting in on the ground floor of the next big thing.

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join